~Chapter 4~

After getting out of his very long and very hot shower, Casper felt clean and fresh and ready to make his birthday the best yet.  He was just tired of being hidden, closed off and missing out on what life wanted him to see.  Using his extra soft baby blue cotton towel Casper started to dry off his body looking in his full length mirror his daddy put in years back with his new bathroom.  Looking over his body he patted his soft skin.  He didn't have crazy muscles like the rest of his male pack members, and definitely not like his daddy or even grandpa.  However you could still see muscle.  Casper stood at six feet even.  His sandy brown hair was cut short on the sides and back and left a little long and shaggy at the top so that his bangs would fall just below his bright sky blue eyes.  He has a small nose and fair sized lips that make for a good pout when needed.  His skin was smooth and without a blemish for head to toe.  Except for the odd freckle here or there Casper's skin was perfectly smooth and soft.  The best way Casper liked to describe himself is that he had a dancers body.  Not to much muscle but just enough to make the already adorable Casper look even cuter.   Going into his closet Casper looked around for the right things to wear settling on his hoodie and a nice fit pair of black jeans.  Tying up his converse and giving himself on last look in the mirror,  Casper looked at himself sternly "You can do it...for momma" he said softly to his reflection and pulled the hood part off his head now showing to people the cute handsome boys face for the first time, open for everyone to see.  Before his second thoughts could escape and force him to pull the hood back up he smiled and walked downstairs to meet Alley and start his birthday.
    The first to see Casper as he decended the stairs was unfortunately his momma and she all but balled her eyes out as he approached her. "Momma?" Casper asked slowly walking towards her. "Your...y-your not wearing your hood, my handsome boy, Oh your momma is so happy, Oh this is such a great day" she's rambling on as she wipes her happy tears away.  "Where's your daddy?  Oh we need pictures" his mother starts babbling letting go of Casper as she runs around the house trying to find a camera, a phone, something to record this miracle.  Casper takes this as his cue to get out before the hundreds if not thousands of pictures are taken.  Casper dashes outside only to be stopped by Alley taking a picture with her phone. "Evidence" she simply states and gets into her car.  Casper chuckles and then gets into the car only to be startled by the man in the back seat. "Um Alley Cat wwhy is hhhe here?" looking at the man in the back seat then over to Casper. "Well honey bunny you remember Bobby right?" Casper nods his head, of course he remembers the boy that threw sand at his face and made him cry,  but he also remembers Alley Cat making him pee his pants so he starts to snicker.  "I remember Alley Cat, you mmade hhim pee his pppants"  the man in the back just rolls his eyes and huffs not wanting to remember that particular day.  "Ya sorry little bunny, i was kind of a jerk back then" he pats the side of Casper's seat "We cool little bunny?" Casper can only nod getting all red faced only seeing him as the handsome man calling him little bunny now that all past mistakes have been forgiven.  Letting the boys get that awkward moment over with Alley continues "So as i was saying, Casper honey, this tall drink of muscles in the back is my mate."  Smiling Casper only nods, he'd figure that Bobby had to be her mate.  One, he was in her car and Two, he had called Casper a nickname and she didn't flinch or show her defensive over protective beta side.  So Casper would except being Bobby's little bunny because he knew, through his Alley Cat, he now has another best friend forever.

                                 ...........................................................

     To say that Casper was nervous was an understatement to say the least.  The young wolf was petrified.  So many questions now swirling around in his head.  Casper's brain was starting to feel like jello, squashy strawberry jello.  He laughed to himself, his momma puzzled as to what was so funny inside that head of his, as she finished the final touches on her pups hair.  "All done my sweet angel, you look so handsome, I'm so proud of you and the man you are growing up to be."  Casper couldn't help but cry a few tears when his momma said those words.  It was important for Casper to get that grown up praise from his parents.   Even though he was really shy, he craved some independence and trust that he's a man now and can go after his dreams.  Maybe with his daddy close by just incase.  Looking in the mirror Casper smiles into his mommas eyes as his daddy pulls a small red box out of his pocket and places it in his pups hands.  "Happy Birthday My Son"  he proudly states and hugs Casper tight.  Casper holds on to his daddy taking in his scent before sitting back down to open the surprise gift.  Cautiously, not to ruin the box, Casper slides open the top and reveals and very thin silver chain.  His daddy picks up the chain and begins to fasten it behind Casper's neck telling him of the meaning behind the pendant heart at the bottom. "You see that son, that heart is the same as your mommas and its the same as mine." lifting his sleeve so that his pup can see the small heart tattoo on his wrist.  Casper and his momma are both teary eyed at this point as his daddy goes on "No matter what comes to you in the future i want you to know that your momma and i have your heart and you can always come to us whenever and for whatever you might need, and our hearts will always been there to connect with yours."  Casper stands and hugs his parents so tightly.  He feels love he is loved, there is no better birthday gift then that.
     Enjoying in the happy mood Casper decides to ask if his big brother Marcus will be coming to his birthday and change ceremony.   The  alpha can only shake his head and say "sorry" making up some excuse for his oldest pup as to why Marcus would not be coming. " I'm sorry pup but he's a busy man, you know he would be here if he could he's a big city cop and has to many bad guys to catch."   That was news to Casper, its not like he's seen his brother Marcus or even remembers him after the accident.  He did hope that he would come though,  for some reason Casper couldn't help the yearning feeling for Marcus.  Was it just for a brother he didn't know, or was it something more.  That was something he didn't know and it was something he needed his big brother here to find out.  So Casper only nods his head trying not to be sad on his special day.  Things got quiet, no one sure of just want to say after the topic of Marcus coming home is brought up.  That is until Alley bursts into the open room proclaiming that the night was ready to begin.

                               ........................................................

     The celebration was in full swing, the pack all together to celebrate the end of the lunar fall festival and the birth of the alpha and lunas pup.  Jonah stood tall and in full alpha mode as he made his way over to the stage that would host the transfer of Casper's human form to his wolf for the first time.  The pack started to quiet down as their alpha walked up to the mic and greeted his pack.
"Good evening and Happy Lunar Fall Festival to you all.  We are here tonight on for a very special occasion for the Smoke family as our youngest pup is about to receive his wolf for the first time.   So i would like you all to welcome to the stage Omega Casper Smoke everyone."  The pack erupts in applause surprising the young wolf.  He didn't realize so many people around him loved and cared for him as they hollered out encouraging words to the shy omega.   Casper walked over and stood next to his alpha, wearing his robes of change which was essentially just a thin white robe as the change would rip any clothes he would be wearing.  He lifted his head high and looked to his alpha then to the pack.  "My name is Casper Smoke and I thank you all for you support tonight."  The crowd again erupts in applause everyone knows how Casper is a shy stutterer.  Today though he held his head up high and spoke clear and without a stutter.  Everyone cheered on.  His daddy beside him and his momma behind them both.  Then the first sign of the change hit Casper's body and the force knocked him down to the floor of the stage.  Casper's screams and cries could be heard, under the cheers of the pack encouraging him, like his alpha beside him to accept the pain and let yourself change.  Casper felt every bone break and realign to form new bones sweat pouring down his body as he rips of the robe.   Fur as white a new fallen snow begin to take shape across his body.  With a thunderous roar that shook the stage the boy completed his shift.   The sight before the pack was truly a marvel.  Not a word was spoken as they all looked to the wolf in wonder.  He was absolutely beautiful.  Large sky blue coloured eyes pierced through the contrast of his soft white fur making Casper look almost mythical and angelic.  The omega wolf trotted over to his alpha looking for that parental feeling.  The alpha bent down and hugged his wolfed out son and allowed the wolf to scent mark him as his father before moving on to his luna.  Again scent marking her as his mother giving her a few yips in satisfaction when she scratched his between his ears and told him how beautiful he was.  With his wolf satisfied with having found his family and pack Casper began to change back.   The stress being to much for the human side of him to take, he laid sleeping soundly on the stage.  As his father took off his shirt and placed it over his sons naked body, he lifted him up and tightly held the sleeping pup to his bare chest.  "It seems my pup has passed out from the change as I'm sure we can all understand,  the luna and I will be taking him home now so that he can rest.   Please all of you enjoy the festival end and the birthday celebrations."  With his final words the crowd went back to the parties as the alpha and luna made their way home. 

    Once home the alpha placed his sleeping pup in bed and cuddled around him as his wife did the same on the other side.   After a change, it was important for an omega to have his father or alpha to wake up to.  There scent being strong enough for the omega to forget the pain and except the change to wolf.  It was maybe an hour into the family's rest that Casper woke up screaming. "ahhhhahahh .....it hurts..aaahhh daddy it hurts" Casper kept screaming and holding his head tightly in his hands scaring his parents as they tried to calm him down not understanding what was happening. "Baby boy"
"Casper honey whats wrong what hurts" his momma begging, crying in fear for her son.  The alpha holding onto his son as he screams and cries for his daddy to take the pain away.  Then the scream stops just as suddenly as it began.  Casper's temperature started getting really high.  For a brief second it was like time stopped.  The alpha  and luna just looked at their son and then giant white wings shot out of the boys back.  They were only there for a few seconds but it was long enough for the alpha to know exactly what was going on.  Casper immediately passed out again as soon as the wings returned having gone through a second change.   Jonah looks to Cassandra as she speaks to him. "Jonah does this mean what I think it means?" "Yes Cass I'm not sure how this is possible but he is a royal."  Thinking about what this will mean for her son she looks dead in her husbands eyes.  Cassandra knows what happened to the royals.  She knows how greetful she is that her husband made it home after the massacre.  She knows the pain it caused him and she knows that this time the stakes are so much higher for her family.  Now Casper is involved. 
"Call Marcus get him home right now.  Jonah its time for him to get over the past and come home.  You will need is help, Casper will need all the protection he can get" those words were said with finality and Jonah understood.  Cassandra laid back down with her pup wrapping him in her arms.
The alpha signed and he took out his phone from his pocket looked up his oldest pups name and called his son.