Chapter 24

Tyson's POV:

Percy and I snuck out in to the living room, being as quiet as possible since everyone else was asleep. As we got to the end of the hall, Percy held a finger up to his lips and motioned towards dad laying on the couch. I smiled and nodded, feeling like we were on a super secret spy mission for breakfast. 

We got to the kitchen without being noticed. Percy smiled at me as he mouthed the word "pancakes". I nodded. Pancakes sounded really good at the moment. Percy moved silently through the kitchen, but somehow managed to do it really quickly. Even as he mixed the ingredients, he could barely be heard, and he was using a metal spoon and bowl.

Percy pulled out the griddle and one more ingredient from the cupboard, but I couldn't see what it was. He quickly put whatever the other thing was into the bowl and put up the bottle. The griddle had heated up as he added and mixed the last ingredient. As he pored the batter on the griddle, I noticed it was blue. I looked at him really confused and Percy just smiled at me in response.

After successfully cooking the pancakes, Percy dished two servings on separate plates and put the rest on a third plate for everyone else. He then grabbed forks, butter and syrup and took everything to the table.

"Enjoy," Percy said quietly, laughing slightly. I dumped a lot of syrup on my pancakes, until Percy stopped me. "Don't drown them." 

"They can't drown," I said, smiling. Down the hall, a door opened and closed, a groggy Triton coming into view. He looked weirdly at the blue pancakes and walked into the living room, grabbing a few silver cans from beside the couch. 

"What are you two eating?" Triton asked in disgust. 

"Pancakes," Percy said plainly. I laughed a bit at Percy's deadpan face. Triton shook his head and walked into the kitchen. He dumped a yellowish liquid from one of the cans. 

"How do they taste?" Percy asked me. I nodded, unable to speak, pancakes nearly falling out of my mouth. Syrup ran down my face as Percy laughed at me.

"You guys'll wake mom," Triton snapped. Percy clamped his mouth shut and looked down at his plate. 

"It's not that early," I said, crossing my arms in mock defiant. I saw Percy smirk slightly. Triton pointed to the clock that read 7:30. I deadpanned, trying to show he only proved my point. 

"It is kinda early," Percy said quietly. He stood from the table, taking his plate to the sink, rinsing it off. Triton moved slightly to the side, allowing Percy to reach the sink. As soon as Percy finished what he was doing, he went down to the room and closed the door, probably changing. 

Triton sat in the seat Percy vacated a minute earlier and I continued to stuff my face with the rest of the pancakes. Triton scowled at the table, angry for some reason. 

Percy POV:

I closed the door to the room, planning on changing as quick as possible. But instead of doing that, I laid on the bed for a few minutes, the lack of sleep I got last night forcing my eyelids to slowly close. My eyes snapped open really quick and I sat up. 

I did end up changing quickly but I stayed in the room. Tyson came in a bit later to change. He was bouncing up and down, causing me to regret allowing him to have sugary breakfast stuff. 

"You've been in here a while," he said. I didn't really know if he wanted a reason why. Tyson turned his head and looked at me expectantly.

"Sorry, I'm just really tired," I said, shrugging.

"Is it because of the nightmare last night?" Tyson asked, worried.

"No," I responded quickly, lying to him. A small relieved smile graced his face, causing me to smile a bit. 

"Dad's up." Tyson said, running out the door towards the sound of banging. I walked to the living room in a more orderly fashion. Tyson was following a very hungover Poseidon. Awkwardly, I moved over to the table and grabbed the syrup and butter, putting them up. Tyson had already cleared his plate, saving me the trouble.

"Will you leave me alone?" Poseidon said sharply. Tyson stopped talking abruptly and walked over to the couch, sitting down. A regretful look filled Poseidon's eyes. "I'm sorry," He said quickly, rushing over and hugging Tyson. Tyson wiped away a few stray tears. 

I sat in a nearby chair, not wanting to be noticed. Amphitrite came out shortly after I sat down.

"What happened," she asked. Tyson shook his head, signalling it was nothing. Poseidon made sure he was alright before going into the kitchen and turning on the coffee pot. For some reason, all I could think about was how smothered Tyson must have felt. Though to be fare, I don't get hugged much.

Amphitrite sat down next to Tyson, allowing him to lay onto her side. Triton walked into the front door, holding a bagel. He mumbled something about stupid teenagers.

"What?" Amphitrite asked.

"There is this annoying group of teenagers from Goode high school that seem to show up everywhere. One of them reminds me of you Percy, all emo and doesn't talk, just tries to hide in the background." I cringed at the sneer in his voice. Somehow, Amphitrite heard it too.

"Be nice." Her voice was stern causing Triton to nod his head quickly and move into the dining room. Poseidon cam into the living room, holding a steaming cup of coffee. He turned the t.v on, adding some back ground noise. I placed my chin on my hand, resting my elbow on the armrest. I then sat criss cross in the chair. I closed my eyes and let my thoughts wonder. 

Hi my puppies!!!!

Guess who's not dead! Me! Sorry for not updating. I have a kinda good excuse this time. I moved, though that only took a month-ish since I only moved a few cities over. I had to switch schools though. That sucks. I went from being a Jaguar to a Tiger, such a downgrade. I'm basing that off my favorite NFL teams though...Who're your favorite NFL teams. (My top three are Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Seattle Seahawks.)

Also....IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Bye my puppies!!!

-Doggielover89