Ch.4 Feels Like Home

Paul's POV
I stared at the girl in pure awe. She was beautiful and exotic looking. I've never seen her around here before. I was automatically entranced as I stared into her hazel green eyes. They were more of a dark hazel; with gold and emerald green streaks. I saw my future with her and I hated the fact that what Sam and Jared said about to whole ordeal happened to be true. I never would've thought I'd find her. That I deserved her.

She slowly looked away and got ready to pick her up, but before she could I stopped her.
"I- uh. I can carry her if you want." I tell her in slight awe.
"Uh, okay." She mumbles before staring back at the girl. "Are you okay with that?" The little girl nods before I effortlessly pick her up, resting her against my left side. My imprint quickly grabs her board as we head to the Jeep. I placed the girl in her car seat as My imprint threw her board in the back before grabbing a towel and wrapping the girl's leg with it then climbing into the drivers seat. It was silent other than me directing her every now and then.

"So you're Paul?" She questions awkwardly.
"Uh, yeah. Paul Lahote, and you are?" She froze as I told her my name. I automatically became irritated and upset. Word spreads.

Harley's POV
He was the Moke that my table in my last period were taking about. Charlotte had told me he was a ladies man and a big partier. He always seemed to be getting into fights and he hung out with the wrong people. I didn't want to be involved with someone like him. I realized I made the situation more awkward by not responding. "Well?" He questions blankly.
"Uh- Harley Roussos." I say and I see a small smile play on his lips.
"Harley." He whispers to himself making me side eye him. We soon pulled into an almost non existent drive way and I couldn't help to thank the lord. I carried Heidi inside to already find Sam and the other two guys there. How did they get here so fast?

"You can place her down on the chair. Funny seeing you again." The women from the store says and comes out from the hall with a medical box in hand. That must be Emily.
"Yeah." I say sheepishly while placing Heidi down.
"Is it deep?" She questions and places the medical box on the table.
"No, not really." I respond making Emily nod and start cleaning the wound. It got quiet for a few as Sam, Paul and the others stood around watching.

"Ua huhū?" (You angry?) Heidi asks making everyone looking between us in confusion.
"A'ole, i haki wale." (No, just upset.) I respond softly making her nod.
"So, is she your daughter?" One of the boys questions making my eyes widen.
"Oh dear no. She's my little sister." I respond quickly.
"I'm Heidi! The better sister." She introduces confidently making them smile.
"Why hello, Heidi. And you are?" Emily questions.
"Harley." I introduce and she smiles.
"Nice to meet you. I hope to see you around more!" She says and I give her a sheepish smile.
"I'm sure we will." Sam says while looking at Paul.
"Which one of you thought to learn gibberish?" Another questions making me look at him in complete disbelief. The more I stared at him the more I noticed that he looked familiar. Embry? I think that's his name. He looked a lot different from when I first met him. He looked good with short hair.
"It's not gibberish, stupid. It Hawaiian." Heidi sassily responds making me give her a look of warning.
"Hawaiian? Hey didn't Rebecca move to Hawaii?" He questions causing Sam to nod.
"Hey! We know Rebecca! She's a family friend of ours!" Heidi notifies making them all look at me for a clarification.
"Our dad is really close to Billy Black and Charlie Swan. They grew up together here in Forks. That's kinda why we're are back." I explain.
"So I assume you've met Jacob and Bella then?" Emily questions.
"Yeah, they were my first friends here. I'm in Bella's grade and go to school with her." I respond.
"So are you liking it here?" Paul questions making me look at him. I quickly look away and blush when we make eye contact.
"I don't really care for it. I miss Hawai'i, the sunshine and warmth. It is beautiful here though, don't get me wrong. Just....dull." I state.
"I'm sure you'll warm up to it." Emily says with a small smile before closing the medical box. "Done." Heidi quickly stands up and looks down at the bandage on her leg with a small smile.
"Thank you!" She says and give Emily a quick hug.
I smile lightly before speaking, "Thank you. I'm sorry for the trouble."
"Oh it's nothing! You girls are welcome back here any time!" Emily responds. I give her a nod of understanding before grabbing Heidi's hand.
"We should get going before mom freaks out." I state more so to Heidi. "It was nice meeting you all." I say and scan over the boys.
"You too, I'm Jared by the way." The shorter one says and sticks out his hand. I give it a light shake before looking at the boy who I thought was familiar.
"Embry, but you've met me already." He says making me smile. I look at Paul one last time and feel giddy when we make eye contact. No, Harley, no! He's bad news!

I quickly make my way out of the wooden house with Heidi before heading back to our home in Forks. "Hey girls did you en- Oh my god! What happened?" Our mom quickly shouts as she spots Heidi's leg when we walk into the house.
"I got cut by a sharp rock! It's okay though! Emily fixed it up!" Heidi says.
"Emily?" Mom repeats the name in confusion.
"She's Sam's fiancée. They live on the res." I tell our mom and it seems as if something clicked in her head.
"Oh, yes. I know of Sam, Billy was telling us about him. He and is band of friends protect the res sorta." She explains.
"Really? Because everyone at my school, including Bella refers to them as a cult." I respond making my mom shrug her shoulders.

I spent the rest of my day finishing decorating my room and painting it. Ever since I stopped surfing I was antsy to find something else to keep me occupied and I found a love for painting and drawing. I decided to keep my light teal colored walls, but on the main big one I decided to paint a mural. I don't know what was going through my mind, but I wanted to make it look like a post card. So that's exactly what I did. I painted your typical beach with palms. The moon peeking out from the beautiful mountains in the background and a hula girl leaning up against one of the palm trees on the right. The final touch was the words, Aloha Hawai'i, written in cursive on the top left corner. I took me the rest of that Saturday and Sunday to finish it, but it turned out really nice.

I ended up pushing my wooden desk up against it. I proceeded to hang up my floral paper lanterns around my room along with the white canopy curtains that attached to the top of my bed. I ran a fake vine up one of the bed posts followed by hanging up some of my pictures and island like decorations. I was quick to place my nicknacks where I thought they fit best and put my quiver in the corner of my room so they were displayed. Last was my hibiscus and palm leaf bedding.

As I looked around I finally somewhat felt like I was home.

Hi! I know that was a short chapter, but it thought was a good place to end :) Hope y'all are liking it so far! Also im over here deciding if I wanna make Paul an ass or not 🤡😂.

Anyway, happy reading!