Chapter Fifty Seven

Christmas Day seemed to arrive out of nowhere.
I slipped out of my dorm and made my way to the common room, presents in hand, eager to see what everyone got.
"Morning sleepyhead" George shouted, waving from by the fireplace, "Weve been waiting for ages!"
Lee groaned and shushed him, curling up even tighter on the sofa.
"Yeah I can see you've definitely been awake for longer than five minutes" I teased, plopping down next to Fred.
"Merry Christmas, love" he smiled, pressing a kiss to my hairline.
"Merry Christmas to you too"
"'S too early for couple shit" Lee whined, slipping off of the sofa and on to the floor, "present time instead now"
"A man of many words" George sighed, hand on his heart, "but really I want to see what I got"
Without waiting any longer, George began to tear into his presents, Lee following along suit.
"Well I guess we're doing this then" Fred laughed, turning to his pile of presents.
I first reached for my package from Molly, pulling on the jumper immediately and setting the homemade fudge aside for later.
"Oi! Everyone put your jumpers on"
The three groaned, but put them on all the same.
"You all look dashing" I smiled, winking at Fred.
Once we had all finished (George impatiently waiting for us as he opened it all way too quickly) I brought out my final present, a smirk on my face.
"This is a present for all of you"
"Ooooh! Me me me!" George exclaimed, grabbing the package from my hand and tearing the paper off.
"Is that-"
"You didn't-"
"Paper. It's paper" George frowned, eyes widening as he took a second to think, "Oh my wands you did it!"
I laughed as Fred pulled me into a tight hug, kissing me passionately, "you bloody genius! When did you finish it?"
"A few days ago" I laughed, ignoring the blush that had crept onto my face at the sound of Lee and George complaining about our PDA, "I thought it would be a nice surprise"
"If you're done being disgusting" Lee said, "Let's take this to the dorm and test it out"
George grinned, tripping over his presents and scrambling up the boys' staircase, "Race you!"
Fred dashed after him, leaving Lee and I to sit in bewildered silence for a moment.
"Are you sure you didn't give him any sugar before breakfast?"
"I definitely didn't" Lee grumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly, "it's a wonder we love those two, Huh"
"A public service really"
I stood up, helping Lee up from the floor, "It's alright to leave our stuff here right?"
"Yeah, jinx it if you really want"
I laughed at the suggestion, placing biting jinxes over everything before following the twins up the stairs.

"I won!" George cheered as we walked in.
"Hardly! You pushed me into the wall!" Fred complained, shoving his brother off the bed.
"Someone's a sore loser"
"Shove off George, just open the map"
Laughing at their antics, I sat next to Fred on the bed as Lee heaved George up, "Who wants to do the honours?"
"Oooh I'll do the wrong one first" Lee grinned, wand pointed at the parchment, "Reveal yourself"
I watched with baited breath as the parchment began to colour, words swirling across the front.
'We would like to commend Lee Jordan on forgetting the password to his own map'
'Absolute tosser'
'Sure you're not going senile yet, mate?'
"It works!" Lee screeched, shaking George's shoulders aggressively, "Merlin's beard we're geniuses!"
'Emily would like to remind you that she, in fact, is the genius here'
"It has your sass" George said, tearing up proudly, "it's your child -" he cut himself off with a gasp, "my first niece!"
Fred chuckled, pulling me against him so that chin rested on my head, "first?"
"Well yeah you two are obviously going to have more than just this map"
"Oh my god, shut up Georgie and just open the damn thing"
"Fine! Fine! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
The map swirled once more, revealing the map of hogwarts and everyone in it.
We cheered loudly, lurching forwards into a group hug.
"We didn't waste a year!" Lee hollered, ecstatic.
"Pranks are about to come back full force" Fred smirked dangerously, "no one's ready"

After breakfast, the boys went for another snowball fight, this time dragging Harry and Ron with them too.
"You guys have fun and finish up, we're going to get ready at Beth's"
"We have three hours left!"
"And?"
"Oi! Hermione, who are you going with?!"
I watched proudly as she ignored Ron, walking into the castle without a second glance.
Hermione and I made our way over to the Hufflepuff common room with our dresses, anxiously excited about the ball. Seeing a Seventh Year about to go in, I called out to her, "Excuse me? Could you ask Beth Abbott to come out?"
"Oh for sure. Just wait here"
"Thank you"
A few moments later, the portrait opened again, Beth waving us in with a smile.
"Ebony's getting ready with her dorm mates, what about Ginny?"
"Same with her"
"Cool, just come up. I'll introduce you to everyone" Beth opened the door to her dorm with a smile, "This is Molly, Sarah and Ashmita. Everyone this is Emily and Hermione"
We all exchanged friendly waves before setting our stuff on Beth's bed, looking at the products already laid on the sheets.
"So I was thinking we could de-frizz your hair a bit" Beth said, gesturing to Hermione, "and possibly do it in a little up-do?"
"You'd do that for me?"
"Of course"
"Yes! I'd like that a lot. Thank you"

A long three hours later and I was ready to never see an eyeshadow pallet again.
"We look good though, admit it" Beth grinned, stood beside me in the mirror, "Theyre not going to know how to handle us"
"Ready?"
"Ready"
"Ready"
Walking to the Great Hall was nervewracking, every inch of me just wanting to find Fred.
Ebony found us first, gasping at the sight of Beth, "you look gorgeous!"
"Me? Look at you! Godric's Beard you look beautiful!"
Watching the two gush over each other, I rolled my eyes fondly, holding on to Hermione's arm so as not to lose her in the crowds as we continued forwards.
Spotting Krum by the staircase, I pointed him out to Hermione, pushing her in his direction slightly when she faltered.
"You've got this, really"
I watched as she made her way over to Krum, the boy's eyes widening in awe at the sight of her.
Happy that she was alright, I set about finding Fred, eventually seeing the tops of the twins' heads by the east corridor.
"Sorry I'm late!" I called, stumbling forwards.
"Emily? You look - wow"