Top 10 best moments in THE LOST SON

Start from the beginning

Mr. Adams was about to announce the King of the ball when suddenly the music stopped. The murmurs of the crowd melted one by one and all eyes turned to the entrance. A late and uninvited guest made his appearance. Ben. He didn't wear festive clothes, but his ordinary clean and tidy clothes.

He made his way through the crowd, went up the stage, and stopped in front of Celia. He offered her his hand with his palm up, looking into her eyes without worrying about the whispers and the mumbling around him. Celia's eyes turned wide. Then, she laughed, trying to bring her arrogant smile to her lips. But Ben kept on looking at her, his hand still waiting. Ferry and everyone else watched as Celia's arrogant smile vanished and two small tears sparkled in her eyes. She slowly gave Ben her hand which he held tight, and hand in hand, they set off for the exit. Everyone made a corridor in front of them, making room for them to pass. But they didn't see anyone else anyway because they only had eyes for one another. And as they made their way out, Ferry knew their hearts belonged to one another forever.

 And as they made their way out, Ferry knew their hearts belonged to one another forever

8. Thyme comes back (from the chapter Endings. Beginnings)

Of all Ferry's Guardians, Thyme is the less social, less friendly one. Part man, part raven, and focused on his tasks and his mission, Thyme is the quietest, most introverted of Ferry's fairy-friends. And yet, fans (and especially the girls) seem to feel a strange attraction to this character, something that always surprised me because I never wrote him as an irresistible, attractive one. 

Fun fact: Thyme is an Amalgham (as all Ferry's Guardians). Their names were inspired by the song Scarborough Fair, one of my all-time favorite.

They were ready to leave the Round Meadow when the door between the worlds shivered again and flashes of light shone on the other side. Someone was trying to get through. They all stood still, almost forgetting to breathe. Sage and Parsley exchanged a strained look, placing themselves in front of everyone. The light coming from the other side was covered by huge wings. And a winged creature passed into the world of humans, making a small storm with the beating of his black wings. Thyme. Behind him, the door between the worlds closed, turning back into stone.

At first, Ferry thought he was dreaming. He stepped closer to the winged creature that fluttered his wings and looked at him with eyes as black as the winter sky. How long was it been since he last saw Thyme? It felt like an eternity. How much suffering, how much pain had accumulated in his absence? How many souls had perished while he was gone? How many dreams had been broken? And all the torment he had gone through all this time came back, more overwhelming than ever, pressing on his chest and taking his breath away. Ferry fell to his knees and began to sob.

Thyme headed towards him with big steps and helped him to his feet. He looked at the tears in his eyes. Ferry rested his head on his shoulder and wept. He wept again when he thought there were no more tears left to cry. He then felt Thyme's strong arms around him, holding him tight like never before.