𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫 [1]

authors note: do not judge reader as you do not know what she has been through

authors note: do not judge reader as you do not know what she has been through. you'll find out in later chapters :)

HE'S MY MENTOR? YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT? I pinched the bridge of my nose as I sighed quietly. There is no way this dude is in the FBI, he's lanky and doesn't look buff at all, I could probably take him.

"Hi I'm Doctor Spencer Reid" He waved.

"Agent y/n y/l/n" I replied, sighing as I looked at the weird man
"I'm gonna be your mentor" He gave me a tight lipped smile.
"I know" I muttered as I pushed my hair behind my ear, groaning under my breath. This is bullshit. How in the world did I get stuck with him and not the buff guy who or one of the girls!

I followed him around, every place in the building we stopped he had a fact about the place. At this point I was just fed up, thankfully a blonde walked over.

"Spence you're boring her to death" She spoke as she giggled. "I'm Jennifer Jareau, JJ" She put her hand out for me to shake.

I shook her hand "Y/N Y/L/N" I smiled.
"Also we have a case so come on"JJ spoke.

I followed them to the round table so we could be briefed on the case.

"Two teens, Jason Phillips, 15 and Darcy Jacobs, 15 both kidnapped 4 hours ago in New York, New York." Garcia spoke.
"We are on the clock so wheels up in 10" Hotch said.

Once we got to the jet the only seat left was next to Spencer, I groaned under my breath and sat next to him.

"Hey" He smiled.
"Hi" I replied before pulling out a book and beginning to read it.
"You read too?" He questioned.
"Uh... yeah?" I tilted my head at the odd question.
"Cool, what book is it?" He asked.
"It's Pride and Prejudice " I replied.

Wonder why. I mentally rolled my eyes before going back to my book as we flew New York. Finally we landed and I stood up, stretching. I put my book back in my bag and got off the jet smiling as the cold winter air hit my body. I looked at everyone before climbing into the SUV, I fixed my hair and watched out the window.

Eventually we arrived at the police station and we got set up. I went to interview the families with JJ. Thankfully as I don't know how much more of Reid I could have taken.

"Mrs. Jacobs, when was the last time you saw Darcy?" I asked.
"Last night before bed, she wasn't feeling good" She replied, wiping her tears.
"Alright, has she been acting differently, has she mentioned being watched or felt like she was being watched?" JJ asked.
"No.." She sighed heavily as she wiped more tears. "I just want my baby"
I nodded "We're gonna do our best to find her I promise"

I walked out and back into the room where all our stuff was and sat down, sighing quietly as I chewed on my inner cheek. Spencer walked back from being at the crime scene.

"How did the interview go?" He asked.
"Fine." I replied as I sipped my coffee.
"Are you okay?" He questioned.
"I'm fine" I replied, can't he just leave me alone.

Finally he gave up and walked off, I sighed and looked down at the case file in my hands. We need to find this girl. I made my way over to the map and studied it as I inhaled quietly.

"So they both were taken within five miles of each other" I said as I looked at JJ.
"Yeah..but they both live right next to each other how does that make sense?" She replied.
"It doesn't," I said as I stared at the map for  a solid five minutes.
"He could have just grabbed them on the way to school cause they would have been closer together" JJ said.
"Yeah but he went the harder way..." I spoke quietly.
"None of this makes any sense." JJ mumbled.
"I know, I honestly don't understand what we are missing," I groaned.

Eventually we had found Darcy safe and sound, the first case I was on was three days, on the jet back home we planned to go out to dinner. Once I got back to my apartment my kitten Nala greeted me, I changed into a tight silk pink dress and black high heels. I put on a light coat of mascara and lipgloss and curled my hair before I got a text from JJ saying she was outside. I said goodbye to my cat and grabbed my purse, rushing outside to the uber JJ was in.

"You look stunning y/n" JJ smiled.
"Thank you! So do you! No one would even think you're a mother of two!" I smiled widely.

She giggled as she playfully elbowed me.

Soon after we arrived at Rossi's place.

"I thought we were going out?" I asked.
"To us this is going out, he has a mansion so his dining room is like a restaurant" JJ replied.

I nodded as we walked in, I smiled as Penelope ran over and hugged me tightly. I laughed as I hugged back.

"You look stunning," She exclaimed.
"So do you!" I squealed as I looked at her bright pink dress.
"Only you can pull off such bright colors" JJ smiled.
"Facts" I smiled as I looked over to see Spencer drinking, was I seeing things? I walked over to him.

"You drink?" I laughed.
"Not normally, but I thought tonight could be an exception." He replied.
"Oh okay, well I'm getting red wine" I gave him a small smile as I looked to Rossi who was already handing me a whiskey. Oh.

I sipped it, making a face as I coughed.

"Thanks.." I choked.
"You'll get used to it princessa" Rossi smiled.

I nodded and went to find Emily. Once I found her I sat next to her and she was drinking wine. I was extremely jealous.

"How come you have wine and he gave me whiskey?" I grumbled.
"Here I'll go fix you some, he hides it from us" She laughed as she got up to go fix me a glass.

Once she came back with my drink she handed it to me. "Thank you so much" I smiled as I sipped it.

Spencer walked over and sat next to me, smiling.

"What is with the weird smile?" I asked.
"Nothing, nothing at all" He replied.
"Fine be that way, weirdo" I teased as I sipped on my wine.

Authors Note: HI HI HI! I hope you guys enjoyed chapter one of my new story! I feel like this one is gonna be exciting for everyone! MWAH