Part twenty-three

Theo peeked around the corner and saw the shadow of someone.

"Hello Theo Raeken. Someone wants you dead. Why is that?" A mocking voice echoed all around.

"I don't know! A lot of people want me dead! You'll have to be more specific on who!" Theo called as another knife was throw at him.

"A young girl. Driven by jealously. I wonder how she fares with your boyfriend."

That was it Theo snuck around and jumped at the person. A knife hit him in the thigh. "Anyone who touches my boyfriend is dead. And so are you."

Theo reached the person and tackled them to the ground. Theo didn't care about the knife in his leg. He ripped the mask off and growled at the man under it. "I won't kill you because Liam wouldn't like it. But I will have you arrested and thrown in jail."

It didn't take long to find something to bind his wrists with and before long Theo had the guy in a jail cell. The knife in his leg was removed and bandaged and then he was running to Liam's house.

He would have gone before caring about the knife but others would have been suspicious. Theo reaches the house in no time. He was worried to see the door open. Without any thought in his head he ran through and searched for Liam's heartbeat and scent.

Theo opened the door to Liam's room and saw Liam laying under the covers asleep. Theo sighed and walked over. He laid a hand on Liam's arm to shake him awake. Theo stopped dead when the scent of blood finally reached his nose.

He quickly pulled back the covers and saw blood soaking them. "Liam?! Liam wake up! Please!"

Quickly finding where the blood was coming from Theo had to hold back a growl. Carved into his back was the word 'faggot'.

Theo shakily took out his phone and called Derek, "d-Derek?"

"Theo? What's wrong?"

"It's L-Liam!"

"Ok get him to Deaton quick!"

Theo hung up and picked up Liam and carefully as he could. With nothing in his head but making sure Liam was ok, Theo ran out of the house and made his way to the animal clinic.

———————

"Derek what happened?" Stiles asked.

"It's Liam. I don't know what happened. Theo is taking him to the clinic."

Stiles quickly put on his shoes and sweatshirt and left with Derek. Cas followed after since he might me able to help.

The three drove as fast as they could to the clinic and rushed inside. "Deaton! What happened?!"

Deaton hardly turned when they entered. "I don't know. Theo hasn't said a word since he got here."

Stiles scrunched his eyes brows, "where is he?"

Deaton pointed to the corner. Stiles rushed over and knelt in front of a hysterical Theo. "Hey, Theo it's going to be ok. Alright? Shhh you've got to calm down for me."

Theo stared straight into Stile's soul. "It's my fault."

"What is sweetie?" Stiles sounded like a mother talking to a child.

"L-Liam. Back."

"Cas check his back!" Stiles called behind him. He carefully pulled Theo into a hug. "Shhh it's ok. Cas will help him ok? It's not your fault."

Cas laid his hand on Liam's back and the wounds began to heal. Not even a scar was left. Liam suddenly sat up with a shout, "no!"

Theo shot up faster than lightning. In a second he was hugging Liam while he sobbed. Liam was panting and confused.

"T-Theo? What happened? Why are you crying?" Liam carefully tried to wipe his mate's tears but they were replaced by more.

"H-hayden... s-she.... I was scared! I was so scared." Theo sobbed. "You were bleeding and..," at this Theo was struggling for breath.

Liam quickly took him in his arms and squeezed him a bit. Just enough to reassure them both the other was there and ok, "I'm ok. Hayden isn't here. I'm fine. Let's just get you home ok?"

"No!" Theo shouted, "what if she comes back? What if I'm not there again!?"

"Ok calm down Theo. I wasn't planning on leaving you. You're staying with me."

————————-

"That was chaotic." Derek mumbled.

Stiles smacked him, "don't make fun of it! Did you see how upset my child was?! He was crying!"

Derek chuckled, "I wasn't making fun of it. Ok?"

"Good." Smiled crossed his arms and looked out the window.

Cas smiled at the pair. They were perfect for each other. They would be great parents someday.