Chapter 11

Vant admired the sunlight coming up into his view. It was his thing, every single morning he would watch the sunlight come up from the comfort of his bed and just think about all his goals and plans he needed to achieve for the day. Something like a ritual of his only difference about today is he was laying to a beautiful soul this morning. It wasn't like he couldn't wake up to beautiful faces on the daily, but this wasn't your average. This was Olivia and together they shared something unbreakable that couldn't just be found anywhere. No titles but believe it or not little Liv definitely had his heart. Vant gazed at Liv who was in a peaceful slumber, no worries or problems etched her face which was a dramatic difference from when he first laid eyes on her. She had graduated to happiness and that was all he ever wanted from the very first moment that the world had introduced them to one another. Vant then thought back to that chilly day in the park and silently thanked God for allowing him to be there to meet her that day. It had changed their lives for the better and he wouldn't change a thing.

Vant was even more proud of his self control most niggas would have took advantage of Liv and the fact that they slept together but not him. Everything wasn't about sex and to be honest he much rather fuck your mind a thousand times before he ever needed to make it physical. He knew Liv wanted him in the worst way, he enjoyed the chase actually. Especially coming from her but what Liv needed to know was that she was the catch. She didn't need to be chasing nobody but her goals and her bag. He had to instill that on her otherwise nobody else would. Vant thought about her telling him about her parents all night, how guilty she felt that she could know longer remember their faces or the only few memories that she had of them. It hurt his heart that he couldn't do anything for her about it. He knew how desperately she wanted to know them. I mean at her age, shit any age who wouldn't? Life was fucked up sometimes but he still admired how she never lost faith. The vibration and sound of his phone removed Vant from his thoughts. Looking over at the dresser he quickly noticed his baby mother calling. He figured it would only be a matter of time that she would especially after their short phone call from last night. Vant would have to make it up to her because regardless of what situation they were in he wanted to make sure she was genuinely happy because she was carrying his seed. It was important that woman was not stressed during that time, everything ultimately effected his child and he just didn't want that. Vant picked the phone up and eased out the bed to towards his personal bathroom to take his morning shit. That was how he started his day, watch the sunlight, gather his thoughts then take a shit and a shower. Like a boss.

"Wassup beautiful"? Vant spoke through the phone he knew that would put a smile on her face instantly. He could almost hear her beaming through the phone.

"You sound like your in a good mood" Halle responded she was in her kitchen frying some scrambled eggs with cheese. The smell of fresh arabic coffee brewing invading her nostrils. Wonder what bitch he was laid up with last night she thought grabbing a crisp white plate from the drainer and sitting it on the counter.

"I am actually, woke up feeling blessed. Let get together tonight I'll have something nice planned for you" Vant suggested.

"Yeah baby, let's do that. I'll call you when I get out of work" Halle replied with her scrunched up. Joe was walking down the hall towards the kitchen and her mood instantly changed. She couldn't stand his lazy broke ass. But she definitely didn't need him up in here ruining her entire morning because she overheard a conversation with her and Vant. This man was crazier then she thought and the sooner she closed this case, the sooner she would be able to handle her personal issues which involved Joe and washing her hands with his ass. Until then she would have to play her role.

*************************************************

Dee puffed deeply on the blunt as he watched the young thottie bob her head up and down on his pole. Life was good he was about to make the come up of his lifetime tonight and soon he would be 50k richer. Niggas wasn't fucking wit him now and soon he would on top of the game. Dee would bag any bitch he wanted just for the fun of it and just because he could. His current entertainment Jasmine was just a toy to him, he didn't take her serious. But he would hit her off and every now and then because her head game was phenomenal had a nigga feeling like the muthafucking president. That was the kind of confidence he needed today too, some strong shit. In a few hours he was about to blow that nigga Vant's top back and on top of the fifty bands he was to take as payment he was taking anything extra he found in his crib. He smiled thinking about how it easy it was to gather the information like where he lived. This hit was supposed to take months but quickly turned into weeks due to niggas being weak behind some bitches. That night he met Vant's little sister and the little shorty at a homecoming party he had found out everything he needed to know. Dee walked away from that situation smooth like he was out. Whole time waited until Vant left the party and followed the nigga home when he let his guards down the most. It was like taking candy from a baby, one of the most easiest jobs he had done so far. He laughed pushing Jasmine's head down further on his pole. It was on and popping, his phone trap phone rang and he quickly noticed Joe's number. Dee didn't save numbers it made shit to easy for feds if they ever had the opportunity to look through a nigga's phone. Hell nah he wasn't going down like they, them pigs was going to have to work for his.

"Yo" Dee said anxious.

"Yo you all ready for that surprise party tonight"? Joe said trying to speak in codes. It was law never in-trap yourself by saying too much on the phone.

"Nigga I got the balloons and they ready to be popped, ya feel me"? Dee replied referring to his 9mm that rested on the couch cushion beside him. Dee had always been trigger happy from a lil nigga. Death was like second nature to him he wasn't scared of shit, and had seen too much for death to even affect him. He still slept good every-night it was nothing.

"Aight cool just making sure shit straight. Ima prolly get witchu at like six go over a few things things then its on" Joe replied then ended the call. Dee flipped his phone shut as he prepared to release his seeds in Jasmines mouth. Nigga better have half my cut too he thought as referred back to the conversation, he noticed how Joe hadn't mentioned anything about his funds and that was a problem. It sent alerts going all through his mind and no nigga was about to have one up on him. Dee was a true savage the streets knew all about him and the wreck he caused. But the streets didn't know shit about Joe other than the fact that they was saying his bitch was police, Dee had only hoped it wasn't no truth to that because that a get a nigga put six foot under quick, no hesitations. Only thing Dee could do was keep his eyes on Joe and hope the nigga keep up his end on the deal otherwise he would have a bullet in his head just like ol boy.

***********************************************

"Any updates on the Dean case"? Greg Berry- Halle's partner asked as he typed on his MacBook. Halle scratched her head in annoyance. She always hated when Greg got to being Greg asking all these questions fucking shit up. What started as a job slowly just became a bit more personal. As much as she hated to admit it she didn't want to see Vant go down like what her division had planned for him. Vant was truly a good person just got mixed up with the wrong people. Halle pulled her chapstick from out her desk door and applied it.

"Greg its coming along, you know things like this takes time. What's the rush"? she inquired curiosity getting the best of her.

Greg adjusted the bifocals on his face and looked directly at Halle. He was on to her ever since she went undercover shit just wasn't adding up to him. Everything about her was different she went from such a serious strong hard worker to a slacker on top of that she never had anything to give him. Greg couldn't understand why his boss would make her team lead and she didn't do shit. She was bringing them down and it was no way he was having that.

"I'm just letting you know Halle Mr. Robinson is on our ass especially yours we been on this case for months and you still come up short every single month. The head supervisors want results and they want it asap, otherwise they're considering of choosing someone else that can get the job done. Just giving you the heads up Halle". Greg said with a grin on his face. "Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure Mr. Robinson asked to see you after lunch as well".

"Well thank you Greg enjoy your lunch". Halle said before exiting their small cubical space. I can't stand his fat white ass. She hadn't planned on eating lunch out but after that conversation there was no fucking way she eating lunch with his ass.