Chapter 63

Hello there! I did not write this chapter, the amazing monkey5137 did!

Leo's POV:

I hop onto my bike, Percy taking a seat behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist. The two of us slipped out helmets on before I kicked up the stand, simultaneously starting the engine. We take off roaring down the street, and yes, we are obeying the speed limit.

We arrive at school about ten minutes early, causing Percy to grumble out something about me being an idiot and waking him up too early. I huff and kick the stand back down, putting both of our helmets on the handlebars while I slip the keys into my pocket. I smile brightly at Percy before the two of us head through the front doors of He-sorry, err, school.

We walk to our lockers, putting in the supplies we don't need while taking out the supplies for our first couple of classes. Percy walks next to me as we both head to our first class of the day, Math. Our teacher is Mr. Hutchins, an old man with a bald head, pale, wrinkled skin, and a tiny composition.

Walking into Math class, Percy takes a seat in the back of the room with his head down, resting comfortably on his crossed arms. Grinning, I slowly creep up to him, raising my hands. Out of nowhere, he shoots up so that he's standing, snapping his head in my direction.

I am not ashamed to admit that I may or may not have let out a very girlish shriek and fell down onto my ass. Percy smirks at me, showing off his lopsided grin with a smug expression on his face before he bursts out laughing. He bends over, clutching at his sides as his eyes water slightly with forming tears. I pout up at him for a minute before I slowly begin laughing too.

By the time the rest of the class entered the room, Percy had joined me on the ground, and not because I yanked him down with me or anything like that... Hehehe... I hear someone clearing their throat and my head snaps up to see our teacher standing in the front of the room with a disapproving look on his face. Elbowing Percy in the ribs, I smirk sweetly at him, dragging Percy up with me as I stand.

Percy takes his seat, which just so happens to be in the far, back right corner of the classroom, conveniently placed by a window, with me sitting to his left. I frown when his hood gets pulled over his head and he goes right back to resting his head on his arms. Nudging him gently, I begin to scold him, even though I can't really say anything since I often do the same... but whatever.

"Percy, you shouldn't be sleeping in class." Percy looks up and glares at me.

"And? I don't care. Besides," he huffed, "I don't understand this math, not like I can read it very well in the first place, and the teacher hates me for 'Not trying hard enough.' I figure it's best to just ignore the teacher and bullshit my way through my homework. Or look up the answers." I sighed but left him alone and went back to what the teacher was saying, carefully taking notes because Math is one of the only subjects I enjoy. Probably because it is very helpful and a much needed subject when building.

After class ends Percy and I walk back to our lockers to deposit our Math supplies. We chat for about ten minutes before we part ways and I head to my History class.

I enter the classroom and take a seat in the back of the room just as the bell rings. A couple more students trickle in, the teacher following afterwards, shutting the door firmly behind her. Ms. Belle, a young woman with stereotypical blonde hair and blue eyes, walks to the front of the room, leaning back against her desk as she begins roll call. And, unsurprisingly, I'm last to be called. "Here!" She nods in satisfaction and tells us to turn to page 79 in our textbooks.

Opening my book, I rest my chin on my palm and direct my attention downwards to make it look like I actually care about what's being taught. She lectures on and on about some sort of war or something or another while my mind drifts between topics. I started thinking about the teacher's voice, and then I ended up thinking about food, before my mind settled with focusing on Percy. "Stupid ADHD," I grumble to myself as the bell sounds out a shrill ring that always seems to be directed at me.