~Chapter 9~

Making his way down the familiar dirt road that leads to the pack lands he once turned his back on, Marcus could only take in the sights with a sullen heart.  The guilt of leaving far out weighing the feelings of lost nostalgia trying to squeeze their way out of his memories.   His best friend and partner on the force, Jacob was still passed out.  'Thanks so much for the company you ass' Marcus mumbled lowly to himself.

"Your welcome jerkface."  Jacob having of course heard everything opened his eyes and flashed Marcus his best smile. "Asshole you fell asleep not five minutes after leaving my driveway!!" Marcus laughed to his partner.  "Yeah well..." Marcus only looked to Jacob, what could he possibly have to say for his excuse this time. " yeah well...yeah I got nothing.  Sorry dude don't hate the player hate the game...or whatever."  Marcus couldn't help but laugh, tears filling his eyes "What?!! Jacob are you even awake?"
"Ha HA HA very funny you know how I get when woken up.  Damn my mate better love to sleep or I truly think I'm doomed." Jacob looks to Marcus only getting a slight nod of his head in agreement.  Marcus can't lie, the idea of spending the day in bed with his mate does sound very appealing.  Jacob couldn't help smelling the sudden rise in alpha pheromones.
"Dude tone down the alpha man.  What's gotten into you!" said as not to ask but state the obvious.

"Sorry man not sure what's going on.  Once we got in this area a alot of memories and shit hit me at once.  Sorry dude."
"Hey no Marcus I get it.  If I'm being honest my wolf is kinda acting weird right now too.  It's like he's found food or something.  The poor guy must be hungry for something good I tell you that."  Jacobs smile turning up into that devilish grin as his eyes turn dark.  His wolf was ready to come out and play. 
"Jacob dude your shifting control yourself.  What the hell man get it together." Marcus punches Jacob in the shoulder, not hard but enough to snap the man beside him out from changing and refocus again. "Holy crap dude...shit..what the hell did I just do?"
"It's okay Jacob your cool now yeah?  you got your wolf back under control? are we good?"
"Yeah...yeah sorry I'm good.  Not sure what that was but wow okay.  Dude your town is beautiful and all but...wow man okay"
Jacob looks out the passenger side window of Marcus' truck trying to reign in the last of his wolf.  Using the new sights of the pack town was definitely helping.
     Marcus wasn't convinced yet that his partner was okay.  Jacob could be weird at times.  Especially after his wolf made an appearance.  Since Jacob grew up an alpha yet not in a pack, he sometimes has a hard time focusing his brain back to human.  When you grow up pack they teach you these things.  Jacob however grew up in the system until he was 12 then fostered and finally adopted by a loving lone wolf and his mate.
"Well I don't know about you Marcus but I think my mate is in your pack.  Would explain the tent in my pants that is just now going down. Thanks buddy your naked body visuals did the trick nicely" Jacob laughed as he patted Marcus shoulder.
"Dude what the hell, and nice to have you back asshole."
"Nice to be back jerkface. So we getting close to your parents place or what?" trying to change the subject.
"You mean the alpha and luna's house, then yes he are actually here" Marcus announces as he pulls into the driveway. 

......................

    Jacob has seen houses but damn this was huge.  His eyes were bulging out of his handsome model face as he looked right and left at the stunning work of art.  The alpha and luna residence was truly a sight.  Nestled behind the view of the surrounding mountains and forest sat the two storey wonder.  Marcus told him that it was built by his grandfather for his grandmother when they first meet.  It was a gift for her after their mating ceremony. "Damn dude your grandfather has set some high standards for you.  I wouldn't tell your future luna about that...*laughing out-loud* he might want you to build a damn castle."  Marcus of course laughed along, but internally cringing at the thought of having to build anything.  He's a cop and a damn good one too, he knew nothing when it came to the handy man life or as Jacob calls it "knowing how to fix shit."