𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦|𝘽𝙊𝙆𝙐𝙏𝙊ᵃⁿᵍˢᵗ

╭──────────╯•╰──────────╮

╰──────────╮•╭──────────╯

(y/n) skipped down the hallway after the last bell rang, her (h/c) swaying on her back. she couldn't be any happier as it was Friday and she was ready to spend her whole weekend with her boyfriend Kenzo. she energetically opened her locker and threw in all of her textbooks before slamming it shut a little way too loud, the grin never leaving her face. she saw the head of black hair which belonged to her boyfriend at the end of the hall and she ran towards him, hugging Kenzo from behind.

people never understood how these two could be together. the always energetic second-year girl, smiling all the time and just enjoying her life together with the calm and rational third-year boy who is always rather negative. somehow, it worked. (y/n) got her personality from her best friend Bokuto, who is the same as her but she wasn't like that when she and Kenzo started dating. you could say that Bokuto just woke up her true nature.

"KenKen!" she giggled in the boy's back and inhaled his scent. she still had her duties as the Fukurodani's volleyball team manager today but Kenzo was supposed to pick her right after that. "you ready for our weekend together?" she smiled once the boy turned around and his eyes pierced into her soul.

"actually..." he started and rubbed the back of his head, avoiding the gaze of the girl's (e/c) eyes. "I can't this weekend."

"what? but we planned this at the beginning of the week!" (y/n)'s eyes started to water and she tried her best to hold it in.

"I know but I got this new part time job and it would be really rude if I canceled it." (y/n) didn't remember about Kenzo getting a new part time job or ever talking about it but she just hung her head low and decided to go with it. this started to appear since the school year started. Kenzo canceled most of their plans but (y/n) always blamed it on him being a busy third year. she believed he will have time for her eventually, right?

after their goodbye, she slowly shuffled towards the girls' changing room, her bright persona disappearing instantly. she just missed her times with her boyfriend. she knew she's late to the practice anyway once she heard the balls loudly hitting the ground so she quickly changed into her sports attire and pulled the oversized club jersey over her head. she filled the waterbottles on her way and then silently entered the gym. she greeted the coach and stood next to him while she started to take notes about the boys' spikes and serves.

"hey hey hey (y/n)!" her best friend Bokuto loudly greeted her and normally, she would answer him in the same way but she didn't feel like it today. she just gave him a little nod before she went on to collect the balls around the gym. Bokuto's heart cracked right there once he saw her soulless body walk through the gym as they started to stretch to end their practice.

"don't you know what happened to (y/n)~chan?" Akaashi asked because even he noticed the sudden change. normally, she would yell at them, support them whenever they landed a strong spike or scold them for not helping her clean up. today, none of that came. "Bokuto~san, you should talk to her."

"what? why me?" Bokuto's eyes almost fell out. she was his best friend, sure. but lately, his heart has been going crazy whenever she smiled at him or hugged him until they collapsed on the ground. Bokuto may be dumb, but he's not that dumb not to know what does this mean. she has a boyfriend though and he's happy for them, and it doesn't matter that Bokuto thinks Kenzo is an emotionless prick.

"you're her best friend, if she's going to open up to anyone, it's you." Akaashi explained and continued to stretch his arms.

"yeah, I want our lovely manager back." Konoha added and Bokuto eyed the girl roaming around the gym with the balls in her arms. once she and the boys were done, she left the gym without a single word and just picked up her bag before going home. the boys watched her leave with her head hung low. her boyfriend standing her up was something she was sad about, sure, but she could bear with it. it's what she saw with her very own eyes outside the school grounds was what broke her.

she was almost home, the sun was already gone and the air was cold. she rubbed her arms to make herself more warm but to no use, what she saw made all of the warmness leave her body right then and there. she saw Kenzo leave the corner store in her street with a girl from their school, hand in hand together and laughing at something. she couldn't remember the last time she made Kenzo laugh but here he was, showing his white teeth in a sincere laugh. (y/n) remembered seeing the girl in school. she was the exact opposite of her. even though (y/n) figure was skinny and sporty, the girl was tall, her porcelain slender legs beautifully matching her long blonde hair.

it was when Kenzo's lips collided with hers when she felt like nothing. she felt like an empty shell and her hand mindlessly went up to touch her cheek and feel the cold tears streaming down her face. was she not good enough? obviously, but did she deserve this? everyone would say she didn't but who knows. her shaky hand took out her phone and she dialed the first number saved in her phone while her eyes were still stuck on the pair in front of her.

"hey (y/n)! what's up?" the owl captain said cheerfully as always. (y/n) stayed silent for a couple of seconds before she spoke up.

"c-can I come over?" Bokuto noticed her voice being shaky and weak and heard the silent sniffle but he just agreed and in a matter of minutes, he was opening the front door for his best friend. his heart shattered into million pieces when he saw her bloody eyes and tears streaming down her face. he didn't even ask and opened his arms for her to hide in them. she wrapped her legs around his torso as Bokuto carried her into his room. she nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck and Bokuto felt how cold she is. that is why when he sat her down on his bed in his room, he immediately pulled his team hoodie over her head. (y/n) looked like she's drowning in it but he knew she loves wearing it.

and that's when she absolutely broke down. she couldn't stop hear tears and hiccups escaped her mouth. Bokuto quickly kneeled in front of her and grabbed her small hands in his, wiping away her tears with his thumb.

"a-am I not good enough? I know people say opposites attract but maybe I was just too much for him. still, he could've just told me and not h-hurt me like this-!"

Bokuto quickly stood up and crawled on his bed next to her. he lightly pushed the girl over and laid down as well, facing her and wrapping his strong arms around her fragile body. her arms wrapped around his neck and she hid in his chest and continued to silently cry.

"you're the best person I know. whatever happened, Kenzo will realize what he lost today. you're our sunshine, the team loves you, I love you."

Bokuto didn't know if she understood it that night but he didn't care. whether she understood it or not, he knew she can't and won't return his feelings just yet but he was alright with that. he was willing to wait for her, no matter how long it could take because he would always be there for her.