~Chapter 3~

There was a crisp cool fall breeze in the Sunday morning air as confident cheery girl with long red hair and bright big smile and undeniable fashion sense made her way to the alphas house.  It wasn't along trip as the pack lands weren't that large.  The pack was surround by mountains and a large lake.  It was far enough away from the big city, keeping the small mountain pack town safe.  She was on a mission today given to her by the alpha himself.  As a new beta this was the best news for the young wolf.  Having the alphas trust was a major head held high moment for her and nothing could bring down her mood.   Arriving at the alphas house she knocked 3 times as always and then walked in.  The alphas home was her second home being Casper's' best friend since the age of 5 had it's perks.  Greeting the luna or Cassandra as she now calls her, the young beta makes her way to the alphas office and knocks on the large oak door, but this time waits for the okay to come in as this is the alphas office and that means business and you show respect.  Just walking into a an alphas domain without permission would be seen as a hostile act and her alpha is a very big and very muscled wolf, there's no way Alley wants to test that.  Hearing the okay to enter Alley walks into the large office decorated to the max by the luna no doubt.  Lots of hunting trophies mixed with soft flowers gives away the touch from the luna.
"Did you get it Alley Cat" the alpha stands as the young beta walks over to his desk.  Allison has gone by Alley or Alley Cat since Casper gave her the nickname in grade 5 when he found a stray kitten with orange hair.  The kitten reminded Casper so much of his spunky best friend, so from that day on Casper always called her Alley Cat and it just stuck.

    Alley pulls out two small boxes that were hidden away from prying eyes in her leather side satchel.  "Yes alpha...umm..I mean Jonah sir."  Alley has earned the rank of family over the years but still sometimes finds it hard not to introduce and speak to the alpha solely as her alpha, instead of the father of her best friend.  She hands over the two small boxes and glances to her alpha "Jonah do you think it will work" she asks pretending to look puzzled as to what he might have done, knowing full well he touched the kitchen after receiving a call from a laughing Casper telling her all about the pancake kitchen disaster events from a few days before and how we gave away the whole thing not meaning to rat out his daddy.  Of course the alpha could never be mad at his pup for such a cute mistake especially after his wife told him about the pouty face he made once realizing he outted his daddies crime.  That's why he gave this task to the young beta, normally he would rely on Casper's help when he needed to grovel and beg forgiveness to his luna.  The alpha wanted to get something this time for them both.
"I sure hope so" the alpha laughs with Alley before making his way out of the office the beta closely walking behind.
"Well I'm sure she will love it and forgive you"
"Oh Jonah sir what about the other necklace is that a gift for Casper?" Alley asks looking at her alpha as they both leave his office.  "Yes the other necklace is for Casper's birthday, i want him to have the same as his mommas, that way they both now there hearts are connected with mine."  The alpha lifts his sleeve and slides his watch up his wrist to show Alley the small heart tattoo he got as a kid.  "It's the same heart on the necklace right?"
"Yes that's right Alley Cat good eye' and thank you again for retrieving these for me, you will make an excellent beta someday for Marcus when he takes over" the alpha pats her on the back and leaves to gravel to his wife and beg for his sex life back.

                                    ...........................................................

   It was noon and Casper was finally waking up for the day, with his momma back home protecting her kitchen there was no loud banging at ungodly early hours.  Casper yawned softly and rubbed his eyes open looking to his left to see Alley starring at him as he slept.  "AaaAAhhhhahah geez.."*thump**  Casper's words are cut off as he's literally scared out of bed rolling onto the floor in a tangle of sheets and blankets by the sight of his best friend Alley's face right next to his first thing in the morning.  Getting up off the floor and untangling himself from his sheets, groaning about a sore bum Casper gets back onto the bed and gives Alley his best pouty face hoping to maybe get back under the comfy fluff of his blankets.  It truly is a sight that no one can resist.   That is except for Alley. "Don't give me that pout mister you know it doesn't work on me now get up and lets go we have some birthday shopping to do.  Casper groans, he hates shopping, its so boring and very unnecessary when you have amazon.  Since they lived in a small pack town that ment they had to go to ClearCreek which was a bigger human town about an hours drive away.  Plus all the people.  Sighing once more knowing he can't win over the power and might that is his Alley Cat, he gets up glancing at Alley as she seems to be preoccupied with a text and makes his way over to the built in washroom his daddy installed a few years back when he told him that he was a man now and needed privacy.  He was 14 and not a man yet, by any means, but his daddy obliged him as he could never say no to his little pup when he showed his independence. "Okay Alley Cat ggive me 20 mminutes to wake up aand shower I-I will meet you downstairs when I'm dressed" Casper smiles again to himself, another successful conversation with barely any stuttering.  Since the conversation he had a few days ago with his momma, Casper's stuttering has been showing considerable decline. 
"Casper your stuttering is getting so much better I'm so proud of you my bud.'  so proud"  Alley hugs her still groggy friend kissing his cheek and then with a big slap to his bum "And happy birthday sexy now get in that shower and lets get this Birthday started right"  laughing while pushing a now even pouter Casper towards his bathroom.  Casper looks to his friend how is now back to texting on her phone and smiles wondering if his Alley Cat has a secret admirer then turns around rubbing his sore bum as he closes the door.