Uh oh... feelings

Začít od začátku

"Sure. But it doesn't matter, the only person responsible for this is Billie." Lauren reassured Camila, her fingers having unknowingly linked with Camila's.

Camila on the other hand was painfully aware of what Lauren was doing; her heart was hammering at her ribcage and she was suddenly realising that Ally may have been right all along.

"Billie Eilish?" Camila asked, trying to ignore the crack in her voice.

"Yeah, she doesn't like me encroaching on her business in here." Lauren grumbled, shaking her head. "I'm kinda embarrassed at being beaten up by a teenager."

Camila smiled at that.

"You should be."

"Not my fault she's got a never ending supply of shivs apparently." Lauren pouted but quickly realised that was the wrong thing to say as Camila's grip got tighter.

"I'm only gonna ask this once Lauren." Camila said slowly. "Have you been stabbed?"

Lauren paused and shifted in her chair, she tried to extricate her hands but Camila's grip tightened again.

"Um... maybe?"

"I will break your fingers."

"Fine! Yes, I've been stabbed once!" Lauren yelped before seeing Camila's narrowed eyes. "Twice... a handful of times." She sighed. "No more than ten."

"Fucking christ. Why is the first I'm even seeing this? I visit every damn day." Camila snapped.

"I usually have time to clean up." Lauren shrugged. "And Ash let's me borrow some of her makeup when I need it."

"I'm getting the warden involved." Camila said bluntly. Lauren yanked their hands and Camila was pulled further over the table.

"You are not. If I get labelled a snitch things will get a thousand times worse." Lauren muttered. Camila opened her mouth to retort but Lauren shot her look and she closed her mouth.

For once she'd let Lauren be right.

----

"God she drives me up the fucking wall!" Camila announced as she entered the office. Ally raised an eyebrow and turned in her chair, making Camila wince when she saw the phone pressed against her ear.

Camila busied herself and poured a coffee out before sitting at her desk with a groan.

There was a clatter as Ally hung up and a squeak of shoes as she wandered over to stand in front of Camila's desk.

"Why are you surprised about this? She's been doing that since you guys met."

"No but this, oh this is different. Some bitch has been beating her up for the past four months." Camila growled. "Four months!"

"Uh-" Ally frowned at Camila's sudden passionate anger as she typed angrily on her computer.

"And she's been hiding it from me! The audacity of this bitch! I cannot believe her." Camila slammed the enter key and fumed as it loaded.

Ally was slightly shell shocked in front of her. She hadn't seen Camila this angry since she'd first met Lauren. But now she was angry for her, not about her? This was a turn of events that Ally didn't see coming.

As much as she teased Camila she didn't actually expect her to catch feelings for the criminal.

The main door creaked open as Camila angrily read Billie Eilish's police file (Rosa had been kind enough to commit a minor crime by letting the agency use the database).