Ch.6 Party Pt.2

Paul's POV
Embry, Jared and I sat outside around the small fire with a few of our other friends. I had a beer in my hand and Samantha on my lap. I was always in and off with her. Our relationship was more like a friends with benefits type if anything. I was practically living my best life at the moment.

I didn't have to worry about much, I'm popular, girls love me, I got an imprint.....an imprint. I couldn't get Harley off my mind ever since I locked eyes with her. I fucking hated it. I didn't like how I felt when I picture her. Tingles would erupt in my body and I'd feel vulnerable. As if I was putty in her hands. I didn't like that she had this big of an affect on me when I just met her the other day and barley talked to her.

My friends and I sat there talking while music jammed out loudly. I tried my best to engage with them, but it was hard to when a familiar scent tickled my nose. I took in a deep breath. The smell of goji berry, hibiscus and coconut overwhelming my senses. It was intoxicating. Before I could even picture the beautiful face that went with the scent I heard her name being called.

"Her name's Harley." I hear a male voice gruff out in annoyance. Was she here? I quickly look to where the voice was and automatically went stiff. My eyes quickly landed on her exposed stomach. Her belly button ring shimmered in the dim light and I couldn't help to noticed the visible scars on her sun kissed stomach. I locked eyes with her and I felt like the air could've been knocked out of me. She was absolutely beautiful.

My eyes slowly drifted to where her hand held the hand of Alex fucking Montgomery. I felt my blood boil as I stared at her gripped hand around his. I slowly look back up and lock eyes with her again only to watch Alex pull her off somewhere. Why the fuck was she hanging out with Makah members?

"Yo, dude isn't that-"
"Harley? Yeah" I angrily state, cutting off Embry.
"I- What is she doing hanging out with Makah members? How does she even know them?" Jared questions while looking her way.
"Maybe through mutual friends?" Kim suggests while looking at my imprint.
"I'm sorry, who is this that we're talking about?" Samantha questions in slight irritation.
"No one important to you." I say and uncomfortably move her off my lap. I hear her huff out and sit down on the empty bench next to me.
"She was just holding his hand. He was probably leading her somewhere." Embry says positively causing me to glare at him.

I look over my shoulder to spot her with some of the other Makah tribe members and teens from the surrounding schools who were close with Alex. I growl watching them check her out as if she was a piece of meat. Alex made the whole situation worse by being protective of her. That's my job. I kept a close eye on her through the night waiting to swoop in if anything were to happen.

Harley's POV
I was having fun, no doubt, but it wasn't as great as some of the parties I use to attend back in Hawai'i. It's probably because I'm not really close with anyone here. I hung around Alex and his friends, but drifted off on my own when they started getting reckless due to the alcohol in their systems.

I found myself staring at the night sky from the front yard. I sat on the front porch steps. I was one of the few people out front. There were two other girls toward the end of the sidewalk that lead up to the house. It seemed like they were waiting for a ride. Speaking of a ride, I have no idea where Charlotte is and my house was a good 20 minute drive away. "Mind if I accompany you?" I hear a familiar voice question. I look up ad spot Paul looking down at me.
"Not at all." I say with a tight smile before looking away from him. I felt the heat radiate off his body and onto mine as he sits next to me. He felt like a furnace.
"Hey, are you sick?" I question out and look at him.
"No, why?" He questions in confusion. I place my hand on the skin of his bicep only to quickly pull my hand away feeling a wave of electricity shoot through my arm leading to my body. It seemed like he felt it too because he looked as shocked and confused as I did.

"You're hot. Like really hot. I can feel the heat radiating off your skin." I simply state before awkwardly looking away from him.
"I tend to be more on the hot side....actually and physically." He states charmingly causing me to sheepishly smile.
"You're confidence is extensive." I say causing him to snicker.
"So, you're friends with the Makah tribe?" He speaks out making me look at him in confusion.
"The Makah tribe?" I question. Nothing was clicking.
"Yeah. You know, Alex and Joseph?" He questions making me think for a second.
"Oh, uh- yeah. I'm not actually friends with them. They're just acquaintances, we have mutual friends." I explain causing him to nod in understanding.
"You seem really close to Alex. Sorry for assuming." He states awkwardly.
"Oh, uh, I mean the girl I came here with kinda disappeared and he's the only one I kinda knew. He was just being nice." I tell him and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Oh." It went quiet for a few. "You said your friend disappeared?"
"Yeah. I don't really know how I'm going to get home now." I say sheepishly. "I might have to call my sister or parents."
"You have another sister?" He questions.
"Yeah, she's a year and four months older than me. We've always been kinda close, but not so much anymore." I tell him.
"And why's that?" He asks causing me to to grow quiet. "Oh, sorry, uh- you don't have to tell me."
"We just don't see eye to eye really." That wasn't a lie.
"If you want I can drive you home." He offers.
"Oh, no. You don't have to. It looked like you were having fun." I state.
"It's fine, I have no problem with it. I'd rather bring you home then some stranger." He says. I purse my lips and give him a look over.

"You're almost a stranger to me, Paul."
"We're on a first name basis. I think that accounts for something, Harley." He says with a smirk while standing up. I smile at his comment before he reaches a hand down to help me up. I grab onto his hand only to feel that similar electricity from earlier shoot through me. We both quickly pulled away and stared at each other. I got lost in his almost black colored eyes. They were like black holes that went on forever.

The ride back to my place was entertaining. Paul and I spent it laughing and talking about our lives. I felt like I learned everything about Paul. It made me feel somewhat bad because I didn't open up as much as he did. Before I knew it we were in my driveway. I noticed that my parents car was gone, but the Jeep was here along with two cars I didn't recognize, so I assumed Harper came back with a few friends. I let out a small sign not wanting to leave. "Well, thank you, Paul."
"Of course, I'll see you around?" He questions. I give him a smile and nod before slowly exiting his car. He waited for me to get to my front door and open it before reversing out of my driveway. As soon as I entered the house I was greeted by an annoyed looking Harper and a few of her friends.

"What were you doing with Lahote?" She questions, arms crossed.
"He dropped me off." I state simply.
"Why were you at that part on the res? The res boys are players, Harley. They aren't good company." She states.
"Yeah, I know Paul probably has you wrapped around his finger, but he's just going to use you then dump you, sweetie." One of her friends says. I stare at them in pure annoyance and disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? I just went to a stupid party to try and mingle and he gave me a ride home because I somewhat knew him and my friend ditched me. It's not like I was inviting him into my panties." I quietly shout.
"Somewhat knew him? Have you talked to him before?" Harper questions. I forgot she didn't fully know about the accident with Heidi.

"Yeah? So what? We aren't friends, just acquaintances. If we ever do become friends though I'm not going to let you dictate who I can and can't talk to and hang out with. And the fact that you knew I was at that party tonight and knew I was specifically with him shows that you were somewhat stalking me, so fuck you." I hiss at her before heading up to my room. I slammed my door shut before falling into my bed. I get that she was just trying to look out for me, but I didn't like that she was mingling within my business. She never talked to Paul. All she knew was the stupid gossip and rumors like everyone else and I hate to be that girl, but he seemed nothing like that when I talked to him. Then again...maybe that's just one of his tricks. I didn't want to judge him off of rumors because it's not right, but how close to the truth are they?

Hey y'all! Update! It's short I'm sorry 😪 I had writers block. Anywho, I'm trying to plan out ahead of time for this story but I kinda have no idea where I want it to go. I'll probably have Harley become close to Bella :) but let me know if there is anything y'all want to see!