Chapter 4

Authors Note*
Before you get started this is a very short chapter that's most likely going to have you very anxious due to how it ended. Be patient with me I'll have chapter 5 updated tomorrow xoxo

"So your really rich huh"? Liv asked as she laid eyes on the beautiful guest house. From the outside she knew he was living well. But from the inside she knew he was living very well and comfortably. For a moment she got a bit jealous. To her, Vant had no idea had good he had it. He didn't know what the struggle was. Vant was born into money, he had it good since day one and it made Liv sick to her stomach. Here she was going from foster home to foster home, being raped and drugged. Liv didn't have one memory of being happy and it honestly just made her want to cry. To top it all off her parents were murdered before she ever got a chance to really get to know them. What made Vant better then her? She just didn't understand.

"I'm not rich, my dad is. That has nothing to do wit me tho, imma chase my own bag you feel me"?

"Yeah whatever". Liv replied scratching her arm vigorously.

"Yeah you right that shit ain't important, right now we need to get you straight. Have a seat". Vant said leading the way to his Italian leather sofa.

"Your not the boss of me, stop acting like you're my dad. I don't have a dad, I have me and that's all I need"! Liv said instantly irritated. She was having hot flashes, her skin felt like a million insects were crawling all over her and she just felt sick to her stomach.

"Most def not tryna be ya pops shorty. But you do need a lil guidance from the looks of it. How long you been on that shit"?

"Look, if you don't have no more I don't want to fucking talk about it, your annoying and I don't feel good. Don't you got a girl or something better to do"? Liv asked rudely.

"Nah a chick the last thing on my mind"

"Well you need to get one and maybe you wouldn't have so much time on your hands. I'm not no damn charity case, okay"?

"I don't think you're a charity case shorty. Nor do I expect to gain anything in return for helping you out. I know you got some shit with you. Been through some shit, seen some shit. You don't want to talk about it, cool. But here, we learn to trust. We build trust and maybe one day when you ready we can talk all about your past, and I'll just listen. Sometimes that's all the healing a person need, just to get it out so that they are able to move forward with they life. You feel me"? Vant said smoothly. For the first time since arriving Liv was quiet, she didn't have a response because what he said was so deep to her. It opened up emotions she didn't even know she had.

All of a sudden she felt sick to her stomach. "I need to" Liv said clutching  her stomach and cupping her mouth with the other hand.

"You need to what"? Vant asked alert. Before Liv was able to finish the rest of her sentence, she vomited right on his couch.

"Throw up" Liv said after she was finished. A look of embarrassment flushed her face.

"Look that's what happens when you coming off that shit. Don't even trip I'll get it cleaned up. In the meantime, how about, you go in the bathroom and clean yourself up, maybe sit in the tub for a lil bit".

"I don't have anything to put on" she replied quickly.

"I got chu you I'll have something sitting outside the bathroom door, just grab it when you done and let me know if you need anything. Everything else you will need should be in there already". Vant said getting up and going into the storage closet to take out some cleaning supplies.

                                       ****************************************

As Liv sat in the warm bubble bath all she could think about was crack. When her eyes were open it was painful how much she craved it, and when she closed them all she could see was her mouth around the crack pipe. Tears swelled her eyes and ran down her cheeks as she bit her lips. I should just end it, end it all. Then I won't hurt anymore I could be with them Liv thought referring to her parents. At that moment that was all she wanted was to be with her parents again and to not hurt any longer. She was tired of pretending to be strong. Tired of hoping for something better and never getting it. Tired of everything, to Liv her life was no longer worth living.

Liv slid her small feet down from the outer part of the jacuzzi tub. Slowly she sunk her head down underneath the water to the foot of the tub. Down at the bottom she hadn't realize how deep it actually was. A part of her was scared.

The other part just desperately craved peace. Visually she could see the white crescent ceiling and after a while everything just went black. Water attacked her lungs and prevented her from breathing. No matter how much she wanted to just sit up and catch her breathe, she didn't. Gradually the pain dissipated and fluorescent white lights clouded her vision. She could see what looked to be a silhouette of a man and woman. They were reaching out to her. Reaching up to grab their welcoming hands. It was then  she knew it was over, she was finally home.