Chapter 53

TRIGGER WARNING! DIRECT MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT!!

Piper's POV (wat? something new? lol):

I walked into school and instantly started looking for Percy and Leo. I assumed they would be together. I passed Percy's locker and chose to not read the sticky notes on them. I walked into the library. The room was empty except for two people sitting at a table. 

"What's up?" I said, sitting across from the two.

"I didn't really think high school students actually watched the news," Percy groaned. I grimaced, remembering the news story on last night. 

"We decided avoiding people was the best option," Leo said. 

"Makes sense," I said nodding. I noticed Percy fidgeting, but I assumed it was just his normal behavior. 

"What are we all doing in the library?" Hazel said, sitting next to me. The three of us just looked at her in confusion. 

"Did you not...?" Percy asked. 

"Watch the news last night," I completed for him. Hazel shook her head.

"Should I have?" she asked.

"No, I'd rather you didn't," Percy said. He laid his head on his arms and sighed. Leo rubbed his back in a comforting manner. I saw Percy smile slightly. 

"I'm confused. What happened?" Hazel asked. Percy shrugged.

"A lot. I don't feel like talking about it," Percy said. She nodded. I turned to the two, who were practically cuddling. 

"So," I said, gaining the boys' attention. "What's the deal with you two?"

"What do you mean?" Leo asked. I saw Percy blush slightly. 

"She's right," Hazel said. "Something is different about you two." 

"I don't know what you are talking about," Percy said.

"Leo knows exactly what I am talking about," I countered.

"Nope," he said smugly. 

I scoffed and shook my head. We sat silently until the bell rang. Hazel went her own way, but I followed Percy and Leo down to their first class. We reached the door. 

"Don't you have class?" Leo asked. I shook my head. I had a free period for first. Percy chuckled. They took seats in the back of the class. I sat directly behind them. Through out the entire period, they acted normal to each other. Though, there were plenty of classmates I wanted to punch. Sadly, once the period ended, I had to actually get to my own class.

I sighed, waiting for lunch. Even though he wasn't in my class, I heard people making snide comments about Percy. I was fairly shocked with how much the officer went into detail about what happened to Percy. To make it worse, people were making jokes about it. In front of me, I heard two people conversing.

"Okay, but why didn't he report Gabe? Clearly something is wrong with him if he didn't tell anyone he was basically getting f*cked by his step-dad." I held my tongue, trying to wait till after class to confront them.

"Hey, you've seen him around. He's weird. Maybe he liked it," Jackass #2 offered. I clenched my fists and closed my eyes, trying my hardest not to punch them.

"You're right. But what about his mother? She would have done something, right?" Jackass #1 asked.

"No, remember she's dead. Gabe killed her. He probably helped," Jackass #2 laughed. 

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" I asked, trying not to yell at them. The teacher was currently out of the room, getting photo copies of an assignment.