Chapter 4

-Pic of Sean, well his hair mostly on the side.

I wake to the sound of my beeping alarm. I hate that noise so damn much. As I sit up on the bed, I feel a pain ripple through my head.

Ouch.

My thoughts wander to yesterday. I still can't believe she blackmailed me with the one thing she happened to know I was scared to death about anyone finding out.

I shake my head, instantly regretting it as it starts to pound. Today is a new day and I mustn't let my worries get in the way of anything. I am Landon Reeves after all: popular, confident and devilishly good looking.

Pointing out the good things about myself makes me feel a bit better and I find enough strength to pull myself from the bed.

I walk out of the guest bedroom and into the kitchen, searching for aspirin in the first aid cupboard. After I gulp the medication down with a glass of water, I walk into my room to get ready for school.

Dexter was no longer in my bed. I can't believe Daria had the decency to put him to sleep in his own bed when she was in her drunken state yesterday.

Trying to forget about that little bitch, I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I just stay there for a few minutes, letting the water drizzle onto my sore body.

After showering, I dress in a plain white tee with khaki shorts. I'm not sure where they're from, but who cares? Everything in my closet is designer. I accessorize with a simple silver chain and place small diamond studs in each earlobe.

Satisfied with my appearance, I make my way over to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cornflakes.

'Good morning, sweetheart,' I hear a chirpy voice.

Mom. I ignore her and continue eating. She persists and sits on the stool next to me. Great. What does she want now?

'Landon, I'm sorry to say this but Lance and I will be leaving on an important business meeting on Sunday for a week and a half. We're taking Dexter to Lance's mother's house so you have the house to yourself. If you need anythin-'

'Good!' I say gleefully, interrupting her. I know she'll get upset, but that's my aim anyway.

I was right. Mom looks down at the table and frowns, her deep blue eyes glistening with unshed tears.

'Landon, I don't want to fight with you. Why can't you just let me be your mother? Why can't you just let me be there for you?' She asks, her voice cracking toward the end of the sentence.

'What?!' I shriek in disbelief. I've had enough of this crazy woman.

'Mom, don't try to play the victim here! You left him, Mom. You left Dad! Didn't you consider what effect that would have on me? I grew up with no one there for me! No one to play football with all those years! No one to lift me up on their shoulders after going fishing! No one to encourage me in all my achievements. Then you marry that sorry excuse for a dad, Mom!' I say angrily, referring to Lance.

'You didn't care how much that would hurt me so don't blame me for making your life miserable. You did it to yourself!' I yell.

It felt good to take out all my anger I've held in for a long time. I don't care how mean that sounded, it was true. Mom looks at me in shock before bursting into tears.

I roll my eyes. She can cry me a river, for all I care.

'Landon-' she tries but is cut off by me slamming the door shut.

I need to clear my head, I decide. I walk outside and open the garage where my baby was sleeping. From now on, no one is touching her, especially not British intruders.