Untitled Part 15

Halle took a deep breathe as she tried calming her self down. Pissed wasn't the word she thought throughly thinking of her next move.

This grimy ass nigga... he really stole from me Halle told herself as she recounted the money she kept stored in her steel safe. Something told her to check on her money after noticing how weirdly Joe had been acting.If it was one thing that she had learned growing up money was the number one reason a person would switch up. She had seen it first hand with her own mother, not to mention that Joe just wasn't acting like himself and when a man starts moving funny best believe something is up. Joe was keeping something from her and it made Halle feel like she couldn't trust the nigga. He was becoming a liability and now he was stealing from her and her soon to be child. Yeah he got the right bitch Halle stormed to her bedroom and opened up her MacBook that laid on her bed she was about to find out exactly who this nigga had been talking too and texting. That was the only reason why she still had Joe on her phone plan for shit like that. Otherwise he would be on a cheap track phone plan.. the nigga didn't like paying bills.

Halle quickly logged into her t-mobile online account and pulled up Joe's phone logs. First thing she noticed was the recent outbound calls to a 716 number. Then she noticed the frequency of back and fourth text messages that particular number had with Joe. Yeah something wasn't right her instant thought was a bitch but Joe was doing so bad, who the fuck would want him? I just know this man not trying act like he up with my bread splurging on a hoe.

Halle could feel herself getting upset so she had to make sure she was right before jumping to conclusions. Logging into her work site she quickly typed in the number into the police database and low and behold it wasn't a bitch Joe had been talking too. The number was linked to a man name Demontaye Jones a.k.a DEE. Halle had known exactly who he was. He was under investigation currently for a ton of robberies and even a couple murders. Dee wasn't any good, so what would Joe want with him? What would he need with the 25k? Come to think of it and where the fuck was Joe? She hadn't heard shit from his ass all day, now the money gone and he was just missing? Suddenly it just came to her, Halle wasn't a newbie to this street shit she knew exactly what was going on and it was gone fuck everything up. Joe paid Dee to get Vant killed. And he actually thinks he going to get away with this shit? Halle said to herself it was no way Joe could be this fucking dumb.

Suddenly the urge to vomit rushed through her body as she ran to her bathroom. This nigga literally made her sick to her stomach. Her hand cupped the cold white toilet rim and she through up her most recent meal. Fuck. Was all she could fathom thinking about the current predicament she was now in. Greg was already on her ass, this wasn't going to slide past him he was too on point with everything. So it wasn't like she could just let Vant get killed. Besides she had love for him her ending plan was never for him to be six feet under, behind bars? Maybe but that was a hell of a lot better than dead.

Halle slowly stood up and walked towards the sink. As she peered into the mirror she admired her reflection, shit instantly boosted her confidence. Okay think about this thoroughly she spoke out loud to herself. If Joe wasn't answering she would call Vant, maybe get him to get them a hotel for the night and lay low. Even better I'll get the hotel, set some little cute shit up and Vant won't think nothing of it. Halle knew without Vant they would be unable to fall through with there original plan. In the meantime she was going to find a way to set Dee up, he had to be riding dirty, not only that he had an active warrant for his arrest. A smirk crept across her face as she brushed her hair behind her ear taking one last look at herself. Blowing a kiss to herself as she walked off and back into her room.

To Greg: I have a hit on that Demontaye Jones and word is he riding dirty

Halle pressed the blue arrow and sent the message to her partner knowing he would be fully eager to arrest him with no hesitation. Then she dialed Vant's number and waited for him to answer. Her baby soft angelic voice came almost instantly after Vant picked up, she couldn't help it he had the effect on her.

"Hey baby so guess what'? she asked before even giving Vant a chance to speak

"Wassup Halle"? Vant countered aggressively, she could tell from the sound of his tone that something wasn't right. She almost wanted to abort the mission but it wasn't an option she needed physical eyes on him, she needed him with her right now.

"So I got us a telly and I was hoping that maybe we could just go duck off for the night, I've been so stressed with work and just pregnancy period I need a little breather with my favorite person in the world" she added trying to persuade him to agree. She knew whenever she mentioned the baby, or just pregnancy period Vant was all in so she silently praying that today would be no different.

Vant exhaled through the phone and it was apparent what his answer was going to be. "Look Halle not tonight it too much shit going on right now aight? Ima hit you back". Van t replied ending the call. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! Halle screamed. At this point shit was too late, Vant wasn't dumb he probably been peeped it was some funny shit going on, which mean he was already preparing himself for that. At this point her back was up against the wall. She had to protect herself first, which left only one outcome. Her eyes quickly closed as she brought her phone up to her face and pressed contacts. It seemed like the world stopped as she slowly swipped down looking for her partners number. Greg was going to have a field day with this one she thought pressing the call button. Fuck it she thought she had no other choice.