Author's Note (Important)

So, I have a million things I want to say and some of them y'all won't like.

First, I can't help but laugh at how many people were surprised by the "plot twist" at the beginning of the book. Dozens were shocked by Wild Cat being related to the Wild Kratts. I honestly thought it was the most obvious thing ever, but I guess that has to do with the fact that I wrote the book.

Second, It's been almost exactly two years since I first joined Wattpad, and this book came not long after, so... Yay for this book lasting two years!

Third, I find it unbelievable the support I've gotten while writing this. I love reading everyone's comments (I read every single one), and it's fun seeing what people think of the story and seeing how you all interact with each other. Your comments and constructive criticism have helped me to develope my writing into what it is today, and I thank you all.

Now, the parts you won't like...

As I previously mentioned, I started writing this book two years ago. At the time I was experimenting with different styles, and I decided to try writing what I'd imagined a long time before, but from a second person point of view so you could see things how I saw them in my mind.

But as of late, trying to write this feels like that one work project you don't want to do, and I keep trying to find excuses not to write. What started off as a way to relieve stress and try out my new passion turned into something I dreaded. I haven't been in this fandom for well over a year, and I can't bring myself to try and revive a story when my heart isn't in it anymore.

When I began, I wasn't expecting this book to grow so much. I was thinking it'd just be another thing collecting dust in the vast expanse of Wattpad stories. But, to my surprise, it quickly turned into my most popular work. Then I started to feel obligated to update frequently. The more I wrote, the less ideas I had, until I was just entirely winging it. Granted, that's what I normally do, but not to the extent that the words I put on the page feel like random events that don't move the plot forward or help characters develope.

I've decided that, after this adventure I started, I'm going to discontinue the book. Hopefully I can come up with a good ending and this story can go out with a bang.

I'm planning on creating a separate book where, if I'm feeling particularly inspired, I can put little short stories and other mini adventures featuring the characters you love. I can't guarantee I'll update frequently, but I can still update.

With that, I'm going to give the announcement that the next (and possibly final) chapter of the story will come out on December 25, 2020. Consider it a Christmas present.

Sincerely,
Katrina 101010