The water is widebut space is cooler (pãrt öñē)

So I'm thinking I'm going to turn this last oneshot into a two or three part because it's so long. Sorry if it kinda drags at first but I swear it will get better. Science really interest me and if your not into it....sorry. Only the first part should be sciency.

The ocean covers 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contains 97 percent of the planet's water, yet more than 95 percent of the underwater world remains unexplored. While space is infinant. We as humans have only seen the smallest spec of the smallest portion of space, making us completely ignorant on what is really out there. This always intrueged me. We are ignorant of what lays beneath us while also being ignorant of what lays above us. We are only familiar with our surroundings, the things we can touch and see so easily.

Reach out and touch something in front of you, notice how it feels in your hands. Notice the texture and the way it's energy vibrates through into you. It's familiar. It's what we are able to do, it's something we have been able to do since we were infants. But what if you couldn't feel it? What if you saw the most beautiful thing, let your eyes soak in the magnificence of it all. Then, when you reach out and simply try to let your finger prick the object and connect with it, your hand is met with emptiness. You may be arguing that that's how air is, but your wrong. You can see air, and you feel it. You can feel the breeze and the simple wight it puts in your shoulders. You know it's there, it's presence is all around you. This object that I found, the thing I wanted so desperately to touch, was a black hole. It was a beautiful orb of darkness and stars, seaming to contain all that is holy inside of it. The catch? I couldn't quite touch it.

Black holes are the cold remnants of former stars, so dense that no matter -not even light - is able to escape their powerful gravitational pull. My professor told me all about them, he had been studying them, trying to find the locations of them. This was something no easy to do while on earth, but he did it. He had discovered one when he was thirty-nine, though he's fifty now. I took his class and don't think I will ever meet a smarter man. I spent many hours after class with him just talking and learner further; expanding my knowledge.

About two years ago I was contacted by him in the middle if the night. He spoke excitedly to me, telling me he had seen something, a discovery too incredible for mankind. Something that was completely on accident, yet completely wondrous. He had found another black hole. I asked him for the coordinates, but he gave me something that quite started me. The coordinated weren't in space at all, they were in the Pacific Ocean. More specifically, The Mariana Trench, the deepest part in the ocean. There is no place deeper in the ocean than here, reaching about 1,580 miles deep. When I confronted him about his confusion, he told me I was being ignorant. That in fact he had found one there, and it was surviving!

When I asked him why it wasn't sucking in everything, he had no idea. And that's why we needed to go explore it. Going that deep into the ocean was impossible. Nobody had gone that far down. but that wasn't going to stop us. No, certainly not. We spent the last two years constructing a submarine that could get us that far. Professor Toro and I hired others to help, at times hundreds showed up to see our work, but mostly it was him and I. We were best friends, despite me being twenty seven and him fifty, we were inseparable. He was a genius, and I was obedient and smart. Together, we were unstoppable. Ant that's what got me here.

Currently, I'm floating 1,472 miles down, looking at it. The black hole.

The submarine was just about a hundred feet from me, shining light onto the orb. Black fish swim around me in this dark world. Some of these fish I have never even heard of, but that was to be expected. I could be documenting all the new creatures human kind has never met before, but instead I'm looking at something that seems to be more important. In fact, it is more important. A black hole at the bottom on the ocean... impossible.

It's so beautiful, yet confuses me. How is it not puling in everything around it? The entire earth shouldn't been swallowed by this thing..... so why wasn't it?

Professor Toro was in the sub along with twenty others, all watching me. Each and everyone's eyes(including several cameras, two being attached to myself) were watching as I approached the ball. I had volunteered to come out, but right now I was scared shitless. It was so dark, even the lights that were shown had been swallowed I to the emptiness. Not only dark, but cold. I would tough it out though, my scuba suit was tight on my body's and comforting me. It made me feel like I would really make it back to the sub.

"Don't go near it, Iero" I heard my professor say from the other line. Don't go near it? Isn't that what I was supposed to do? That's why I was here. Obviously it wasn't a threat nothing was getting pulled into it. It was just there. Huge fish swam by me, not paying any attention. They didn't seam to notice the beautiful black hole. When I looked at it, I was mesmerized. It twinkled almost as if I was able to see the stars from the bottom of the ocean.

"I have to know" I barely whispered back. The helmet on my face fogged up a little to my warm breath. My heart was beating faster than I ever thought possible as I swam a little further in. My entire body tingles with anticipation and fear. The orb seamed to float in place, dawning apon me as I approached it. It wasn't huge to say, probably only a little bigger than I was, but being only a little over five foot, it wasn't hard.

"Frank, don't. We don't know what it could do. The mission was to see if it was real, get a few shots of it, and come back" his harsh voice rang. I ignored it as my hand lifted up, only a few feet from it. I gulped and spaced out, getting lost in it's pure beauty. Nothing could ever look like this, this was beauty at it's finest. "Frank! Stop it, don't make me come down there! We don't know what it can do and we don't know how or if it could hurt you"

"That's just it, Ray" my voice sounded so empty as it echoed in my helmet and got lost in the vibration of the water. "We will never know. Think about it. We worked this hard to get here. This is our life. We worked too damn hard on this for a few loudly pictures. Ray, I have to know what it will do. It's obviously not hurting any of the other creatures. Just let me" I spoke slowly. The light attached to my helmet shown on the orb, making me jump backwards slightly as a grey fish the size of an alligator swam past me. I was probably in more danger out here with the unknown fish than with the black hole.

"No, Frank. That's final" he spoke. I shook my head, disapproving if his words.

"I love you, Toro" I chuckled. He was my best friend and I wasn't sure of what was about to come. I reached my hand toward the ball if stars, my heart pacing. I closed my eyes and stretched my fingertips out, sticking my arm into the orb.

There was a long silence before I opened my eyes. I let out a huge breath I had been saving. When I looked at my hand engulfed by the hole, I could still see it. It wasn't gone. It was still there and I didn't feel a thing.

"Toro, it's fine. I think it's-"