The Ghost of You

I ran faster through the dark night. I hoped for the rare street lamp and prayed that someone would be outside. But to my luck, there wasn't.

The thing was following me. It had been for weeks, stalking me and haunting my dreams. I saw the shadow of him there in my apartment all the time. The worst part was I never saw what it was. It was always just there. When I went to work, I saw him in the bathroom when I was alone. No matter where I was he would show his shadow when no one else could see. At first I thought it was just something that I saw out of the corner of my eye. Now, was not the case. A shadow of a man was always following me. Was it a ghost? Was I going crazy? Why was I the only one seeing him?

Tonight I had gone out with some work buddies. I needed some time with other people before I had gone mad. But then I saw the shadow in the corner of the bar and I flipped. I could tell it was his shadow. The way the shadow was shaped was always the same. It was the same outline of a man. But who? Now, after I ran out of the bar (great idea) I ran down the empty street, turning on an alleyway to try I get to my car. I knew it want too far from here.....

I was stopped when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I turned to see who it was but they were gone. Dear lord...... I had lost my mind. Now I was feeling things that weren't even there. I stood there for a moment, looking at nothing before I felt hands on my shoulders again, this time I was being pushed up against a wall. This didn't make any sense! Nobody was there. I could see straight ahead but nobody was actually fucking there?!

"Where are you?" I asked in a frantic voice. I after a moment I heard no response. Instead, I felt a pair of warm hands slid up my chest under my shirt. I looked down to see that my shirt was coming up, like someone was there. But no set of hands occupied the space. The touch felt..... nice. I could feel my brain begin to go numb and it was like I was in a hypnotic state. I couldn't think straight.

I felt the same set of hands slide back down, but this time they began to palm me through my pants. I swallowed at the touch and felt a moan escape my throat. I was being touched but nobody was there.

"Who are you?" I asked in a shaky voice. I almost forgot about my question as I felt the set of hands begin to undo my belt.

Almost as if the wind was whispering to me, I heard a answer.

"Frankie" I heard.

"What are you?" I asked.

"A ghost" my breath caught. So it had been a ghost. I had been haunted and right now, I really wasn't minding it all that much. The hands that had been touching me stopped. What the heck?

When I opened my eyes I couldn't believe what I saw.

"OH MY GOD A FLOATING SHOPPING LIST!"