Ch.14 Harper vs Harley

"Why would you do that?" I croak out.
"I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. I thought we were just having fun." He responds making me grow more upset.
"I obviously wasn't having fun! I told you to put me down multiple times and told you to stop, but you didn't!" I sob out making him pull my body closer to him.

I hated him right now. I didn't want to be anywhere near him or look at him. However, the imprint bond was making that hard. I hate it. "I'm so sorry. I thought you were just playing hard to get."
"It doesn't matter! You should've stopped when I told you to, but you didn't!" I shout in anger and sadness.
"I didn't know you had a fear of the water! Maybe if you would've told me then I-"
"Are you kidding me, Paul?" I cut him off in utter disbelief. "You're going to blame me? I shouldn't have had to tell you! Just by the way I was panicking when I was telling you to stop should've been enough to make you realize the situation!"
"You were thrown over my back! How was I supposed to tell? I could barley hear you! Like I said I thought we were having fun!" He yells back.
"Well I wasn't and never was!" I watch as he grew quiet. His jaw clenched. I just wish I knew what was going on in his head.

"I'm taking you home." He gruffly states before picking me up and putting me in the passenger seat. The ride home consisted of bickering and shouting. I was completely drained while Paul was fuming with anger, annoyance and sadness. I guess he had a point that he didn't know about my situation or my fear, but that didn't give him the right to do what he did. By the time we got to my house the air was filled with so much tension and anger that I couldn't deal with it anymore. It was obvious that Paul didn't know a lot about me, but after arguing with him I came to realize there's a lot I don't known about him either.

"Maybe we shouldn't see each other until this whole newborn thing passes." He grunts out making me look at him in disbelief. I saw him almost everyday.
"Are you serious?" I question out. My voice raspy from my crying.
"Just until the newborn thing blows over. I can't risk you getting hurt." He states.
"I didn't plan on getting involved and you know that. Tell me the real reason." I scoff out making his jaw clench tighter.
"I'm telling you the truth. I need to keep you safe and prepare and the only way to do that is to keep you out of the situation." He responds aggressively making me more agitated. I was so hurt and stressed right now and it made me more upset that Paul wasn't realizing it. He was just so angry. "Besides...I obviously made you upset and I don't want to hurt you more than I already did. So, stay away from me until I'm ready to fix this." He adds and motions between him and I. I stare at him in utter disbelief...he low key just made this about him. I roll my eyes with a small scoff before quickly getting out of his car without a goodbye. I slammed the door shut before heading into my house. No one was home, thank god.

What the actual fuck, Paul?

Two weeks ended up going by since I've seen or talked to him. I was so mad at him, but at the same time I missed him. I hated myself for missing him. I need to tell him already so he knows. So he has an idea of how to cope with me. Figure me out.

Paul's POV
I can't figure her out. I feel bad for what I did. What was I thinking? I don't recall her ever telling me she feared the water. Ugh stupid brain...think! I haven't seen her in days. I was busy and being away from her was the safest option. I felt her pain and confusion and I hated it. Absolutely hated it. I hated how I thought about her every waking second. She's all I thought about and dreamed about. I hated myself for what I did. However it also annoyed me how confusing and secretive she is.

"Paul, dude please. The constant war with yourself within your head has to stop." Jared thinks out through mind link as we head back to Sam and Emily's house.
"Sorry."
"Dude, the newborns are gone now, everything is okay. Why don't you just talk to her again?" Embry questions out in confusion.
"I want to, but I just don't know how to approach her. Jacob is still hurt and Sam is still on high end about the blood suckers. I know the main threat is gone, but I can't risk her getting hurt." I explain out.
"Legit dude, you just gotta grow a pair. You're hurting her and yourself more by not seeing her. You can feel her longing and because of that we can too to an extant. It's not pleasant." Quil forwardly says. He was right...I know he was, but I didn't want to admit it.
"That day at the beach dwindled our what little relationship we already had. I don't know how to fix it. She doesn't tell me anything. She's so reserved. It drives me fucking crazy." I respond.
"Couldn't be me." Embry randomly states. He was referring to his imprint, Delilah.
"Shut up, your imprint was your best friend before you shifted. You have no room to talk anyway with how she left your ass." I growl causing Embry to grow quiet.
"Look dude, if I were you I'd talk to her soon. It's not good for imprints to stay apart for long." Jared states before shifting back to his human form as we hit Sam's house. I sigh out before shifting as well as the others. As we enter the back door I was slightly surprised to see Harley's dad Raymond there. Him and Billy black were talking freely with Sam.

"A few of the guys can help you." I hear Sam speak out as we enter the kitchen.
"Help with what?" Jared questions out while grabbing one of Emily's delicious muffins.
"Raymond over here needed help bringing some wood back to his place." Sam speaks out.
"I offered to help, but he won't let me." Billy simply states.
"I'll help!" Quil says and flings up with a smile.
"Only cause you want to see Harper." Embry calls out causing Quil to blush.
"You have a thing for my daughter?" Raymond questions teasingly.
"No sir! I just see her as a friend." Quil quickly responds.
"Yeah, if anything it's Paul that has a thing for your daughter." Jared states making the boys laugh out. I slowly lock eyes with Raymond only to see his brow perk up in interesest.
"So...you're, Paul." He states making me quickly nod and reach out my hand to shake his.
"Paul Lahote, sir." I introduce and shake his hand firmly.
"I've heard of you. My eldest daughter doesn't take a liking to you. You're Harley's friend though." He states making me slightly cringe. I hated those two words together. Harley and friend. She's way more than a friend. Then again...we never made anything official.
"Yes sir. I am." I respond and he gives a slight nod.
"I have a bunch of wood in my truck that needs to be taken out. I stocked up for the next few blizzards that come our way." He states.
"Paul, Jared and I will help you unload it right now if you'd like." Sam states.
"That'd be great. Better start going now before it gets dark out." Raymond states making us nod and pile into his truck. Sam sat in the passenger seat while Jared and I sat in the back. My mind raced a million times a minute. What if I see Harley? How's she doing? Is she okay? Is she even home? What do I tell her if I see her? As we got closer to their house I had a very deep sinking feeling within me. I could feel the stress, anger and sadness radiating from Harley. She was distressed. What was happening?

As we pull into the driveway of their nice house all you could hear was yelling from inside. "Is everything okay?" Sam questions out in concern.
"I have no idea." Raymond stresses out while quickly getting out of the truck. We follow in suit and quickly make our way to the front door of the house. Raymond was quick to slam the door open as we rushed inside to see what was unfolding. There stood Harper and Harley yelling at each other in pure anger as their mom was in between them with tears in her eyes trying to stop the two from touching each other. Heidi stood near the staircase sobbing, as she watched. "Hey! Knock it off!" Raymond yells loudly and marches over only to grab Harper and rip her away from both Harley and their mom.

"I'm tired of your bullshit!" Harper growls out toward Harley.
"Tired of my bullshit? I'm tired of your bullshit!" Harley yells back loudly.
"Harley!" Raymond yells out in warning while still holding on to a fuming Harper. Harley didn't even seem to knowledge her father. She just continued to speak.
"All you try to do is dictate my life! You act as if you know what it's like! And news flash, bitch! You don't! You didn't get attacked by a shark and almost loose your life! You didn't have to go through the healing process! You didn't have to deal with your boyfriend fucking leaving you cause you were no longer good enough! You didn't have the greatest thing in life be taken away from you. You don't deal with the night terrors every night! You are not traumatized! You are not mentally damaged! You did not have your fucking future ripped away from you! I fear the water now! I grew up in the water! I grew up surfing! I was to become a pro surfer! I can't even do that anymore because I fear it! I mentally can not process how everything was ripped away from me!" She screams out as we all stand there in shock. I could practically feel my heart break as she speaks. I watch as tears slipped down her beautiful and roughed up face. Her chest heaving for air. She took a deep breath and cleared her throat before whipping her tears away. "You will never understand. So don't dictate me on my decisions. When I'm ready I'll go back. Right now though...I'm still mentally healing from it. So do me a favor and stop."

Silence.

Boom update! Yo this chapter was a big heart clencher! Soooo Paul has now figure out 👀 I wonder what that meanssss

Anywho! Let me know what y'all think! Also let me know if y'all want to see any specific scenes! I'm more than open to writing them!! ~Ciao!