"Man," Liam said in astonishment. "I mean, not that I'm calling you a man. I just... wow. Never would've guessed."

"Yeah," Heather said, "I mean... you look so much like a girl."

Cindy smiled slightly. "Thank you. I guess... the reason for that is, I've had this condition called gynecomastia - a severe case of it. It happens a lot in guys going through puberty. Your hormones go out of whack, and it made my body look a lot more like a girl's."

"It wasn't just your appearance Cindy," Izzy said, "you just always have seemed like a girl. To me anyway."

"I've felt more at ease here than I have anywhere else in like, the past year," Cindy said. "I didn't have to hide my chest, or my interest in mermaids... I could just be... me. It helped me discover I was a trans girl."

"So we're the reason why you're trans?" Liam asked.

Cindy thought for a moment. "Well, I feel looking back like there was always a really feminine side of me. I always wanted to be a mermaid. And you guys were the ones that brought her out."

Lucy pulled herself up out of the pool, and let out a sigh. "I'm really glad that you feel comfortable here Cindy. I'm glad that you feel like you trust us enough to tell us about this."

"Thanks," Cindy said.

Lucy sighed again. "But... I just feel a bit peeved that you didn't tell us the truth when you first came."

"I was scared," Cindy said. "I didn't see any guys on your page. And I felt self conscious about how I looked. If I'd come as a guy, I would've had to wear a t-shirt, and it would've hurt..."

Lucy nodded. She still looked slightly upset, but like she understood. "I guess I need to update the page more... I just was a bit scared at the stared. I was afraid I'd let a mervert come."

Cindy cringed, deeply.

"I'm sorry," Lucy said, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just... I was talking to someone with no real account, claiming to be a teenage girl who wanted to get in on our friend group."

Cindy looked down in shame. "I'm sorry I lied Lucy."

Lucy was about to get up, then remembered she had her tail on. "Darn thing. These things aren't always great."

Cindy smiled a bit.

"Come closer," Lucy asked her.

Cindy obliged, and Lucy gave her a hug. "But you weren't anything like I feared. You're an awesome girl. To say it the mermaid way, you're super fintastic!"

Cindy giggled. "Thanks."

Her other friends agreed similar to Lucy. Cindy was their friend, and they didn't care that she'd once been a boy.

"Oh!" Liam said. "I almost forgot!"

He wriggled out of his tail, and then went over to the pool chair he normally put his stuff on. He got out his phone, and a few moments later, Cindy heard a chime from her swimming bag.

Seeing Liam's grin, Cindy opened her own bag. It felt almost like opening a Christmas present.

When she opened her phone, she found that he'd sent her a text.

When she saw what he'd sent, her heart swelled, and she let out a giddy squeal. It was a picture of her, drawn somewhat like a Disney mermaid.

 It was a picture of her, drawn somewhat like a Disney mermaid