The Masquerade

Alex POV

I was sitting by myself at the bar. The lights were perfect... The decorations were gorgeous... the guests were happy... but still I felt something missing. And that was when I spotted a certain someone in beautiful flowing red dress. Yeah... this is what that has been missing. Now the party feels complete.

 Now the party feels complete

Even though she was wearing a mask, I could tell who she was because, I would be a terrible wolf if I can't even identify my own mate

Even though she was wearing a mask, I could tell who she was because, I would be a terrible wolf if I can't even identify my own mate. My eyes were transfixed on her, I didn't even notice the other person entering the hall along with her.

'shit she saw me.. Keep your cool Alex' I said to myself, as she came towards me. 

"Excuse me", she said.

"oh.. uh.. Hi"

"Can you move aside... I need to grab my drink", she said.

"Oh! sure", I mentally facepalmed myself. What was I thinking? I'm wearing a mask. There is no way she would recognize me.

"Wait... Alex?", she asked. What's up with this girl.

"yeah.. it's me... Hi", I said.

"why are you being awkward?"

"no. I'm not"

"Anyways... You do clean up pretty well"

"thanks!! you don't look so bad yourself"

And then, a song started to play. Come on Alex, don't be a wimp. It's now or never.. ask her... It's just a single dance

"Hey Alex, wanna dance?",she asked.

"Huh!!!"

"Well, This is my favorite song.. So, I thought we could dance. I understand if you don't want to", she said.

"No... It's perfectly fine.. c'mon"

<A/N: I used this video because I imagine him as Alex and also because I don't wanna use the twilight video coz it would be ironical😅 and a lyric video would be less appealing.. anyways this was the song playing>

Lisa POV

I have heard this song a million times... but today it felt different. The song felt like it was made for us. I don't want this moment to end. Everything is so perfect. I feel like this moment has happened before.

Alex held my waist and my face was buried in his chest. I inhaled his intoxicating scent. There is always something unique about him.

when I looked up to see his face, I could feel myself getting lost in his eyes. His eyes are like a deep ocean. An ocean full of mysteries.

I was too caught up in the moment. I could feel myself inching closer to his face. I cupped his face and stared deep into his eyes.

At that exact moment.... The song changed. It was replaced by a fun-filled and energetic song. Then realization hit me like a truck. What the fuck where you about to do Lisa? I cursed myself. I've never been more embarrassed.

"uhm... I'll go get a drink", I said and ran away from there.

When I returned, I could not see Alex anywhere.

Then Anne came to me, "what happened Lisa, you look lost?"

"Did you see Alex?"

"Oh!! him? I saw him go into that room, come let's find him"

When we went inside the room, I almost can't believe my eyes. Alex was tied up and Dave was standing there with a smirk. When I turned back,I saw Anne bolting the door.

"Anne!! Dave!! what the hell are you guys doing?"

"Chill bestie, we are getting you a birthday gift", Anne said sounding like a psychopath.

Alex POV

"Lisa, why did you come here?", I asked.

"I was searching for you"

"Stop your small talk... you can continue it in afterlife", Dave hissed.

"Spare her... Do whatever you want to me", I said.

"Alex.. no", Liz cried.

"Shut up", Anne shouted.

"The plan is simple.. first we kill him and then you", Anne said to Lisa.

"But Anne, we are friends", Lisa said.

"it's time for a new lesson, never trust anyone", Anne said to her and turned to Dave,"Finish Him" and pointed me.

"With pleasure", he smirked and started coming towards me.

A million thoughts flooded my end. Is it the end. Shit I should have been more careful. I cursed myself for drinking the spiked drink... If only I could turn into a wolf now..

It was when, I heard a growl... an angry werewolf growl.

I turned my head to see where it came from.

"Liz!!", I blurted out.

A/N: sorry for the long chapter. hope you guys like it<333