Chapter Twenty Eight

They swiftly made it to the empty top box, being able to snag the best seats there. I quickly sat in between Fred and Charlie, watching as everyone else settled down into their seats.

"Dobby?" asked Harry incredulously. I whipped around to look in the direction Harry was looking. I had heard all about Dobby, due to him being a massive help in the discovery of the Chamber of Secrets.
"Did sir just call me Dobby?" the elf squeaked curiously from between its fingers.
"Sorry" Harry said "I just thought you were someone I knew"

As Harry conversed with the elf, turned to Bill and Charlie.
"I heard the Veelas are coming on - you boys think you can handle it?" I asked playfully.
"Psh - Yeah - never been enchanted by one before" Charlie replied boastfully.
"Oh really" Bill scoffed "so when you all came to Egypt and I introduced you to my friend Amélie you didn't start acting like a crazy person"
"No way! Amélie? She's only half Veela! Charlie you weak weak man" I laughed
"Oh like you can talk. I bet you'll be just as bad as us when they come on" said Charlie defensively.
"They don't effect women"
"Yeah, they don't effect straight women"
"What are you implying Bill?"
"Oh come on you can't say that your not a little gay. Everyone thought you were dating Beth at one point"
"Oh Beth, shes gay enough for 2 people. But yeah I see your point"
"Bet" Bill said with a grin "that you won't be effected at all by the Veelas"
"You're on" I said, shaking his hand determinedly, a smirk on my face.

The box gradually filled with important people, and Percy was jumping up so frequently that he looked like a jack-in-the-box.
When Cornelius Fudge arrived, Percy bowed so low that his glasses fell off and broke.
"Oh Weatherby" George snickered.

Suddenly a hush fell over the Weasley family as the Malfoys entered the booth.
"- you know Arthur Weasley I presume?" Fudge said.
Mr Malfoy and Mr Weasley stared tensely at eachother, eyes narrowed.
"Good Lord Arthur," the man said softly "What did you have to sell to get seats up in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched you this much?"
Carefully making sure the Minister wasn't listening, I lifted my head up and made direct eye contact with Lucius.
"Actually, if you took your head out of your arse every now and then, you'd realise that the Weasley's are a good family. Good people get what they deserve - you should remember that. Money doesn't mean anything if it comes from a rotten home" I said with a sarcastic smile.
The Bulgarian minister let out a low chuckle, nodding in my direction, making Lucius' ears slightly tint red in rage. Mr Weasley sent me a warning look, but even he couldn't completely hide a smile.

Before Draco's dad could say anything further, Fudge turned back around.
"Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries - he's here as my guest"
"How - how nice" Arthur replied with a strained smile.
The Malfoys moved down the box, before sitting down. Malfoy sent a sly look to Hermione before sitting down.

"I could kiss you right now" Fred nudged my side with a grin
"Maybe later" I winked.
"That was amazing" Charlie chuckled
"Look at him - he's fuming" Bill wheezed, slapping his leg.
"Bloody brilliant" Ron beamed, with Harry agreeing.
"You can't talk to him like that!" Percy stressed "he's high up in the ministry - he's a powerful man"
"Oh lay off Weatherby" George replied "stop being such a prude for once in your miserable life"
Mr Weasley said nothing, and I'm guessing it was because he couldn't bring himself to tell me off for being right.

I settled back in my seat with a large smile on my face, which only widened as Ludo strode in to the box.
"Everyone ready?" He said, his round face gleaming in excitement "Minister - ready to go?"
"Ready when you are Ludo" Fudge said comfortably.
Ludo whipped out his wand, directed it at his throat and cast the sonorous charm.