Chapter twenty-eight

Sam relaxed into his bed after Derek texted him that Stiles was ok. Sam honestly wanted to sleep for the next decade or so. It was roughly three in the morning and he still couldn't sleep.

"Sammy? Are you awake?"

Sam groaned from the bed, "yeah." Sam didn't say anything else he just opened his arms and waited.

It didn't take long for Sam to feel the warmth and weigh of his boyfriend against him. A content sigh escaped him and he wrapped his arms around the golden eyed angel.

"Hey Sam?" Gabriel asked softly. He received a hum in response, "do you love me?"

Sam smiled sleepily and hugged Gabriel closer to him, "of course Gabe. I love you more than anyone or anything."

Gabriel tried to not fidget at the thought that crossed his mind. "...More than Jessica..?"

Sam hummed again, "yeah. I love you more. Why?"

"Nothing." Gabriel looked down and tried to quell the thoughts raving through his mind.

"He doesn't actually love you."
"He's still in love with Jessica."
"He could never love you."

Gabriel sniffled and wiped at his eyes, trying to not alert his boyfriend. It was too late, Sam sat up and quickly took Gabe into his arms. "Gabriel? What's wrong?"

"N-nothing."

"Baby, why would you ever doubt that I love you?...did someone say something?" Gabriel tensed a little, "they did, didn't they? Who was it? I'll kill them."

Gabriel frowned and gripped onto Sam's arm, "no! It's fine Sam! Just someone said something and it got me thinking. No one did anything."

Sam stared into Gabriel's eyes, seemingly finding the lie, "if they do anything, you tell me. Name and where I can find them so I can take care of them. No one gets to make my boyfriend feel less than he is."

Gabriel smiled softly, he truly did love the moose in from of him, "I love you Sam."

Sam kissed Gabe's nose and smiled, "I love you too Gabriel."

Sam buried his face into Gabe's neck with a sigh and laid down again, "let's go to sleep."

Gabe smiled and snuggled into the firm chest against him. He slyly slipped his cold hands up Sam's shirt so that he could warm them.

"Your hands are freezing."

"I know. Warm them up." Gabe kissed Sam's neck and settled down into sleep.

Sam followed soon after, Gabe's cold hands still against his warm stomach.

————————

Jackson woke up with arms and legs wrapped around him. He smiled at the thought of his boyfriend who was like a Koala. Gently moving the limbs encasing him Jackson turned and stared at his mate.

"Staring is rude you know."

"Can't help looking at perfection." Jackson shot back.

Ethan flushed and smiled. He opened his eyes to look at his boyfriend, "didn't know I was a mirror."

Jackson went to say something before the words sunk in and he stuttered. "Wha- I'm not...ugh... baby why do you have to be perfect." The words were slightly mumbled as Jackson had dropped his face into Ethan's neck.

"I could ask you the same thing." Ethan smirked.

Jackson whined and sat up with a pout, "I'm gonna make breakfast, what do you want."

"Pancakes!" Ethan's eyes lit up.

"Ok."

Jackson walked off to the kitchen and grabbed to ingredients to make his boyfriend food. As Jackson worked he sang to the radio, completely oblivious to his boyfriend fawning over him.

"Ok Ethan here you ok." Jackson turned with a smile as he set everything on the table.

Ethan smiled and pecked Jackson's lips, "thanks baby. This looks delicious."

"Thanks."