chapter nine: An unexpected aliy

A/n: I just wanted to imply that those are your Headphones.
__________________________
_______________

Ciel's pov.

Flashback••••

As Sebastien was serving me the usual afternoon snacks. I thought it would be just the right time to ask how the new maid is going.

" So. How's the new maid holding up. I haven't heard any explosions or fine China breaking. " I said a bit smugly.

And as always the Butler himself had the usual smug face that for some reason has not really changed to this day.

"She's doing fine. She's actually really cooperative. And does her work on time. " he answered.

"Oh. Good to know. Have you found anything about her background?" I asked since I remember asking him to find out who her family was.

" On the contrary I didn't find anything. No document linking her to anybody. Not even a usual document that tells us her real name. " he said rather questioningly.

I raised an eyebrow at this. Was it possible that she was a spy and she knew how to act well. But then again. I offered her the job (a/n: *cough cough*forcefully.) but she could have just been pretending. But I have to think carefully.

" Did you try asking her about herself?" I asked curiously.

" On the contrary. Yes. She didn't seem to mind answering my questions. Besides her somehow super natural martial arts skills. But there was one that didn't quite make sense? " he said quizzingly.

" And what was it?" I said raising an eyebrow at what he just said.

" When I asked her about her loved ones and getting home to at least inform them of her whereabouts. I was thinking that hopefully she would take my advice and lead me to her family location. "

"But?"

" She said she doesn't know how. I thought it was the usual human trafficking but that was not the case. When I asked she said that she doesn't know how she got here."

"That doesn't make sense?" I said sounding a little baffled.

" That's what I thought. But I had a feeling she was hiding something else. She was about to tell me something important but it's as if something was stopping her. By the time I tried asking her she found a way to change the subject. "

I narrowed my gaze and thought very carefully about my next move. For some reason she felt like a dangerous pawn to my game. I have a feeling I shouldn't trust her. But than again keep your Enemies close and your friends even closer. I than looked up and decided to test my theory a little.

" That will be all. " I said alerting him to leave. He took a slight bow and was about to leave but informed him first. " Before you go. Inform (y/n) that I'd like to speak with her as soon as possible. "

" Yes my lord. " he said leaving the study.

Flashback over•••••

Which brings me to now. As I observe her. I notice her outlook is... How do I put it. Reckless questionable and rather rude. If I may so myself. She's not an open book. She hides secrets behind her gaze.

" It's come to my attention that I know absolutely nothing about you. And so far I've only found out a little about yourself. "

She seemed to raise an eyebrow at my question.