Ch.8 Wolves

Bella quickly drove back to her house like a maniac once we got in the car. We were both so awe struck and breathing heavily. I felt bad that I couldn't run any faster, but she didn't seem to question it.

"This all makes sense now." She says making me look at her in confusion.
"I'm sorry?" I question.
"There's been these attacks happening around Forks recently and no one knows what's causing them. I'm positive it's those wolves though!" Bella says and I nod slightly in understanding. Bella quickly pulled into her drive way before getting out her her car and slamming the door shut. I got out as fast as I could and stayed behind Bella as she ran into her house.
"Dad! I saw them." She yells as she runs into the kitchen. I walk up behind her and spot Charlie and an older looking man.
"What's the matter?" Charlie questions.
"In the woods. They're not bears." She says out of breath.
"What do you mean in the woods? Bella, what the hell were you doing out in the woods?" He responds in stress. I forgot that Bella went missing for a while and Sam Ailey found her. I overheard my dad, Charlie and Billy talking about it.

"They're wolves. I mean, they're like huge wolves." Bella explains in distress.
"Are you sure about that, Bella?" The older man asks out.
"Yeah! I just saw them. They were after something..." Bella tells him.
"Did you see them too, Harley?" Charlie asks me and I nod quickly.
"They were gigantic as if they were mutated." I state and look between Charlie and the older man. The older one looked worried and conflicted as if he knew something.

"Wolves? You saw?" Charlie questions once more causing both Bella and I to nod quickly. "Alright. Well, Harry, feel like going hunting?" Harry. That's his name. I've heard my dad, Charlie and Billy mention him before.
"Sure, yeah. I'll.....I'll just..." Harry oddly pointed at the front door before walking out.
"I should go to the station." Charlie says and stands up from the table.
"Dad, you should....You should go." Bella says with a nod. Bella ended up driving me home once her dad left and I couldn't help but to bombard her with questions.

"Who was that guy with the dreads? You obviously knew him. Why were his eyes red and why did he run so damn fast?" Bella side eyes me and keeps quiet for a few.
"What are you talking about?" She questions. It was obvious she was trying to play it off.
"Bella, that guy said he wanted to kill you. Those wolves were after him and he ran inhumanly fast. It looked like he ran faster than time, if that even makes sense. Not only that, but he threw that wolf back like it was no issue." I explain.
"Harley, I don't know what you're talking about. Laurent ran normally and his eyes weren't red. You must've been so scared that your mind was imagining things." Bella states making me give her a look of pure annoyance.
"Bella....shut the fuck up." I dead pan causing her to look at me in shock. I wasn't one to often curse, but right now seemed like a good time. "I know what I saw. Don't try and make me look dumb. It won't work on me." She sighs out in response.
"Yes I know him and my situation with him is complicated and it's none of your business."
"It kinda is my business since I was involved." I quickly respond.
"My situation with him is none of your business. I didn't say that what happened today isn't your business." Bella snaps at me. I roll my eyes in annoyance and look out the front window and away from her pale face.
"If he goes after me next, it's your fault."

I barley talked at dinner tonight. I listened to the conversations my sisters and parents had while I sat there staring at my dish of moussaka. "So, Charlie told me you had a run in with some wolves today." My dad says causing me to quickly look up. I saw everyone staring at me.
"Uh- yeah." I state causing Heidi's mouth to drop open.
"Did they attack you?" She quickly questions in concern.
"Does she look like she got attacked?" Harper responds.
"Shut up, Harper! I wasn't talking to you!" Heidi snaps back.
"Stop, eat your food or it's going to get cold." Mom scolds Heidi.
"They were huge dad. Like massive." I state and think back to the huge wolf I made eye contact with.
"You shouldn't be out in the woods with all those attacks going on." Mom says in concern.
"I was with Bella. We were looking for this meadow." I respond.
"Doesn't matter. Your mother's right." Dad responds.
"Why are you even hanging out with her? She's weird." Harper comments. I ignore her like usual.