Chapter 57

Percy's POV:

I couldn't believe Leo decked Ethan. I smiled on the way back to class, also shocked he hadn't gotten into trouble. I noticed Leo smiling as well. We walked slowly, not wanting to get to class. 

"Thank you," I said to him. 

"It felt surprisingly good," Leo responded, laughing. I laughed as well.

"Well, don't make a habit of it," I said.

"No promises." I laughed again. I had no idea how I was lucky enough to be with Leo. I had no idea why he was willing to be my friend much less my boyfriend. I knew full well I was an incredibly difficult person, but he still stayed. Just thinking about it, I was smiling. 

Soon we were in our seats in our first period class. Our teacher seemed genuinely surprised to see us. I guess he expected either one or both of us to be suspended. 

"Welcome back, gentlemen," he said. Leo waved. Sadly, the only two open seats were across the room from each other. Leo let me take the seat in the back. I habitually pulled my hood over my head, and laid my head down. 

I wasn't able to fall asleep. I could hear people's snide comments. I knew I told  Leo I would be able to get over it, and I told him I wasn't bothered by what people said. I knew I would eventually be over it, but in all actuality, everything they said hurt. I blinked tears out of my eyes, opting for spacing out. 

The bell rang and I shot out of my seat. We were hit with the famous line 'The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do." I sighed deeply, taking my seat again. He talked for another five minutes, making us late for our next class. 

When he finally let us go, everyone bolted towards the door. I stayed in the back safely, waiting for the stampede to end. Leo managed to get to the back of the room safely.

"Wow, they either really like their next class or really hate this one," he said. I laughed and nodded. Once everyone else was out, Leo and I left the room. I held his hand as we walked to his next class. Leo kissed me and walked into his classroom.

"Don't be to late," he told me. I laughed and shrugged.

"Can't promise that," I said. Leo laughed and went to his seat, ignoring the lecture from his teacher. I walked down the hall, heading to my class. I hiked my hood further over my head, trying to hide my face. I opened the door and everyone's eyes fell on me. 

"What took you so long, Mr. Jackson?" I was asked.

"First period held the class back," I responded.

"Sure," she said. I sighed. "Next time bring a note."

I nodded and walked to my seat. I did the same thing as in last class. I laid my head down on my arms, trying to take a small nap. 

"Hey." I ignored him. He continued to repeat himself.

"What?" I asked, looking up, clearly annoyed. 

"I was just wondering, what up with you and Valdez?" 

"It doesn't matter," I said. I laid my head back down.

"Of course it does. Does he know that you liked f*cking your dad?" I sighed internally and just tried to ignore him. "Are you two f*cking?"

I didn't answer. 

"You are! Man how is he? I don't swing that way, but if he's good enough I might try it."

I knew he was just trying to get my goat, but it worked. I looked up at him. "Shut the hell up."

He laughed. It was one thing to insult me, but going after any one else pissed me off. 

"I knew that would get a reaction. But you still didn't answer my question," he said. 

"It's none of your damn business," I said. 

"Mr. Jackson, do you have something to share with the class?" She stood at the front of the class, looking smug. 

"Actually, yes." I said. "I don't give a shit if you have a problem with me, but leave everyone else out of it." I stood up and stormed out of the room. I walked to the cafeteria deciding I didn't want to deal with anyone else. It only took a couple minutes for someone to sit next to me. Looking over, I saw one of the security officers. 

"So your teacher said you stormed out of class," he said. I rolled my eyes and  turned away, pulling out my phone. I heard him sigh. "I just wanted to see what was wrong."

"Nothing is wrong, clearly everything is a-okay," I said. 

"Yeah right," he said. "Something is wrong. I am here to help." 

I couldn't help but laugh. I lost count of how many times someone told me that. Of course, no one actually wanted to help. The officer sighed again. 

"I get you don't believe me. I'm not going to make you go back to class, but I hope you don't mind me sitting here with you."

"Knock yourself out," I said. I opened up Instagram, opening my friends' stories. I smiled slightly as I noticed Leo sharing memes. I glanced over to see the security officer doing paperwork. I felt kinda bad for shutting him out. 

I went back to looking at my phone. The bell rang signaling lunch. 

"If you ever need to talk, please feel free to find me." The officer handed me an index card with his phone number, email and room number along with his name. I nodded and took the card. He walked away. I threw the card into the main part of my backpack. 

No, I am totally NOT posting in class ~nervous laughter~

How are you all doing. I apologize for not posting yesterday. I'm posting this earlier than usual because I got called into work directly after school. I didn't post yesterday because I was crawdadding. We caught 35, and that was our dinner lol. I didn't eat any because I can only eat specific sea food.

I love you all <3