Chapter Fourty Seven

"I can't keep doing this" Lee grumbled, lying cheek-down on the table, " 'm too tired"
I huffed a laugh, patting him lightly on the back in solidarity.
"We're all in the same boat" George pointed out, "I don't think I even remember how to spell my own name"

It had been another long night working on the map. We had, after only 4 sessions, managed to put the protection charms on the parchment to prevent unwanted users from accessing it. Last night was the beginning of trying to actually plot the map - and surprisingly plotting a map of an unplottable place was extremely difficult.
"Is it even worth it" Fred moaned, sipping his pumpkin juice, "we could just steal the original one back"
"Hey! I didn't spend all last year and my summer working this out for you all to back out now!"
Fred just pouted at me, Lee and George letting out another groan.
"Just - not another late night 'til after the first task" Lee bartered, "I wanna be able to concentrate"
"So Tuesday?"
"It's that soon!?"
I just laughed, shaking my head at them. My eyes wandered around the great hall, spotting Beth seemingly hyping Cedric up, behind her Conor and Ebony having an argument. Miles looked like he was having a great time further down the table, flirting with the Beaubaton students, a wide grin on his face.
Eventually my gaze fell back on the Gryffindor table, to Harry and Hermione who were speaking in low tones, my stomach twisting uncomfortably. He didn't deserve this.

By the time Tuesday arrived a sense of dread had settled into my stomach.
"He's gonna be fine" Fred murmured, pressing a kiss to my hairline, "They won't let anything hurt him"
"You're gonna have to hold my hand" I insisted, hearing Fred huff out a laugh.
"I promise to hold your hand"
"And you George?"
"Sure" he laughed, "but only if Lee holds my other one"
Lee placed his hand on his chest, looking affronted, "of course I will! How could you think I'd do anything different!"
As we entered the hall, my eyes snapped to Harry and I quickly hurried over to talk to him.
"You remember everything?" I asked, planting myself in the seat next to him.
He nodded nervously, prodding at his food with his fork, "accio to summon and Augumenti for water"
I nodded, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "You've got this HP"
"You'll be fine" Hermione piped in, voice betraying her nervousness.
"Make sure to eat" I added, pointing to his full plate, "you need energy"
Harry gave me a halfhearted smile, still poking at it half-heartedly.

With a small sigh, I quickly made my way over to the hufflepuff table.
"Good luck today Ced" I smiled, "you're gonna do great"
"Thanks Emily!" He grinned, turning back to his friends. Beth gave me a smile which I returned, before going back over to the twins.

"Done the rounds?" Lee asked sarcastically, pushing a full plate in front of me

"Done the rounds?" Lee asked sarcastically, pushing a full plate in front of me. I stuck my tongue out at him, tucking into the pancakes with vigour.
George kicked my foot, nodding towards Harry who was being led out of the hall by McGonagall.
"I don't think I've ever been this nervous for someone else in my whole life" I groaned, staring mournfully at my plate, the food no longer looking appetising.
"We're all nervous" Fred said, placing a comforting hand on my thigh, "but you know no one would let anything bad happen to Harry"
"Or Cedric" I added.
George shrugged noncommittally, "Sure"