Chapter 5: Percy

I didn't remember falling asleep but i did remember a fist to the gut. "Wake up punk!" Gabe spat. I shot awake when a fist collided with my gut. When my eyes opened, I felt Gabe grab my hair and throw me to the ground. He kicked me in the ribs a few times. After about half an hour, Gabe passed out on my bed. Great. Now my beds gonna smell like stale smoke and beer, I thought.

I picked myself off the floor and made my way to the bathroom. No blood or visible bruises. Yay! I thought sarcastically. My backpack was on the floor by the door. After picking it up and sneaking out, I walked... well... limped to school.

A girl walked up to me while I was walking to my locker. "So. Kid. I am having a party on Saturday. Do you wanna come?" She seemed like the kind of person to have parties often. Maybe I could go.

"Sure. Names Percy. Percy Jackson. Just an F.Y.I." I said. The girl took out a piece of paper and wrote something on it.

"Thalia. Thalia Grace. Here is my address. See you then." She handed me the paper and walked off. Am I really going to a party? Gabe is going to kill me. I thought bitterly. I swiftly walked to first period, but with my luck, I was slammed into the lockers nearby.

"Sorry.....again." A kid in my first period helped me to my feet. "I was rushing and not looking where I was going. Im sorry."

"Its okay." I said. I turned and walked into class. I zoned out when the teacher started talking until the teacher said,

"Okay class. Today we are having a change of plans. We will be working with partners. That I will pick." Everybody groaned. I zoned out till I heard my name. "Percy Jackson and Nico DiAngelo." The kid who bumped into me walked to the empty desk next to me and sat down.

"So. Which god should we work on?" I shrugged. He looked down at a piece of paper. I was doing Hades."

"Okay. We'll work on him then." I said. Nico nodded and handed me the paper. It was almost complete. All he needed was a little info for Poseidon. Like where he lived and such. I told him what I knew and he wrote it down.

Before the bell rung, Nico asked, "What happened to your jaw?" I forgot about the bruise. Crap. (I am trying not to cuss).

"Nothing." I said and he dropped it. The bell rung and I promptly left. The end of the day came. During last period Gabe sent me another text.

Gabe: Come home ASAP

Me: yes sir

When the last period bell rung I went to leave but Nico stopped me. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I have to get home I said." pushing past him. I sped walked, almost ran, home. When I opened the door, a beer bottle was flung at me. I easily dodged angering Gabe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi my puppies!!!

How are you? I have ELA state tests this week! The school didn't want to compress all subjects into one week. UHG! Sorry. Please comment what kind of music you listen to or bands/songs.

Bye my puppies!!!
-Doggielover89