Chapter 23

Tyson's POV:

Percy was fun to be around. Sure he didn't talk much, but when he does talk, he usually gets me to laugh. I asked him about his mom and other dad. I noticed a sad look fill his eyes before he quickly tried to cover it up, causing me to regret what I had asked. It didn't bother me when he didn't answer. 

My friend's mom gave me a ride home after school. I skipped up the driveway and noticed Percy just standing there. I laughed at his confused look.

"What are you doing, just standing there?" I asked. He looked at me and grinned slightly.

"I was...waiting for you." He gestured to the door, as if saying Shall we. I laughed and set my backpack down at the door. I smelt mom cooking in the kitchen so I ran in. 

"Hey mom," I said hugging her. 

"Hi sweetie. How was your day?" I smiled and told her how the class hamster had gotten out of her cage and went around the room for ten minutes trying to get people to give her a treat. Mom laughed at that.

I then told her everything else interesting that happened, which wasn't much. I walked back into the living room and sat next to Percy, laying my head on his shoulder and snuggling into his side. I turned on the t.v. to watch cartoons. I AM NOT TO OLD!! Sorry, I just really like cartoons.  About halfway through the episode, Triton came in, slamming the door. He sent a harsh look towards me and Percy. After that he seemed to storm back to his room. 

"What happened to him?" I asked watching him. 

"I don't know," Percy said. I knew he was lying but I accepted the answer. I went back into my previous position. After  a while, the good cartoons were over so I changed the channel. The Flash caught my eye so I left it there. (I am not going to say which episode and what happens because...spoilers...my sister would kill me...)

Finally, dinner came. I was sad to hear that dad would not be eating with us. It seems that lately he has been staying late at work a lot. But happy news, Percy will be sharing a room with me! I was so happy when he said it was ok. 

Dad came home as we were cleaning up. Him and mom hadn't spoken once since he got home. Everyone was in the living room. Me and Percy sat on the floor. The t.v. played some other superhero show. Everyone sat in silence, Triton and Percy on their phone. Mom and dad stared at the t.v. as if ignoring each other. 

Percy's POV:

I was glad when I could finally get to bed. I was so tired. I seemed to be tired a lot lately. (Thought I should put this in here, as soon as I finished that sentence, my computer fell off my lap and onto the floor...)I  laid down on the air mattress that was pulled out for me, feeling out of place. Tyson was in his bed, already asleep. 

I fell asleep about a half hour after laying down. I wish I hadn't. As soon as I fell asleep, I felt like I was falling. Never ending falling. After what seemed like forever, it stopped. 

I looked around to see a room full of boxes. I opened one to see what was inside and was greeted with a face. It was as pale as a sheet of paper, it's eyes rolled back into it's head. The person was smiling up at me. I stumbled back, sloppily closing the box.

To my left, another box opened. Inside, was another person. They had short black hair. His eyes were a calm blue. As I stared at him, his skin started shriveling, one eye fell out of the socket and watched me as it rolled down his face and landed in the bottom of the box. I stifled a scream and started running, wanting to get out of the room.

I tripped and fell. Looking up I saw a large shape resembling a man. He stepped into the light and I stared into the smiling face of my former step-father. This time, I did scream. Gabe was holding a bloody knife as he slowly walked towards me. 

I tried to run, but I was frozen in place. Gabe walked slightly faster as he started laughing. His laugh echoed in my ears, taunting me. The blood in my veins froze as he towered over me. I closed my eyes, trying to wake up. A smell seemed to fill my nose. It was coppery, like a thousand pennies. 

I opened my eyes and saw Gabe pressing the knife against my throat. I felt the blood running down my neck as Gabe pushed the knife down harder. Tears ran down my face as I begged him to stop.

"Percy," a new voice echoed. They sounded so far away. Gabe kept laughing as I struggled to free myself from the invisible bonds that held me in place. 

"Percy," the voice repeated, sounding closer and more urgent. Gabe seemed to fade slightly but he was still there. The voice repeated my name one more time before I jolted upright. I started coughing and sobbing, not realizing Tyson was sitting next to me on the floor. He quickly wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

I hugged him back, thinking that as long as I hugged him, I couldn't be brought back to that room. After about five minutes of just sitting there, my thoughts clicked together. Tyson had woken me up. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered. 

"For what?" Tyson's voice shook. I shook my head unable to speak more. My throat finally felt like the knife was gone and I could breathe properly again.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I will be soon." I pulled away slightly and saw Tyson had tears running down his face. I tried for a smile. "See?" He nodded. 

"You were screaming," he whispered. His voice seemed to break at the end of the sentence. 

"It was just a dream," I promised him. He shook his head.

"You were screaming for help." I hugged him tighter, not knowing what to say. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 3 in the morning.

"Why don't you try to go back to bed?" Tyson shrugged and climbed up into his bed. He laid down and covered up. I sat on my knees and brushed the hair off his forehead. 

"Goodnight," I said softly to him. He mumbled something that sounded like 'goodnight'. I sat back down on the air mattress, pretty shook up by the dream. I have had other dreams like that, with Gabe trying to kill me. But I thought, since he was dead, I would stop having dreams like that.

I had wanted the dreams to stop so bad, I had given myself a sense of false hope. With everything changing like it was, the nightmare wasn't to far fetched. I sat there in the dark, afraid to fall back asleep. Tyson woke up around 7. He smiled at me and tackled me in a hug.

"Good morning," he laughed. 

"Well, good morning to you to." A small smile made it's way onto my face. 

Hi my puppies!!!!

Look I actually updated!!! YAAAYY!!!!! I'm Not Dead!!! WHOOOO!

I may need help....

So how'd you enjoy the new chapter??

Bye my puppies!!

 -Doggielover89