"Alright," Poseidon said, breaking the group hug apart. "I'm going to go see what kind of pizza everyone wants." He went to the back knocking on Tyson's and Triton's door. 

"I know you're probably going to blow this off, but please don't hesitate to come to me." Amphitrite gently rubbed my back before heading to the kitchen. I wiped my face and went to my room. I closed my door before sitting on my bed. I kept my light off, taking comfort in the silence. Sunlight filtered through my window. I looked at my phone, not seeing a text from Leo. 

I debated calling him, before deciding it would only bother him. I closed my phone, pulling my knees to my chest. I wrapped my arms around me legs as I placed my chin on top. My thoughts were scattered. I couldn't seem to understand their reaction. I couldn't help but think that Poseidon lied. It didn't seem right that he wasn't mad. 

Everything I did made Gabe mad. Whenever he was mad, he was violent. I knew it was a matter of time before I did something that caused Poseidon to snap. I don't know how long I sat there before Amphitrite opened the door. 

"Hey, food is here," she said. 

"I'm not hungry," I said. She walked over to me, sitting on my bed. I closed my eyes from habit. 

"What's wrong?" she asked. I shrugged, knowing if I told her what I was thinking, she would either find what I said stupid or get upset at me. She nodded and left the room, my door slightly ajar. I sighed, not wanting to get up and close the door. 

It took a couple minutes before she came back, carrying a plate. She placed it in front of me. 

"In case you get hungry later. I don't want you to go hungry," she said. I glanced at her, confused. She gave me a small smile before leaving the room, closing the door behind her. I felt bad for how I was acting. She was acting so kind, while I was pouting in my room. I heard my phone go off, but I ignored it, not in the mood to talk to anyone. After hearing my phone go off a few more times, I silenced it. 

Leo's POV:

I texted Percy, waiting for an answer. I eventually got worried. He generally wasn't one to leave a text unanswered. Mom and I had been talking since I got home from school. She spent the entire time both congratulating me for getting Ethan and Chris caught, and explaining why violence is not a solution to anything. 

I walking into the living room, letting my mom know I was worried about my boyfriend. She offered to drive me to his house, and of course, I accepted. I called him when we were about halfway there. No answer. I sighed. The ride was spent in silence.

Reaching his house, I thanked my mom and walked up the path. When I knocked, Poseidon answered. 

"Is Percy here?" I asked. 

"Yeah, he's in his room," he responded, opening the door to allow me in. I walked into the hallways, knocking on his bedroom door, not getting an answer. I waited before knocking again. I then decided to open the door. The room was dark, except for the light coming in from the hallway. I saw Percy sitting on his bed, as if lost in thought.

I flicked on the light and closed the door behind me. I walked over to the bed, moving a plate of pizza to the side. Percy didn't look up from the spot he was staring at. 

"Hey," I said. Percy's only reaction was a slow blink. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me. 

"I'm sorry," he said. 

"What?" He hadn't interacted since school, so I didn't have the slightest clue what he could be apologizing for.

"You look upset," he said. I shook my head. 

"I was just worried about you," I said. "You didn't respond so I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm okay," he said, not doing anything to try and convince me. 

"What happened?" I asked. He shook his head softly.

"I don't understand what's wrong with me," he said. "Lately, I have been pathetic. I cry over everything. Amphitrite is being so caring, and I can't seem to stop pouting. And I'm upset because Poseidon wasn't mad at me. I don't get it."

Percy was blinking rapidly, clearly trying to get rid of tears. His grip on his arms tightened. I rubbed one of his arms.

"Nothing is wrong with you. You're just confused," I said. I could tell he wasn't telling me everything. I stood up, placing the plate where I wouldn't bump it and crawled next to him. I wrapped my arms around him.  He leaned into me, sniffling slightly. 

"I'm sorry," he apologized again. He was going to speak again, before stopping himself.

"Why?" I asked.

"Throughout our entire friendship, it seems all I'm good for is dumping my feelings on you. It doesn't feel right," he said. I kissed his cheek. 

"You know that's not how I feel, right?" He looked at me. I smiled, him following suit. He laid back down against me.

"I love you," he whispered. I had a feeling I wasn't supposed to hear it. 

"I love you too," I responded. Percy blushed and buried his face into my chest. I chuckled. I kissed the top of his head. It was only about 10 minutes later when I noticed Percy sleeping. I wasn't really surprised. The last few days were really stressful. I managed to get out of bed without waking him up.

I placed a pillow under Percy's head. I grabbed the pizza and left the room. I put the plate in fridge. Moving into the living room, I sat in a chair. Percy's parents were sitting on the couch watching tv, with Tyson between them. He held the popcorn bowl in his lap. 

"Everything okay?" Poseidon asked. I nodded. The TV program finished, and Tyson was sent to bed. He complained that Percy and Triton's bedtime wasn't 8:30. I chuckled, not getting involved. Poseidon was getting him settled, while Amphitrite stayed in the living room.

"Anything you need to tell us?" She looked at me, and it was easy to tell how much she cared about Percy. The way she spoke wasn't in a condescending way, like most parents. Instead, she was worried and wanted to make sure he was okay.

"I think you should talk to Percy about seeing a therapist," I said, worried he was going to be mad I was talking to his parents behind his back. 

"I agree. I just don't know how to bring it up to him," she said. She looked down. "I mean, it's not really my place. I'm not his mother, and I don't want to try to take her place."

"Right now he needs a mom more than a dad. Because of Gabe, I don't know. I'm not trying to put words in his mouth. From what he's told me," I sighed trying to figure out what to say. "I feel like Percy is scared of Poseidon right now. He spent most of his life with a highly abusive father figure. You may not be his biological mom, but that doesn't take away from how much he actually needs you. You don't need to worry about taking Sally's place. She will always have a special place in his heart. 

"You shouldn't really think of yourself as as 'step-mother' and more like a second mother. Though he will still be apprehensive, again, because of his childhood." I finished speaking and looked at Amphitrite. She wiped tears from her face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"No it's okay," she said. "Thank you."

I was confused. 

"I needed to hear that. Thank you for explaining that to me." I nodded. She stood up and gave me a hug, which I gladly returned. 

I have no idea how long it's been since I updated... oops. Oh well... 

I am tired, lol. (Don't tell me to take a break, because I did lol.) Taking a break helped a little but I missed writing lol. Anyways... have a good night xD Love you all <3