[11.]Accusations

Zak POV:

Zak paced nervously around Darryl's room, glancing over occasionally at him unconscious in his bed. When the emergency help had arrived, they looked at his head, and it turns out it wasn't that serious after all. The blood had been a bad nosebleed, not a head injury. They simply put an ice pack around his head and secured it with some bandages, then set him in his bed for rest.

Darryl groaned in his sleep and Zak looked over at him like a worried mother. His eyes started flickering open, and Zak held his breath. Darryl shifted, groaned again and suddenly his eyes opened with a gasp. Zak ran up to his friend, grabbing the edge of his bed and looking at him with concern in his face.

Darryl sat up. "It's Dave," he said, blinking rapidly. Zak stepped back, confused.

"Dave? What about him?" Zak asked questioningly. Darryl tried to sit up, failing and falling back onto his back with a grunt.

"Woah, woah, woah! Careful, you just got whacked over the head and knocked unconscious, take it easy!" Zak rushed over, placing his hands on Darryl's shoulders, keeping him down. "Easy, now." Zak carefully helped him sit up, his head resting on the uncomfortable head-board off his bed.

Darryl sighed, and explained everything he could to Zak. He didn't leave out any details, explaining even the slightest murmur he could hear the man, Spifey, apparently, saying.

"But I know for sure the name started with a D. And who keeps conveniently causing accidents that trigger me! Dave obviously works for the Spifey guy-"

"Woah okay, slow down." Zak interrupted. "We don't know for sure that Dave is... evil... Even if evidence does point towards... okay fine," he shrugged. "I guess... But what do we do now? Now that we know, what does that do for us? How do we stop them?" Darryl opened his mouth, then closed it. An "oh," escaped his lips before sniffing. Zak rested his hand on Darryl's shoulder.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm sure you could just avoid him and- Oh!" Zak clapped his hands together, making Darryl flinch slightly. Zak pulled out his phone.

"Technically, we have more evidence- or, I guess, 'dirt' on Dave to get him suspended/expelled! You know, what Clay wanted," Zak unlocked his phone and went to the group chat while Darryl pondered for a moment.

"What would that be labeled as?" Darryl asked.

"Huh?"

"I mean... What would you call that for the expelled reason? Evil-ness?" Darryl and Zak laughed a little. It felt good to laugh, it felt like a whole cloud of tension was lifted when they laughed.

Zak shrugged. "Eh, I guess that'll be up to Clay," He sat down on Darryl's bed and Darryl shifted himself so he sat upright, next to Zak.

"So what should I say?" Darryl shrugged.

"You could call 'em, I guess," he suggested. Zak nodded and quickly typed out a message and sent it, a few moments later receiving a ping from Darryl's phone telling him he got a message. A couple minutes went by until Zak's phone started to ring. He answered and put the phone on speaker, setting it on the bed between the friends.

"Hey," A static filled voice called out from the phone. "You called?" Clay asked.

"Yeah, we... I guess have some evidence for the... plan...?" Zak looked at Darryl with an expression of uncertainty. Darryl shrugged again. A pause, then another answer from the phone.

"Okay, what would that be?" Darryl then went on to explain in the shortest way possible what the Spifey guy had relayed to him. Zak and Darryl heard a loud, crackling from the phone, along with a "yes!" before cutting out.

"Uhm... Clay?" Darryl asked. Clay's voice came out a moment later.

"Hi sorry," he said, "I dropped my phone," He laughed, and Zak and Darryl couldn't help laughing as well. It was too damn funny, Clay's laugh.

"Anyways, what me and Darryl were wondering," Zak said after the laughing had subsided, "is... what exactly do we say to the principal to, y'know, get him expelled?" He paused, and corrected his mistake, "Dave, I mean, not the principal, expelled." he lightly laughed.

"You just leave that to me," Clay responded. "Don't worry, it'll work out." He hung up with a satisfying click.

"Well, that's that, I guess," Darryl leaned back on his bed, his head resting against the wall behind him.

"Yeah, I guess," Zak replied. Although he knew Dave was a bad person, it still felt... wrong, in a way, and he just couldn't shake the feeling.

[751 words]

Reet I'm in the car and hopefully I can go back to uploading every other day now ;-;

Comments and voting is appreciated! Feedback is welcome as well! Thank you for 206 reads and 13 votes as well, seriously, I never even expected this to get read twice :)