The water is wide but space is cooler (dear god i'm sorry theres four parts)

The large room I had arrived in was now dim, there was a circle of candles on the floor in front of the chairs and a table holding several items beside it. When I first walked in I thought that Gerard had tried to make this a romantic ordeal, but than I realized it was all part of the ritual.

"Okay. So, umm. What now?"

"Well, we wait for the council." He said in a monotone voice.

"The what?!" The council? Dear god, were a range of various old aliens about to watch me and another alien have sex? My heart raced faster and faster and I began to sweat, how was I expected to do this?

"I'm joking. I say that with everyone. I like it when I get a reaction. Some specimens are just passive about it."

"That's not funny! And what do you mean, everyone? Are you whoring yourself out to anyone who wants to go home?"

"Frank, you must understand, not every ritual is the same. For some, all it takes is a simple movement of the hand, an exchange of blood, or blowing air into each other's ears. Lola handles the more complicated ones that I cannot yet preform. You are the first human here in a very long time, and I don't really remember what it's like to have an orgasm." By this time, he had begun to light the candles in the large circle. I stood from afar and watched.

"You- you haven't had sex in a while? Like, how long Gerard?"

"I have not had intercourse in nine hundred years." He said as he lit the last candle. He stood straight back up and looked at me.

"Dear god, Gerard." That long? I had some huge shoes to fill. It's not like Gerard couldn't get laid... Could he? This plant was a mix if creatures, but surly there was someone that was fuckable? Or was he just not aloud too? Whatever it was... it was stupid because Gerard was ridiculously hot.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were religious." He said absentmindedly. I rolled my eyes at him and sat down in the center of the circle. I was nervous, definitely. But I had to get home somehow.

"So...how do we start?" I asked nervously. Did I just rip off my clothes? Wait. I still wasn't wearing any. Just this damn... very, very soft sheet. Was he like a hooker... was I supposed to pay him?

"I will guide you through the process, traveler. Are you sure you wish to leave?" He looked at me sorrowfully and sat down across from me, Indian style as I was.

"I'm afraid so. I have to get home, gee. Maybe you could come with me?" I asked hopefully.

"My place is here. If you stay, we would treat you well. I.... I would treat you well."

I sighed and thought it over once more. No. I couldn't. "Gerard, you place is here as my place is Earth. Maybe you could zoom me back over here sometimes, yeah?"

"It doesn't work like that. Black holes are spontaneous. It would be one in fifteen billion for it to take you here again."

"That unlikely, huh?" I tried to chuckle, but nothing could cover up the sorrow atmosphere. I cleared my throat after a minutes of silence that had lead us to our own thoughts. "So... should we begin?"

"Yes." he fake smiled and stood up. "I read up on passionate human love, and I think I know just the thing!" He seamed excited now as he hopped over to a bag he had outside the circle. He pulled out wine glasses, wine, and rose petals. I snorted at the stupidity of it all and he turned around.

"Is there something wrong in the process? Have I missed something important?" He worries. I watch as his face falls and he begins to freak out.

"No! No! Not at all, it's just that... those things are needed for... Intercourse." I thought for a minute as Gerard looked confused. "Those things are just... to set the mood, I guess? But... that's not really important." I stood up and walked over to Gerard, grabbing his hands and pulling him into the center. I look up at him as he watched me with curious eyes. "All you need is another person." I put my arms around his neck. "and the... Ardor to do so."