Take me from the hospital bed

I forced my eyes open. No. I couldn't fade into the darkness. I couldn't, at least not yet. Gerard wasn't here yet. I wanted him here when I went. I fought my body but it fought back so hard. The cancer had grabbed a hold of me.

"Not yet" I whispered to myself. A tear ran down my cheek and I felt my entire body tense up. I was in pain. So much pain. I was about to let go when I heard the hospital door open. My body flinched as I felt a warm hand on my own.

"Frankie" I heard a small whimper. I fought to open my eyes and looked to see Gerard sitting on my bed holding my hand.

"Hey gee" I whispered. It was a struggle to talk.

His hand in mine was tight and I wanted nothing more than to squeeze back, but I couldn't force up the body strength to do so. Tears rolled down his cheek, he could tell I hurt. And I think he also knew that calling in a doctor right now would do nothing for me. I was gonna die. I, Frank Iero, was gonna die from this cancer.

My eyes still fought and my body stil aced. I looked at Gerard. His fiery red hair was knotted and pushed back from his face. He was my best friend. I couldn't imagine having anyone else here beside me right now. I had grown up with him and experienced so much. Just like that, I was about to leave him alone.

"Hey gee?" I asked weakly.

"Yeah?" he opened his eyes and more tears fell. His eyes were red and puffy and his ranged black hair swarmed his face. His nose was a little red at the end and his lips looks wet from licking them too much. Gerard's lips had scars on them from excessively biting it. His eyes glowed, possessing a light shade of red around the tears. He looked into my eyes and both of our pain mixed in a void that was created by our eye contact. It was just him and I. Only us. I needed to tell him. I couldn't die without him knowing. I had been a coward for so long, now I needed to man up and go to one last battle before I died. I had been fighting for Gerard for so long, now I just needed to know if I got to win or lose.

"There's something I need to tell you. I should have told you a long time ago. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before. I know your probably gonna hate me after I say this but-"

"I know" he whispered. I stopped talking and looked at him in fear. He had known what I was gonna say. He knew all too well. He just didn't want me to say it. Even more pain filled my heart. He didn't want me, right?

"Sorry" I mumbled. I felt a wave of pain go over me and my body shook in it. I coughed and felt my eyes go heavy. My eyes were about to be fully closed when I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. They were soft, like really soft. Maybe it just felt that way compared to my own. Gerard was kissing me. That's all I wanted. That's all I had ever wanted, and finally it happened. It just took me being on my death bed to do it. But either way, I won.

"I love you too" he whispers into the kiss. His lips pressed once more to mine and they stayed that way. His lips were the only good thing that my body felt. The rest in my body was filled with aching pain. A tear slipped down my face and I started fading. My body failed and suddenly my mind was gone too. The last thing I felt consciously was Gerard's lips.