Chapter 43: Abyss

Start from the beginning

Kakashi's hands curled into fists. "It's only a matter of time before he starts targeting the other villages, big or small. He'll do anything as long as things go his way, I won't be surprised if he were to turn his back on the Leaf if we were to pry too deep into these things." Tsunade let a tired sigh out and pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Anbu!" She called out and two of the captains immediately appeared in front of her. "Take five squads and capture Naruto Namikaze, preferably alive but if he isn't cooperative then you can use lethal jutsu." 

Yugao, one of the captains took off her mask and placed it down on the ground, shaking slightly. Was she turning down the Hokage? What would happen next?

"I apologize, Hokage-sama." She choked out. "But I cannot bring myself to hurt Naruto Namikaze." 

"Yugao, what are you doing?" Kakashi practically hissed. "Don't disobey orders!" 

"You once said that protecting your friends is one of the only things a person can do right in their lives, right Kakashi-senpai?" Kakashi faltered for a moment and Yugao continued speaking. "I regretfully request to be assigned a different mission. I do not want to kill one of the people who helped me in my darkest hour." 

Yugao Uzuki was done. She lived a normal life, or rather, as normal life as a shinobi who went into the Anbu Black Ops Division. Ever since the invasion, ever since those sand bastards had taken away her fiancee, she had been trying to find a reason to live, but each time she tried she failed. 

She was supposed to be Yugao Gekko but that failed when Hayate was murdered in cold blood. How could she have let such a thing happen? 

She cursed as she dodged a bolt of lightning that came down from the sky, striking the tree she had been standing on in an attempt to catch her breath. "Here kitty kitty kitty," The missing Kumo ninja taunted, using a genjutsu to cloak his appearance and become basically invisible. 

Her squadmates had died to this high ranking A-Classed Missing Ninja, Kurogiri Muro. 

Kurogiri grabbed Yugao by her neck out of nowhere and flung her down to the grassy bed of the forest, hitting the dirt with such force as she felt her bones strain and break under the sheer pressure and power the man had thrown her with. 

She was finally going to die. 

Behind her mask, Yugao closed her brown eyes and waited to die by whatever Kurogiri had planned. And waited. And then waited some more. She opened her eyes to see Kurogiri pinned to the tree by two different glowing yellow chains that she recognized. 

"N-Namikaze?" She got out before finding herself being lifted up. She looked at the person holding her and saw the warm smile of Naruto Namikaze. 

"Don't worry, Kitty-chan! I'll protect you!" He said a bit too cheerfully as he began running away and deactivating his chakra chains. 

"No!" Yugao shouted as she pushed herself out of his grasp, falling back to the dirt where she skidded a little, surprising Naruto who went to pick her back up but stopped when she held a blade out, pointing it at him. "Stay away from me!" 

"Kitty-chan," Naruto said, a concerned look in his eyes as he slowly moved his way over to her. "Now is no time to be playing games, we need to get you to safety!"

"Just let me die!" Yugao shouted. She watched as Naruto visibly flinched at her words and felt bad immediately, but the anger and sadness took over her once again and she grinded her teeth together, tears falling down her cheeks from under the mask.