(Chapter 23) All I Wanna Be

Start from the beginning

"Anything I can do to help?" Garroth asks.

"Well could you try and get your hands on a cage? Like an small dog sized one"

"I'll try. There should be one up in the science labs" He says as he starts to grab his things.

Aph gets up and we start to walk off. "Meet us outside the potions rooms" I shout back.

Me and Aph run off to Lucinda's house, while I explain the plan on the way.

"So this owl has been annoying Lucinda every night?" Aph says.

"Yep. So she has an emotional connection with it" I say.

We run up to the house and I immediately jump the fence by using the side of the house to give me a boost. I land on my back and roll into an upright position. Aph just walks up behind me.

"What? How did you get in?" I ask.

"The gate was unlocked" She says while trying not to laugh.

"Oh, anyway where's this owl?"

Hoot hoot

Aphmau P.O.V

"Okay so how are we gonna do this?" I ask only to see Y/n gone. "Y/n?"

Meow

I look down and see a small black cat, next to Y/n's clothes.

"Okay so what exactly is the plan here?" I say as I bend down and stroke Y/n.

Y/n then runs off and climbs the tree. The runs to the top and locks onto the owls nest. From the looks of it, the owl doesn't have any kids, so Y/n goes in for a pounce. The owl fly's up and drives into the branches. Y/n follows and chases it around the tree. Dodging and diving between the branches. Eventually, Y/n dives onto the owl and they both go crashing to the ground. Y/n stands on top of the owl, pinning it down. They both stare at each other and for some reason, Y/n let's the owl go. The owl flys off and Y/n shifts back.

"Why did you let it go?" I ask.

"Something in its eyes" She says as she starts to get dressed. I quickly turn around. "The owl couldn't be Lucinda's familiar"

"Why?"

"Cause she already has one" Y/n says while running out the garden.

"What?" I shout as I start to runs after her.

"I'll explain on the way!" I hear her shout.

Lucinda P.O.V

"Well done Lucinda. You've demonstrated exceptional potion brewing skills, spell casting and knowledge on the magical world. Finally, have you found a familiar?" The examiner asks.

"Well...." I start but am stopped by Aph and Garroth bursting in. With a cat?

"We got your familiar" Aph says out of breath.

"Here" Garroth says as hands me the cat.

I look down at the cat. She seems familiar. I mostly recognise her eyes. "Y/n?" I ask and the cat nods.

Everything suddenly makes sense. Y/n is a magical creature and so can be a familiar. Plus I have a strong emotional connection with her.

"You sure about this?" I ask. Y/n nods.

"Well it seems you've got a familiar. Shall we make it official?" The examiner asks.

I look at Y/n, then at the examiner and nod. He starts the spell.

Spizaz

The moment he finishes I notice something is different. I feel whole but not completely. It's hard to describe.

The examiner walks over a checks mine and Y/n's heart beat. "Yep, heart beats are in sink. She's officially your familiar"

Y/n jumps down and I immediately feel like I've lost a part of myself. Y/n feels it too as she almost instantly presses herself up against my leg.

"I recommend that you two avoid physical contact for a day or two so you both can get used to this feeling"

I nod and we all walk out of the room. Once outside, Y/n shifts and gets changed while I gesture to Aph and Garroth to give us some time alone.

"Hey"

"Hi"

We both look at each other nervously, both unsure as to what to say.

"So. Did you pass?" Y/n jokes.

I hold back a laugh. "Why would you do that?" I ask.

She takes a moment to think. "It just felt right. I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted" She starts.

"Y/n. If I didn't want to, I wouldn't have done it. You have nothing to be sorry for. I just wasn't expecting it" Y/n stays silent. "Oh and" I say as I walk up to her. "Love you too"

I lean in and we kiss. Though it's so much different now. There's so much more passion and honesty behind the kiss that we both loss ourselves. Since Y/n's now sharing a part of my soul, when we touch it feels like I'm reconnecting with a part of myself. It's somewhat addicting, to the point where we have to force ourselves apart.

We both stand there, taking in deep breaths with our foreheads touching.

"So? What now?" Y/n asks.

"No clue"

==================================================================================

Hi PTH here,

So Y/n being Lucinda's familiar is an idea I've had from the start but I knew I wanted to give it the time it needs. Hopefully it turned out okay. Sorry this is coming out a bit late, I had a power cut so I couldn't publish. Also I've been publishing a chapter on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but I don't know if that's gonna continue since last week I felt like I had to get a chapter out which I don't like feeling. So upload days might change, if it does I'll be sure to let you know, though it just depends on how I feel at the time. That's enough for now, hope you guys and gals are having a great week, if not I hope reading this makes it that little bit better.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading