Ch.5 Party

It's now February. A whole month almost that I've been in Forks. It honestly wasn't that bad. Harper in the beginning insisted that she hated it and would move to to Hawai'i as soon as she graduates, but she's popular here at Forks high as she was back in Hawai'i. She was friends with the more so popular clique and often hung out with the jocks.

Heidi was starting to like it here too. She joined Girl Scouts and was absolutely in love with it. She was determined to have to most badges out of all the girls in her scout. She also got a little boyfriend that we love to tease her about even though she says he's just a friend.

And for me, everything was...boring. I was somewhat excited about the move at first, but now, all I wanted was to go back. I envied Harper and how everything seemed to be going her way. We fought again recently about it. She said I was putting myself in this situation and I could make it better here if I just thought positive and tried.

I didn't think I was being depressive. I mean I was genuinely trying, but no matter how hard I tried to mingle and make friends, I was never fully accepted in to someones circle like Harper was. I did of course have Charlotte, Kenzie, Joseph and Mark, but like I said they had their own groups and I rarely hung out with them after school. I also had Bella and her friends, but Bella was always with Jacob and her friends were their own tight click. If anything I found myself with Eric every now and then and it was only because he had some obsession with me, which Angela didn't really like.

"It looks like everything matches up well! You're hired! Will you be able to start training next Monday?" Vanessa, the owner of the small tea and coffee shop questions.
"Yes, of course!" I say with a smile.
"Sweet! I'll see you at 4 on Monday then!" She says and stands up. So, yeah. I got a job. It would help keep me distracted, away from home and to get my own money. I made my way back home and was quickly questioned by my mom as soon as I got into the house.

"Did you get it?" She questions, her eyes full of hope.
"Yep!" I say with a smile causing her grin and hug me.
"Awe, I'm so proud of you!" She says before releasing me from her tight grip.
"It's just a job mom. I've had one before." I say sheepishly.
"It's your first serving job though! All you did back in Hawai'i was work at a souvenir beach shop and lifeguard on the side." She states before walking back into the kitchen.
"Is everyone out?" I question and rest my arms on the counter top.
"Yeah. Heidi is at scouts for the weekend, Harper is with her friends and your father is working late." She says and I nod in understanding.
"Looks like it's just me and you." I say with a small smile.
"Actually, it's just you." My mom says with a light chuckle making me look at her in confusion. "I'm going out with Sue Clearwater. You'll have the house to yourself."
"Oh, well have fun!" I say, my smile slowly falling. "You deserve it." She sighed out and frowned at me.

"It's a Friday night. Surely there is something you have planned." She says making me give her a tight smile. "Why don't you text one of your new friends and see if they want to hang out. I know you think they don't want to, but it worthy a shot." I sigh out knowing she was right. There would be no harm in texting someone if they wanted to hang. The first person I texted was Joseph, but he turned out to be working on a project. Next was Kenzie, but she was out of town. Mark never responded. I didn't bother texting Bella or any of her friends. So that left me with Charlotte and oddly enough she was down, however when she told me she was going to a party on the res and I automatically started to think of an excuse to get out of it, but it was too late.

I was forced to give her my address so she could come pick me up. So here I sat in my room and freaking out. I didn't know what to wear or what would happen at this party. I haven't partied since my attack and if anything I felt like I've changed since I've moved to Forks. I was no longer that party girl back in Hawai'i. I quickly asked Charlotte to send me a pic of what she was going to wear and my eyes widened once I saw it. She wore a skin tight, black romper that showed her cleavage along with a pair of black pumps. A white fur coat rested upon her shoulders and she had a smokey makeup look on. She looked so good.