'Good for you,' I mumble, staring at the wall. I didn't mean to be rude, but I'm not in the mood for Ashton's smart talk. He knows I don't understand a thing he's saying but he continues moving his lips nonetheless.

'What's wrong?' He frowns, his voice showing traces of hurt.

'I'm sorry,' I sigh, looking at his sad face. Great, my moodiness and selfishness has caused Ashton to be upset.

'I'm just annoyed,' I confess, trying not to laugh at his pouty face.

He looks so cute with his sad, bulging eyes and his lips slightly jutted out.

'I said I'm sorry,' I giggle, poking his cheek. He shakes his head and tries to bite my finger. I laugh and snatch my hand away but he just grins and reaches for it again.

'Is everything alright back there?' Mr Briggs asks from the front of the classroom.

I duck my head in embarrassment as everyone turns to face us. I push Ashton away before mumbling a quiet 'yes'. Sir nods his head and goes back to writing on the board.

'What a slut! Did you see the way she was giggling like that?' Marisa not so subtly whispers to her clan.

Hypocrite.

I roll my eyes and copy Ashton by reviewing my notes, not paying an ounce of attention to her anymore.

-

Lunch was pretty uneventful as usual. I focused on eating my sandwich while trying to ignore Marisa's desperate flirting with Ashton.

I know he's only my friend and can get any girl he wants in a heartbeat, but the fact that it's Marisa who's flinging herself at him really gets under my skin.

'What's that?' I ask, pointing at a small piece of paper sticking out of Ashton's polo shirt as we walk to our final period.

He looks down at his shirt and pulls it out.

'Call me sometime, ex oh ex oh Marisa,' he laughs, reading the slip.

I feel anger surge through me and without thinking, I grab it off him and tear it into a million pieces.

Ashton watches me quietly as I viciously attack Marisa's number.

'I wasn't going to call her,' he says after I finally stop. I look up at him and he has an unreadable expression on his face.

'You can never be too sure,' I snicker.

I grab my books from my locker and strut to English class with Ashton trailing behind.

'What's wrong with you?' He asks gently, catching up to me.

I turn to face him angrily.

'What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?!' I shriek, pointing an accusing finger at Ashton. He looks taken aback but doesn't say anything, allowing me to continue my rant.

'Why do you let her flirt with you like that? All day I have to sit around watching her desperate ass try to get with you and you do nothing about it! What do you even see in her?' I practically scream. I don't know why I'm getting so sensitive about this, but I just can't control myself.

Ashton looks stunned, but his eyebrows scrunch together in unreadable fashion.

'Why do you care?' He asks, looking at me straight in the eyes.

I step back from him, surprised by his words.

'I- I don't,' I hiss. I gather myself and childishly stomp to the auditorium alone.