[15.]Sunset Bliss

A/N: The first is the song inspo for this chapter, you might know it pretty well. And the picture is the sunset yesterday! It was so damn pretty I swear, and it just also set the vibe for this chapter so like, just thought I'd share it~ (also, Backyard Boy by Claire Rosinkranz and Tongue Tied by Grouplove both had the same vibe for this chapter, so listening to either of those are okay lmao) Enjoy!

TW: N/A

Darryl's eyes fluttered open, and he looked over to see Zak still asleep in the chair across from him. He sniffed, and realized tears were still running down his face. He wiped them, adjusting his glasses that he hadn't taken off.

If only that were real... He cried silently, saddened that his blissful night with his best friend, his  crush, was all fake. He remembered what that Zak had said, that it was likely that the real Zak had feelings for him as well. He cocked his head at the sleeping boy, wondering if that was true. He shook his head sadly.

Why would he? That was all fake. He sat up on the couch and peered over at the clock on the oven. It read 1:58 PM. It was about the time in the dreamscape when they woke up. Zak from the chair stirred, groaning slightly. Darryl chuckled. His brown eyes fluttered open sleepily, and he smiled as he saw Darryl. Darryl smiled back, closing his eyes.

"Good morning, sleepy head, have a nice nap?" Darryl asked. Zak laughed and stretched.

"Yeah, it was good. Much needed, haha." Zak sat up, his hair a mess. Darryl giggled. "So what do you wanna do today?" He asked. Zak shrugged.

"Hm.. I heard there's a really nice beach spot, wanna hang out there?" Darryl's eyes brightened. This was even better than a bike ride!

"Sure! Sounds fun." Darryl stood up, and Zak did the same.

"I think I have some towels or something, I don't really want to go swimming, either. Just like, hang out, you know?" Zak said. Darryl nodded, "That's okay with me." Zak smiled and ran up into the top floor, and Darryl heard the sound of a door opening, then closing shortly afterwords, and Zak came down with two beach towels.

"What time do you want to go?" Darryl asked, grabbing a towel from Zak's outstretched hand. 

"I don't care. We could go right now if you want, even," Zak answered. Darryl nodded excitedly. Zak laughed. The two walked to the door holding their towels and opened it, stepping outside. They stepped onto the sidewalk and Zak started walking a direction, and Darryl followed. As they walked they conversed about random things; school, family life, songs, etc. They laughed and laughed, and by the time they were at the beach the sun was nearly setting. It was empty, the beach, and Zak smiled at Darryl as he spread his towel out onto the soft sand. Darryl grinned and flopped down on his towel.

"Hey!" Zak laughed, and pulled his towel out from under his friend. Darryl rolled off of it, giggling with glee, and set his own towel next to Zak's. They sat down, chatting and laughing more. Zak giggled mischievously and ran to the water, taking off his shoes and socks and running into the cold water up to his calves. He shouted about how freezing it was and Darryl laughed at him. Zak scooped up some water and splashed it as best he could towards Darryl.

Darryl gasped as the cold sea water hit his knees, laughing immediately afterwards.

"I thought you said you didn't want to get wet!" Darryl shouted at him, grinning as wide as he could. Zak smiled.

"I can make an exception," He said. Zak ran back out of the water and flopped down onto his towel.  Darryl hesitantly scooted closer to the bright eyed boy, their knees barely touching. They looked at each other and blushed, Zak quickly looking away. Darryl smiled faintly. He lied down on his towel, resting his head on his arms behind his head. Zak gasped, and Darryl quickly sat up and looked at him with worry. But Zak's eyes were in the sky.

"Look," he breathed, and Darryl followed his eyes to the sun setting. He couldn't help but let out a gasp as well; it was the most beautiful sunset he had ever seen. Several fluffy clouds surrounded and partially covered the sun, making the clouds appear several different shades of pinks and purples. The sky was a light lavender, becoming more and more pink closer to the sun. Light seeped through some of the clouds that appeared to be on top, casting light and making it able to see the actual rays of light coming through. (The sunset in my picture!)

Zak sighed, and Darryl looked over at him. Darryl smiled and returned his gaze to the sky. He closed his eyes and opened them in surprise when he felt warmth on his right hand. He looked down at his hand, and saw Zak's resting on top of it. He blushed, but closed his eyes again. He wanted to stay in this moment forever. He slowly and gently took Zak's hand in his, the heat traveling through his hand and up to his wrist.

I want to stay like this forever.

Absolute bliss.

[880 words]

:0 oH My gOsh itS a FLufF chApTer??2?22? sAppHiRe nEveR mAKeS flUFf cHApTerS??2?2 I thOUgHT hE wAs HEaRtlesS??2 :0000

Yay it's the fluff you've maybe or maybe not wanted idk lol. As i was finishing the chapter the song ended so like perfect timing yay (btw i didn't finish this over the course of the entire song it was repeated like 15 times xD inSpirATIOn imiright)