Chapter 3

That night Liv sat on her air mattress starring at the paper Vant had gave her with his number on it. He gave me his number; he really gave me his number. Why would he do that? Liv don't be stupid he wants something from you. Don't trust him or anybody else for that matter. Liv thought to herself folding the paper up and hiding it underneath her air bed. Trust issues was understatment. It was very hard to believe with the life she'd been enduring, that it was actually good genuine people still left. If so how come she never met them? Liv brushed the thought off and cupped her stomach that began to rumble. Thinking back she hadn't ate anything all day, usually she would eat at school because she knew it wouldn't be any meals waiting for her once she got home. It's not going to be nothing in here to eat as always, she thought opening the door to her room
and making her way down the hall to the kitchen.

Parker sat at the kitchen table nodding off into a sleep. Liv passed her and walked past her towards the fridge. Pulling it open only to find an old expired box of baking soda, a two litter of flat root beer and syrup which she felt like didn't belong in the fridge in the first place.

With the fridge still open she looked over on the counter to see it was a half loaf of bread left. Syrup sandwiches it is Liv thought grabbing the syrup out the fridge.

"You think I don't know you be fucking my man"? Parker said coming out of the sleep she was in. Her highness was wounding down and she was more than ready for another hit. Liv knew this because this was the outcome of it every time and Liv tried her best to stay away from her whenever she got this way. Today however she just ended up being hungry.

"I don't know what you're talking about Parker'. Liv said pouring syrup on two pieces of bread in a hurry. Parker was brutal and mean especially when she was coming off that stuff. Liv didn't want any parts and she couldn't believe that Toni had Parker thinking that she was the one leading him on. It disgusted her and made her skin itch. He was sick, Toni was fucking sick.

"You're a fast ass promiscuous little girl and you gone get yours believe that. Lucky that money good otherwise I would have been sent ya ass back where the fuck you came. Stay away from my man"!!!

'Your man"? Liv said laughing it was all she could do in this position. Here she was getting raped damn near every other night and all his crackhead wife could say was stay away from her man. Wow! "Your man is pedophile. Your man is a rapist and your man is a crackhead just like your ass"!!! Liv said relived to finally say that out loud instead of thinking it. It felt good and she didn't care about the consequences.

The look in Parker eyes were pure evil and she stood up and towered over Liv. "What the fuck did you just say to me bitch"!! Parker didn't leave room for Liv to respond as she sent blow after to blow to her face then stomach repeatly. Liv eyes swelled up in tears attempting to fight the woman back. But her child body was physically no match. Liv didn't know how long the beating went on for after a while she blacked out. Parker had left her on the dirty kitchen floor face completely disoriented.

Liv sat there on that kitchen floor for the remainder of the night. Unable to move or speak. That night was the first time in months that Toni didn't touch her. She didn't know if it was because Parker knew or because Parker had fucked her up. Whatever the reason she was silently grateful.

                                                           ********************

Vant sat in his car rolling up his backwood deep in thought. It was almost 3pm around the time Dearborn Middle School kids were dismissed and he hoped that today he would catch Olivia. He had been posted out here morning and afternoon since Tuesday and hadn't seen her once. It left him worried and even little a paranoid that maybe shorty was on that shit and overdosed or some shit. That was last thing he needed it. Fuck man Vant thought sparking up his backwood inhaling the quality weed. His phone rang interrupting his thoughts.