Chapter 42

Percy POV:

Leo and I went downstairs for breakfast. I noticed Ms. Valdez watching TV in the living room. Leo greeted her, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. She informed him that she had to leave for work in a half an hour. Leo met me in the kitchen. 

"What do you want to eat?" Leo asked. I shrugged, not to hungry. He pulled a box from the cabinet. "How about some cereal." 

Before I answered, he pulled two bowls from the cupboard. He poured the cereal and milk setting a bowl in front of me. 

"What was the homework in English?" I asked, suddenly remembering I haven't done any homework this weekend. 

"English assigns homework?" Leo asked. I snorted. 

"He always assigns homework." Leo gave a laugh. 

"Oops," he said, shrugging. I laughed. We ate in silence. Right after we finished, Ms. Valdez walked into the kitchen. 

"I'm headed to work," she said, planting a kiss on the top of Leo's head. "See you later Percy." 

I waved goodbye to her as I placed my bowl into the dishwasher. Leo and I moved into the living room, turning on the TV. 

"What do you want to watch?" I asked, reaching for the TV remote. 

"Oh, uh-uh!" Leo said. "You got to choose what we watched last night!"

I laughed. "Come and get it, then." 

Leo lunged at me. I moved off of the couch, causing Leo to face plant into a cushion. I laughed and turned to run. Leo chased me around the house, yelling childish insults at me. I made it back to the living room in one piece. 

"Why the hell do you run so fast?" Leo asked, stopping in the door way.

"Practice," I said smugly, plopping down in victory. Leo sat next to me, crossing his arms and pouting. I turned on the TV and started scrolling through the channels. I noticed him perk up in when I passed a channel playing  one of the Bourne movies. I smirked and changed the channel, still scrolling.

"Oh come on," Leo complained. I laughed.

"You wanted to watch that?" I asked. 

"They are good movies," he protested. 

"I'll think about it," I said. 

"I'll think about it," Leo mocked back. I laughed. 

"Great job convincing me." I continued looking through the channels. He pouted next to me. I laughed and turned it back onto the Bourne movie. I watched Leo smile slightly in the corner of my eye. I leaned back and placed the TV remote on the table. 

"I knew you wouldn't let me down," Leo said. I laughed.

"Just shut up and watch the movie." Earlier this morning, Poseidon and Amphitrite texted, letting me know they would be out of town for the week. It was their anniversary so they were going on a vacation. 

After a few minutes, Leo got up to pop some popcorn. I decided to check my phone, finding many anonymous DMs from kids at school. I opened a couple, not to phased by what they said. They were petty little comments about how I looked. Slightly amused, I swiped them away. Leo came back in with a giant bowl of popcorn.

"Hungry much?" I snorted.

"I was going to share," he said sitting back down. I nodded. I zoned out, not paying attention to the movie. I felt Leo leaning against me. Looking down, I noticed he had fallen asleep. I smiled and moved the popcorn onto the table so it didn't spill. 

I leaned back onto the couch, careful not to wake him up. Without thinking, I wrapped one arm around him and went back to watching the movie. 

Leo's POV:

I don't remember falling asleep, but I woke up to Percy asleep next to me with one arm around me. I blushed slightly, unable to move without waking him up. The TV was now playing an infomercial for a knife. 

I gently pulled my phone out of my pocket, making sure I didn't move around to much. A few days ago, Piper and I were talking. She had managed to force me to admit my crush on Percy. I pulled up our text thread. 

L: Guess what?

P: What up? She responded immediately. I took a picture of me and Percy and sent it to her. 

P: When did you two become a thing?!

L: We aren't. I fell asleep watching a movie and woke up to this.

P: Okay, but can we just talk about how cute he looks. I chuckled slightly and couldn't help but agree with her. He was completely relaxed, which was a rare sight to see.

P: Are you gonna tell him how you feel?

L: Of course not! He would hate me. Honestly, I'm happy we are still friends, even after I almost screwed that up. 

P: Okay, but... you have given plenty of reasons to quit talking to you. He isn't the kind of person to stop being friends with you over that.

L: You don't know that.

P: Fine, suffer. But you don't get to complain to me, or show me any more cute picture of you two snuggling. Percy shifted slightly next to me. I froze, worried I woke him up. 

"Hey," he mumbled. 

"What up," I said. back. He stretched, removing his arm. I found myself feeling a little disappointed. 

"I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to--" Percy gestured slightly to how we were currently laying. I blushed slightly and sat up quickly.

"oh, no! It's totally fine," I said laughing slightly. I scooted over slightly, allowing Percy to sit up full. He yawned and stretched once more. 

Yeah, this chapter is pretty bad. I'm sorry. I know nothing about romance! I have literally only dated on person, and I was pressured into dating him, so I never wanted to do anything romantic. This is going to be terrible lol (send help). Please don't hate on the upcoming cringe.

Also writing about Leo having a crush was terrible. How do y'all even write this? Like, it's so hard! 

Anyways, thanks for reading. I 100% almost forgot to even write this chapter. Just a heads up, school starts September 14th for me. I have no clue how it's going to work, but I'll keep all y'all updated.

Side note, do y'all realize how hard it is to keep word like "y'all" out of my story. That is how I naturally speak. When I write "all of you" just know, I probably had to delete "y'all" or "all y'all". <3