Chapter 49

Percy's POV:

Tyson was sitting on my bed, playing games on my phone. I was laying on my back staring at the ceiling. I heard Poseidon and Amphitrite talking in the living room, however I couldn't make out what they were saying. Triton was back in his room. 

"You got a text," Tyson said, passing me my phone. 

Leo (11:30 AM) : Hey, how are things with your parents?

P (11:30 AM) : I'm not really sure. They found out about Gabe, and I don't know how upset they are I didn't tell them. Plus, I kinda blew up at Poseidon...

L (11:30 AM) : Shit...

L (11:31 AM) : I hope everything turns out ok...

I sent a thumbs up emoji. I turned on the game again and passed Tyson the phone back. He smiled at me. I laid back down on my pillow, continuing to stare at the ceiling. I tried to not think about how upset they were.

Triton knocked on the door. Tyson and I both looked up at him. 

"Mom said lunch is done. She wants us at the table, something about eating together as a family," he said. He then turned around and walked down the hall. Tyson handed me my phone and bounced off my bed. I stood up, more civilized but 100% less fun, and Tyson and I walked into the dining room. Amphitrite made was setting the table.

"Do you need help?" I asked. 

"No, I got it," she said. I nodded. She gestured for us to take a seat. I was confused as to why we were all eating lunch together. Generally we only ate dinner together. Poseidon brought out sandwiches. They both sat down. 

"So... why are we doing this?" Triton asked. 

"Because we hardly even talk anymore," Amphitrite said. "I would like to know what is happening in my sons' lives."

"Plus Percy," Triton muttered with a small smirk. I looked down at my plate. I heard a smacking sound and flinched away. Looking back up, I saw him rubbing his cheek and Amphitrite sitting back down. 

"All of my sons," she said. I smiled slightly. Triton scoffed and glared at his sandwich. Tyson was munching happily next to me. We sat silently for a bit as everyone ate. 

"So... how is school?" Poseidon asked, breaking the silence. 

"It's great," Tyson said. He went on for a bit about how cute the class pet is. Amphitrite smiled and listened to him. 

"What about you?" Amphitrite turned to me. I shrugged.

"I've gotten my grades up to B's and C's," I said, kinda proud I wasn't failing all of my classes anymore. 

"That's really good, Percy," Poseidon said. Amphitrite nodded. I smiled a bit. 

"How is college?" Tyson asked Triton. He just shrugged in response. 

"You can at least try," Poseidon said. 

"What? I'm supposed to pretend I am enjoying this?" Triton asked. 

"Yes," Amphitrite said. "I don't know what has been up with you. The past few months, you have been extremely angry. Why?"

"Because suddenly, out of nowhere, he comes in," Triton gestured towards me. "Everyone is worried that he is adjusting well, and no one else matters."

"We have been asking you how you feel about it." Poseidon said. The three soon got into a heated argument. I noticed Tyson's eyes starting to water. Triton and Poseidon were yelling at each other. Amphitrite was quickly losing control of the situation.