Chapter 1

'But why?!' She sobs pathetically.

'I already told you why! You bore me. You're not as... exciting as you used to be,' I tell her, a smirk playing on my lips.

Marisa immediately stops sobbing and looks at me straight in the eyes, her own blue ones getting noticeably darker.

'I can be exciting...' She whispers, making small circles on my shoulder.

I stare at her for a while. She is kinda hot...

'No, Marisa. We're finished. Good. Done for. Kapeesh,' I say sternly but happily.

'We're O-V-E-R. Over!' I yell, sounding out each letter.

And with that, I strut away from my ex, not bothering to look at her disgusting makeup and tear strewn face.

Popular. Attractive. Womanizer. Landon Reeves, you're still The Man.

I walk into the hallway, earning a few stares from the girls and a couple of approving nods from the guys. I make my way over to my locker to lock up my bag.

'Aye, Landon. I heard you dumped Marisa,' one of my friends, Kyle hollers from behind me. He is holding a black drink bottle, probably containing alcohol or something. He's such a crazy party animal.

'Yeah I did,' I reply nonchalantly.

'This stupid locker,' I mumble to myself as I fumble with my lock. This school can't even get proper lockers?

'What the hell man? She was so hot!' He complains, lightly punching my shoulder.

'Yeah, but I'm over her. She's so prissy and annoying,' I sigh.

'Can I have her then?' He asks casually before taking another swig from his bottle. I look at my friend incredulously before shrugging my shoulders after shortly realizing I didn't give a shit.

'She's all yours.'

'Really, dude?' Kyle says, raising an eyebrow at me.

'Yeah. You can have her,' I repeat, making my way to my homeroom class.

'Oh, and by the way, whatever you do to her I've done it first!' I yell over my shoulder. He swears at me but I just walk off, smiling.

Oh, that's what I forgot. Where's Paise? I suddenly remember as I stand outside my class. The bell rings, signaling the commencement of homeroom. Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'll catch her later.

I walk into homeroom, dapping a few of my friends and winking at a couple of girls before making my way to my seat. Did I mention I was the hottest and most popular guy at school?

The teacher rambles on about something as usual, but I don't pay attention, as usual.

'Okay students, we have a new student joining us today,' Mrs Marie announces out of the blue.

Who comes almost at the end of the year?

The class continues bickering amongst themselves and I go back to boredly staring out the window.

'Students, silence please! Show a little more respect to our newcomer, Ashton Bailey.'

The class is unusually quiet for a while so I decide to see what's making them silent all of a sudden. I look up and see the new boy. I squint at him. He looks familiar...

He has tousled brownish blonde hair, deep dimples and bright blue eyes. I've seen those eyes before, but where?

I finally give up after a few seconds of deep thought, not caring anymore.