𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞 (𝟓 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

FIVE YEARS, FIVE YEARS SINCE I SAID goodbye to my one and only love

     FIVE YEARS, FIVE YEARS SINCE I SAID goodbye to my one and only love. I looked at Dahlia who was pushing her stroller around the house. Dahlia's five and Leo's now six. I still work at the BAU but I try my best to take the kids with me on cases, I never wanna leave them.

"Mommy?" Dahlia looked up at me.
"What is it baby?" I asked as I looked up from the case file I was finishing up.
"Leo won't play dolly's with me" She frowned.
I sighed and picked her up, setting her on my lap. "Leo just has homework he wants to do sweet pea. I'll play with you when I'm done okay?"
"Okay Mommy.." She whispered.

     Leo had an eidetic memory like his father, and that wasn't a good thing. He remembered everything about Spencer, asked about him constantly. Dahlia on the other hand, just got his smarts, not the eidetic memory. Leo walked over to me and tapped on my shoulder.

"Mama?" He mumbled.
"How was school handsome?" I asked.
"Good. Can we talk about Dad?" He asked.
"After Dahlia goes to bed then we can" I replied.

     Leo and Dahlia were truly the best kids, they were angels but also devils like kids should be. Dahlia ran over with her stuffed animal in her arms, Spencer got it for her when she was born. She climbed onto my chair and watched me while I cooked.

"Mommy what we eating for dinner?" She asked.
"Pasta baby." I smiled
"Ooo Yay!" She squealed, clapping her tiny hands.

When I was done cooking, I plated everyone's food and helped Dahlia up onto her chair so she could eat. Leo ate quickly and when everyone was done I got Dahlia ready for bed, it was only 6pm so I let her play for a little bit. Leo sat next to me on the couch and looked at me.

"Mama, I miss dad.." He whispered.
"I know you do bub, I do too" I replied, picking him up and holding him.
"Do you think he knows we still love him?" Leo asked.
"Oh definitely baby, he's always watching us" I answered.
"Do you think he's proud of me Mama?" He questioned tears in his eyes.
"Oh baby, he was proud of you the minute you were born" I spoke, kissing his forehead.

     After Leo and I talked for a while he was exhausted, I changed him into his pajamas and put him to bed. I walked into my room and looked at the picture of the four of us. I sighed as I felt a tear roll down my cheek I knew this is what Spencer would have wanted and I know for a fact he is watching over us and protecting us, I just wish he was protecting us here. Leo misses him so much and Dahlia barely remembers him and that just shatters my heart because he loved her so damn much. After I had changed and laid down I felt my bed dip down a little, I looked over and saw Leo and Dahlia climb into bed with me.

"Can't sleep?" I asked, holding them close.
"No Mama we can't" Leo replied, his sister had a pacifier in her mouth.

     No matter how hard I tried to wean her off of it she wouldn't stop, I'll try again later just not now. Right now my kids need me and I'm gonna be there for them every step of the way,

Authors Note: That is officially the end of quixotic! I'm so sad to see this book end but I'm excited to focus more on my other books :)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜 [𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐝 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫] ✔️ 🎉