Chapter 31

To all of you who have supported this book in any way, shape or form this chapter is 100% dedicated to you. You guys are my motivation to finishing this and I couldn't have achieved what I have achieved without your help. Love you all dearly xx

Landon's P.O.V

I wake up extra early, oddly pumped on Monday morning. If my plan succeeded, Ashton and Paise won't be together since Sean and I kind of crashed their date on Friday.

We borrowed Sean's parents' clothes since they still dress like they're from the 1940s and rehearsed all week long. I knew that if we didn't practice I would've cracked up laughing at Sean's hideous appearance like how I did as soon as we walked out of the cinema.

I get up from my bed and basically skip to the bathroom to get ready for school. I decide on wearing a shirt that Sean bought me a few weeks back, and pair it off with black skinny jeans and a black cap before heading downstairs to leave. I grab my bag filled with my completed homework and walk to the garage after having locked all the doors.

Before I start my car, I check the time on my watch. It's only eight, leaving enough time for me to pick up Paise if she needed a ride to school.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial her number to inform her about my arrival. It rings once before its rejected and the "call ended" icon flashes on the screen.

That's strange.

I try again ten times over but the same thing keeps happening. Maybe she's sick and doesn't need a ride?

I decide to drive to her house anyway, thinking the denied phone calls are just a misunderstanding.

I drive through the hood before finally reaching her property and waste no time, heading straight for the front door.

'Paise!' I bang on the door harshly after she doesn't reply.

I walk around the house and peer through the windows, trying to see if she's inside. I can't see anything suspicious so I reluctantly trudge back to my car after checking the whole premises and drive away from the neighborhood.

Why did she ignore my calls? Why wasn't she at home? Who else could've possibly driven her?

My frantic thoughts are interrupted by my phone ringing loudly. I immediately dive for it, in the hopes that Paise finally called me back, but I'm disappointed as Sean's name flashes on the screen.

'What?' I ask, getting straight to the point. My friends and I don't bullshit with "hello" and "how are you?".

'You owe me a ride,' Sean says matter-of-factly.

I suck in a sharp breath and shake my head although he can't see me.

'If anything, you owe me. Who took you home last week when you were higher than a kite?' I snap.

'Who helped you desperately try to win over your crush that doesn't even like you back?' He retorts back.

I feel anger build up inside of me as I register Sean's words. I release a heavy sigh and cave, knowing it's partly true. If she did like me then why would she go out to the movies with Ashton anyway?

'I'll be over sooner than you can say "Landon's hotter than me", so you better leave before I drive away,' I warn, making a left turn into Sean's neighborhood just ahead from Paise's.

'You know that's bullshit, right?' Sean laughs hysterically. I roll my eyes and end the call, knowing I'm right and he's wrong.

I get to Sean's house within two minutes. He surprisingly obeyed me and ran out of his house at the beep of my car. He gets into the passenger side and frowns at me.