Ch.10 Imprint

I woke up the following day around 10am. Since my prosthetic leg was now broken I had to use crutches, which I wasn't vibing with, but it's whatever. I ended up sliding down the stairs on my butt since going down with the crutches would be too hard. As soon as I reached the bottom I realized that my father, Heidi and Harper were all gone.

"Where is everyone?" I ask my mother in confusion.
"They're making boards at Billy's." She simply says making my eyes widen.
"They're making boards?" I clarify and she nods. "Why?" Fun fact about my family, we built surfboards back in Hawai'i. We didn't do it for money or anything, but it was a side hobby we did.
"Heidi's been wanting a new board and hers got a ding in it. She wanted to add to her quiver." Mom responds.
"And you didn't go?"
"I was going to, but I was waiting for you to wake up." She says making me purse my lips. "Ah- don't say no, you're going." I groan out before slowly making my way back upstairs to change and look somewhat decent.

My mom and I subtly talked on our way to Billy's house. When she pulled into the dirt driveway I automatically noticed the familiar group of boys were there along with Emily and Sam. "I thought it was just Billy and Jake." I nervously speak out.
"Looks like Jake has some friends over. Just don't pay attention to them." She says before getting out of the car and helping me out. We slowly make our way to the group of people only to be noticed when Heidi shouted my name and ran over to mom and I.

"Harley! You have to look at how my board is coming along!" She says happily while jumping up and down.
"Okay, okay, hold on." I say and speed up my space. I greet Billy with a small smile not bothering to look at the boys before looking at Heidi's board.
"Where's the color?" I question blankly.
"She won't let us add any too it." Paul says out of no where making me jump and look at him. He must've been helping my dad with the board along with Harper.

"You want it all white?" I ask Heidi in confusion.
"No, I want you to paint it!" She says making my eyes widen in slight shock.
"Why? Don't you want a pretty resin color or spray paint?" I ask.
"No! I want the hula girl on it! Like the one in your room!" Heidi exclaims in excitement.
"Well, if that's what you want." I state making Heidi hug me and run off into the house.
"She's probably off bothering Emily again." Billy states making my mom chuckle.
"I'll go save Emily from her." I watch as my mom walks off leaving Billy, Dad, Harper, Paul and I.

"Well, Harley, why don't you go ahead and start painting it." Dad suggests.
"I don't have paint on me though." I state.
"We have paint in the garage you can use." Billy says.
"Is it good paint though?" I question sheepishly.
"Paint is paint." Billy states in slight confusion making my face turn blank while I stared at him.
"She's talking about her acrylic paints." Harper says before walking off toward Embry and the others.
"Oh, well...looks like the board building will have to continue some other day." Billy responds and I nod quietly.
"Why don't you say we pop a beer, Billy." Dad says making Billy nod.
"Sounds good to me." Billy responds before him and my dad leave. I stood there awkwardly with Paul not knowing what to do.

"So, uh, how are you?" He asks.
"Fine...and you?"
"Fine." He responds quietly and it goes quiet again. "Do you not have any questions?" He questions in confusion.
"What?" I ask and look over at him.
"You saw two human men transform into wolves. You have no questions?" He asks in shock.
"I'm still in shock." I respond making him oh out.
"I can explain." He responds making me look at him in interest. "Just, not here. We should go somewhere private."

Paul ended up taking me to La Push beach which was not far from Emily's house. He offered to carry me, but I was content on using my crutches. I currently sat next to him on a drift wood log while staring out at the ocean.

"You all can turn into wolves?" I question and he nods.
"Yeah. Sam is our alpha, we have to obey him no matter what. Jared is beta and I'm third in command." He explains.
"What about Jacob, Embry and Quil?"
"They don't have any rank. They phased after us." He explains and I nod in understanding. Paul proceeded to explain how it ran in the blood line and that I would have to go to their next camp fire to hear the full back story. Apparently Billy explains it really well.