Chapter59- Heartbreak

Começar do início

Ashi: (to Rohit) Is she alright?
Rohit: y'think?! Obviously not. It's been two years... but I had no other way.
Ashi: (just nodding in understanding)

Jaan: so... you broke up with Ananya?
Rohit: yeah.
Avu: but why?
Rohit: I don't know yaar. Just felt right.

Ananya POV

"Vo tujhe chor dega!"
The words of my real mother ringing in my head the first day I'd introduced Rohit to her.
Two years ago, before Rohit's company was this big. When we had our first date at a small cafe, if called her that night.
And she said that he would leave me. I quarreled with we for days, refused to talk to her, broke all contact.

And she was absolutely correct.

He really left me.
All alone.

I stare down at the gold earrings with the blue gem embedded in it.
All these years that we were together, were all just a lie!

How! How could he do such a thing to me!
(Picking up the phone and dialing a number, a high pitched and heavily accented female voice replied from the other side)
Girl: He left you didn't he.
Ananya: (the tears flowing uncontrollably) h-how do you-
Girl: I know, that the next time you ever called either me or mom, would be when Rohit would leave you.
Ananya: (sobbing) I-I'm sorry Sister. I was stupid and blind. I'm so-
Girl: shh. We waited for just this day when you'd come to your senses.
Do you need me to come pick you up?
Ananya: Y-You'd do that?
Girl: we're family sis. The only ones we can trust.
Ananya: You were right all along. Rohit is a git! I hate him!
Girl: calm down. I won't let your betrayal go unreturned. After all, that's what makes my name Riza Misra!
(Cuts the call)

—I will not stare you Rohit.
I will make you beg for mercy and forgiveness. I will make your eyes watery with tears and make you beg to come back to me!
Otherwise, my name is not Ananya Misra! —
~~~

Jaan POV
(Afternoon, somewhere around teatime. Avu is rather distressed as she fills Sana's bowl but only to find the mischievous furry animal missing)

Avu: hey Jaan... have you seen Sana?
Jaan: no. Why?
Avu: I can't find her anywhere! And it's her snack time! She NEVER misses snack!
Jaan: oh...

(Avu walking into the corridor)
Avu: SANA! Sana! Where are you little girl...
(Checking many floors as she goes up and down the stairs, calling out the kittens name)
(Avu meeting up with Jaan after a while if searching)
Jaan: any luck?
Avu: no. Can't find her anywhere!
Jaan: There's only one last place we haven't checked yet.
Avu: (panting) where?
Jaan: 7th floor. Rohit's office.
Avu: but she can't be there...
Jaan: we've checked everywhere else. It's our last hope.
Avu: alright... let's go check.

(The girl's start heading to the elevator only to be stopped by Hasnain.)
Hasnain: hey girls... is there's a problem?
Avu: um... We just wanted to see Rohit for a second.
Hasnain: I'm sorry Avneet, but that won't be possible right now... he has a very important meeting. And he gets very mad when someone interrupts.
He'll be done in half an hour. No worries.
(Adnaan starts running up to them, panting)
Adnaan: Avneet! You are requested immediately in room 309.
Avu: oh... alright I'll be there.
Adnaan: And Ms. Zubair... I would like a word with you.
Jaan: sure. (Avu waving to Jaan as she walks off, leaving Jaan with the two)
Jaan: (to Avu) I'll catch up to you.

Adnaan: come with us. (Leading her down to the corridor)
— We go down quite a few corridors, taking lefts and rights, with quite a few people shooting knowing smiles at Adnaan and Hasnain as they lead me into a room.
As strange as the situation already seemed to me, it just got stranger.
The room they took me into is completely empty, just a few chairs and tables and a camera at the end. Much like a classroom set.