Chapter 15

It was midnight and it had truly been along day for the three people now huddled together around a small fire keeping warm from the nights sudden cold snap.  Dr. Lee was starting to get nervous.  She knew she had just enough time to reveal some rather important news.  However it seemed more and more like fate had other plans for her and the two younger wolves she had in her care at the moment.  She considered herself rather adept at ready her dreams correctly.  Shes  a rather old elf now, and she would feel remist if all of this hard work and battles would just end up meaning nothing in the end.  She had a mission to do and it was about time she committed to it and sought it through to the end.  It was her time soon and she was ready to be free of this world, but not until she prepared her young grandson for the road ahead.  This was her last few hours and she just hopes that the future will be better.

     Jacob couldn't take his eyes off of his beautiful mate.  He truly felt blessed to have Casper as his mate.  It doesn't matter that his mate seems to have a lot of baggage.  In a way it kinda makes his wolf happier.  This is someone that will need his protection and love, and Jacob is more then happy to be the one that gets to give it to Casper.  He had yet to truly hold his mate in any kind of romantic or loving embrace.  The only time that he did hold his mate was because Casper was passed out in his arms from a rather traumatic experience.  Its not like he has had the time to express his love and respect for his mate yet.   He continues to stare at his new love oblivious to the rather unsubtle coughing from the older elf across from him.

"Dear it truly warms my heart to see that your so enamered with my grandson but to you think you could pay attention for like 5 minutes before the world completely falls apart?"  Dr. Lee sassed to Jacob as she was getting rather flustered.
Casper laughed to himself and then something clicked.

"wait did you say that I'm your grandson?"
"Finally someone is ready to listen, we really don't have much time left..."  Dr. Lee gets up and paces as she continues to mumble to herself.

Time is almost up the wolves are almost at the door.

"Listen boys i thought i had more time, that we had more time together Casper but im afraid my time is about to be up"
Casper could hear the seriousness of her tone and tears started to flood his eyes.
"Wait no, no more i cant take anymore"  the boy started to cry louder.   The sudden distress of his mate had Jacob in full protective mode as he pulled Casper's frail body into his, cocooning him in his protective bubble.

     It was Jacob that first smelt something was off with their surroundings.
  " You smell them don't you Jacob?"
"Dr.Lee whats happening,  i can smell so many wolves, but they....they don't smell right almost like they are decaying or rotting." 
    Seeing the shock on the doctors face had Jacob seriously nervous and his wolf at full attention.  This is a woman, for all Jacob knows,  is a person who can't be shocked she just seems to always have the answers to all of those unanswered questions.  At least that's what he remembers about her from his childhood. 
"Dr.Lee are you okay? whats wrong?" Casper nervously asks the older woman that he has now learned is his grandmother.
Dr. Lee softly smiles to her grandson and walks over to him, she wraps her arms around the boy and just takes the moment to hold the boy she only got to hold once as a baby, and that was under rather tragic circumstances.   She looks directly into Casper's eyes as she gets ready to say goodbye.

" Oh my sweet angel i wish we could've had more time, there is so much for me to explain to you and for you to understand about who you are and were you come from.  Alas I am out of time, only minutes dear just a few more minutes left."  Casper was confused to say the least.  Why is she saying things like shes giving up.  He remembers his mothers words when he saw her at that special place in his dreams.  She told him he would have love and peace with his mates and family.  This didn't sound like love and peace to Casper, it sounded more like pain and despair.